The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In defence of marriage not pursuit of homosexuals > Comments

In defence of marriage not pursuit of homosexuals : Comments

By Lachlan Dunjey, published 17/5/2012

Doctors for the Family can be pro-marriage without being anti-gay.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
Runner, what don't you understand about Jesus' clear reference to divorce?

Remember this from verse three, before your selective quote:

Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

If "The one who can accept this should accept it" then it follows that "The one who cannot accept this should not accept it."

But all of this is irrelevant to the specifics of the article – but I'm confident that such misrepresentation was behind its motives.
Posted by WmTrevor, Saturday, 19 May 2012 7:59:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
WmTrevor

'Remember this from verse three, before your selective quote:'

v3 does not nothing to negate the fact that Jesus explains what the original intention of marrigae was by quoting from Genesis.

Twist all you want but I again put it their for you to read. I suspect you deliberately ignored its intention because you were to quick to think you caught me out.

' For this cause a man shall leave father and mother and shall cling to his wife, and the two of them shall be one flesh? '

cling to his wife in case you missed it again
Posted by runner, Saturday, 19 May 2012 11:31:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No twisting on my part, runner, and I neither want nor need to…

I suspect you deliberately ignored the intention of the passage because you had to - seeing as how Jesus was talking about heterosexual divorce.

Please just let us know for future reference if every verse in the Bible is available for literal use, personal interpretation and without context.

Nothing about same-sex unions – and remember, only "The one who can accept this should accept it" in case you missed it again.
Posted by WmTrevor, Sunday, 20 May 2012 7:42:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy