The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The ABC of gay-baiting Alan Jones > Comments

The ABC of gay-baiting Alan Jones : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 5/10/2012

Psychologically speaking, what motivates prominent ABC faces to gay-bait conservative figures?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I have a (gay) ABC friend who described Alan Jones as "giving gays a bad name for 71 years". Your analysis is more about what you perceive to be an ABC inspired attack on gays. The reality is that many gays and lesbians are as appalled by Jones' personal vindictiveness against women as the rest of the community - apart from Liberal voters.
Posted by Paul R, Friday, 5 October 2012 9:26:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The ABC is a tragic waste of taxpayers money. We all pay for those appalling, ignorant bigots.

And I disagree that it's Labor-first. It's Greens/leftie first, Labor roughly second (unless there's another leftie group first).
Posted by DavidL, Friday, 5 October 2012 10:04:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The article appears to be looking for an angle to bash the ABC, a worthy activity, but this attempt (for me) doesn't work. If Alan Jones is indeed gay, then his avoidance does a disservice to the gay and hetro community. The baiting is not about being gay but being a hypocrite. I can, though, understand any reluctance, especially when one has a 1950s mindset and a previous proximity to Rugby League changing rooms.
Posted by Hoopdy Hoopdy La La, Friday, 5 October 2012 10:21:11 AM
'The article appears to be looking for an angle to bash the ABC, a worthy activity'

hehe
Posted by Houellebecq, Friday, 5 October 2012 10:57:50 AM
self righteousness and hatred are the motivators for many of the national broadcasters spewing bile at Abbott and prior to that Howard. I suspect its the same motivation when hating Jones. Usually it is because they point out the obvious which the left hate.
Posted by runner, Friday, 5 October 2012 11:18:04 AM
Yes, it appears more and more like Alan Jones' regrettable comment gave the virulent Left a perfect opportunity to try to shut him down. I don't listen to him - I'm in Qld - but I'm glad there is some broadcaster to balance the blatantly Left Wing comments by the ABC.

It seems to me that Jones cops more than his fair share of abuse from the Left - most worse than his comments about the PM's father. The hypocrisy of the Left is there for all to see - as long as you don't listen to the ABC!
Posted by NannaK, Friday, 5 October 2012 11:34:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy