The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abbott's 7:30 interview and fantasy politics > Comments

Abbott's 7:30 interview and fantasy politics : Comments

By Dominic Kelly, published 31/8/2012

The Internet brings us all together, sometimes in parallel universes.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I largely agree with the author. For most other politicians the interview would have been a disaster. For Tony Abbott however, it was very much business as usual.
Prime-minister-in-waiting? Ye gods!
Posted by GYM-FISH, Friday, 31 August 2012 9:30:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's called "confirmation bias". We all do it. Even me sometimes :).
Posted by Martin N, Friday, 31 August 2012 9:33:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Since I'm a non-Twitterer, whatever reactions, either 'over' or 'under' of Twitterers, is unknown. Dominic Kelly appears to take them as representing the majority of people. Kelly's statement that "some of Abbott's more outrageous statements were challenged by Sales" hits precisely on the head the reason why I found the interview so satisfying. I've watched for years now as reporters, commentators, bloggers, people from all media satirise, show disdain, make a mockery of Abbott, his statements, confusions and untruths, leaving the matters which should be their focus untouched. At last he was taken on by an incisive mind which challenged his waffling and left him naked before us. It was analogous to a QC/SC stripping away falsity and baring the essence. Thanks, Leigh Sales.
Posted by carol83, Friday, 31 August 2012 11:45:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where are the comments from Tony Abbotts OLO followers, the silence is deafing !
Posted by Kipp, Friday, 31 August 2012 6:07:26 PM
I totally agree that Leigh Sales did a great job and it's a shame such good quality interviewing is so rare.

But as Dominic said, many of Abott's side of politics 'probably saw a completely different performance.'

Question is 'why would this be so?' Is it because they will agree with any tactic that might give them what they want, which is for climate change, taxes etc to go away. These things are an inconvenience and a nuisance - they detract from maximizing our own income and prestige - so we just want politicians that will repeal them?
Posted by Roses1, Friday, 31 August 2012 6:38:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What Mr Abbott says and what Tony Abbott does can be two entirely different things.
As we know Mr Abbott is likely to say anything at any time, even telling the Chinese how to run their affairs. The man is a one man band, he wants to handle all portfolios.
Mr Abbott and Mr Howard are bosom buddies. I think that could be left alone.
The golden years, work choices, It's all been kicked around, straight off the hip.
It's policy on the run, made by one person.
Is this good for AU.
Posted by 579, Saturday, 1 September 2012 9:02:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy