The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Those who've cared the longest should have a strong say > Comments

Those who've cared the longest should have a strong say : Comments

By Leah Talbot, published 12/9/2012

Historically, there have been limited processes for recognising and obtaining consent from the Indigenous Traditional Owners in developing World Heritage nominations.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
We just do it more efficiently because of technology..."
Poirot,
I think you misunderstood, I meant we've been far more effective in making a mess of the place.
btw. Look up the Punjak Jaya mine in West Papua on Google earth. It makes the Pilbara look like an amateur job.
Frightening really !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 13 September 2012 7:37:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bill Gammage,in his book "The biggest estate on earth", by Allen & Unwin, shows that pre-colonisation/invasion the Aboriginal people were expert at caring for Country. There was farming and harvesting and storage of grain, that the explorers stole. Explorers found stone houses, villages of stone houses, extensive yam farming and ophisticated eel farming. Trading was occurring across the continent.

I suggest that the ill-informed posters stop being so lazy and go and read the facts instead of relying on outdated and debunked settler myths and legends.

It is quite clear that Aboriginal people cared for their country for millenia - long before England was ever settled.
Posted by Aka, Thursday, 13 September 2012 9:00:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is quite clear that Aboriginal people cared for their country.
Aka,
Please stop inventing history, that's just so yesterday.
Posted by individual, Friday, 14 September 2012 6:41:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JA6vRC1xW_c

its so sad its pathetic
for those who cared

should you have a say

there is often more killing under a liar..telling you things you WANT TO HEAR..but we are all got feet of clay..dont idiolise anyone..but love all

of the image..to the topic
nuthin..it just minded me of a title*..that is designed to form a basic of concensus..not debate..hearing..but knowing the wrong ones are listening

thus we get racists
kids really believe liars..thus kids are brutally racist..once its taught by egsample*..fear based control..:works
Posted by one under god, Friday, 14 September 2012 8:39:02 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
UOG,
Whatever it is you're saying I can only go by what I have either read, seen in sketches & photographs & what I am experiencing nowadays first hand. I just find some peoples' attempts to portray the indigenous of from before european invasion & possibly from before any other invasion before that as having existed in a Nirvana kind of situation. Coastal tribes would unquestionably have fared much better than the desert dwellers. The second wave of explorers found out fairly quickly that many indigenous merely existed & were constantly on the war path with other tribes. It wasn't a healthy, loving society as some would have us believe. Having said that I do in no way imply that our ways are any better but I can't help wondering why so many indigenous desire our commodities & services more than their traditional whatevers. Yes much of the best grounds they lived on have been taken from them & the compensation they received was only adequate in the settlers views. The indigenous did get the short end of the stick. They also did that to each other. One thing is for sure, they did not live in Nirvana.
Their record in caring if they had one has not been evident to me in over 30 years. Perhaps I've lived among different indigenous people to those who cared the longest.
Posted by individual, Friday, 14 September 2012 7:10:35 PM
individual quote..""Coastal tribes..would unquestionably have fared much better than the desert dwellers.""

thats so sad..you seem to believe that..recall the 'pureblood tassie'origonie..got genocided..the last 50 attended by 6 docters..on a baren island..lets fasce it..they came by boat..

where they landed they depleted resourses..impregnated woman/raped young gin..took their fish..tra,mpled over their fish traps

in short where the red coats went..water was poluted..emptied/controled..if you recall good ol usa..near kill off the bison..just top starve the natives to death[its like you never heard of joseph banks..explloration parties..that left behind small pox

usually direct off the boat..his small pox camPAIN..HE FELT was so succesfull he DECLARED terras ulious..empty land..CAUSE HE THOUGHT HE KILLED US ALL

"" The second wave of explorers found out fairly quickly that many indigenous merely existed & were constantly on the war path with other tribes.""

nbo white soldiers..find outcasts and mal content..appoint leaders/chiefs..WHEN WE DIDNT EVER HAVE "CHIEFS"..many so called elders..were decended from outcasts..of course outcasts tok revenge..on the tribe they CAST OUT FROM*..but only cause invaders wewre so clever at divide and con queer

"" It wasn't a healthy,loving society as some would have us believe.""

many old people lived over 100 years of age..they wernt poisend..by chlorinated/fleurided water..sure whitefella gives em poisend flour..but until then..death was much later

lead poisening was common..
with rapists and drunks..many themselves out-cast from ol brinie

""The indigenous did get the short end of the stick.''

quote continue
Posted by one under god, Friday, 14 September 2012 8:55:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy