The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The ABC of gay-baiting Alan Jones > Comments

The ABC of gay-baiting Alan Jones : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 5/10/2012

Psychologically speaking, what motivates prominent ABC faces to gay-bait conservative figures?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I will re-quote again this guy too as I reckon he's summed up how I feel about it all...

'I don't like Alan Jones. I don't particularly like Mike Carlton either.
The reason I felt compelled to comment today is because Carlton's article on Jones is a perfect illustration of where the 'Left' go wrong when they come out swinging at someone like Jones.
A guy like Carlton is 100% convinced of his own superior intellect and therefore completely convinced that listeners of Jones are misguided. They are apparently " a mob, frightened and dumb." And therein lies the problem.
The Left's righteousness knows no humility whatsoever yet Carlton has the temerity to accuse Jones of intellectual snobbery?? Disagree with Carlton....well that's because you are stupid and ill-informed. Oh, if only the majority of the country were as intelligent as Carlton, the ABC, Gillard and the Greens. Oh the humanity. When will people learn??'

By some random called matt (I think) on the leftie Herald.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 8 October 2012 4:04:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All the uncalled for calls for Alan Jones' demise are so short sighted…

His only importance is to allow me the satisfaction of choosing to not listen to him and to ignore him utterly.

If he's not 'there', how will I manage to feel so superior so cheaply whilst at the same time enjoying the irony of so many Aussie battlers thinking they are well represented by a multi-millionaire?

Besides, it would lose the opportunity to rework old jokes: "When Alan Jones was born the doctor slapped his mother."
Posted by WmTrevor, Monday, 8 October 2012 4:53:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan Jones who so hates this government has, ironically played right into the hand of Julia (Pinnochio) Gillard with his crass remark by increasing public sympathy and support for her.
Posted by PIPIBEAU, Monday, 8 October 2012 10:35:34 PM
Gay-baiting is disgusting so why use this in attacking Alan Jones.
Sure his remark (and others he has made) are considered beyond the pale, but why bring this up? His comments are the subject not his sexual orientation.
He has given the left the opportunity to link him with the liberals in their disgusting (also) dirt thrown at Tony Abbott.
Shows the depths an insecure government will to .
Posted by PIPIBEAU, Monday, 8 October 2012 10:43:21 PM
Something that few liberal members and supporters seem to have woken up to is that there is a small group of so called liberals lead by Tony Abbott who really are the new Democratic Labour party. They have another agenda, church manipulation of government. Their religious masters tried this many years ago and all that they achieved was to keep Menzies and subsequent liberal PMs in power, fortunately, because we did enjoy stable government. The parrot can`t see this so I don`t hold that against him, just his blind stupidity. I would like to see all of the small L liberals denounce this dangerous group and expose them as church stooges.
Posted by mursheen, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 12:28:28 PM
Fair dinkum Mosheen! Do you really think the libs would tolerate being turned into latter day DLP
You never know who will be leader of either party by next election, anyway. Do you think that Malcolm Turnbull is a closet DLP follower?
DLP are history....don't be scared.
Posted by PIPIBEAU, Tuesday, 9 October 2012 3:41:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy