The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The people smugglers > Comments

The people smugglers : Comments

By Marilyn Shepherd, published 15/5/2012

The Australian government is so determined to make a point that it jails under-aged Indonesian deck hands as 'people smugglers'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
As the Perth Chief Justice stated in March: it is risible to call it people smuggling".
And I find it risible to see my tax dollar wasted on the chief justice & the lawyers. I also find it risible that our own get less attention.
We must help people in need nothing is more obvious but for crying out loud half a million for each ?
Who are the real illegals here ? Australian authorities that's who.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 17 May 2012 5:31:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ali Jasmin is finally going home thanks mostly to Hamish McDonald who had the guts to look behind the lies and advocate for the children.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Thursday, 17 May 2012 6:56:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To help exploit children for an ulterior motive is as bad as not helping them. Don't know what I'm on about ? Go to Europe & see for yourself.
By helping those children you're destroying our children's' future. Short-term feel good causes long-term strife. Do-gooders just can't see that. You must ask yourself whose children's future you're more concerned about.
Ask yourself if your compassion is is not discriminatory towards your own in a few years time.. It gets to me too seeing those poor little wretches being used as bargaining tools.
We know it's bad, no need to convince us, tell the fanatics over there. Wouldn't it make more sense to stop the nonsense over there rather than bring it here ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 17 May 2012 9:39:17 PM
Ali Jasmin is finally going home but I wonder what Gillard and co. would have thought if the child had been murdered in Albany prison based on dodgy psuedo science that has been disused all over the world.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Friday, 18 May 2012 6:44:58 PM
What the fashionable compassion brigade has to realise that once the gates are open we won't be able to shut them again.
Presently, we get refugees from Somalia, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan & several other places. Next will be other african countries, Middle east, or Mexico or whatever country has Dictators lining up. We simply can not keep taking in people in that manner. doesn't the australian way of life mean anything to the intake advocates ? Or perhaps they have no contact with the people who come here so it's easy for them to play compassionate missionary. Don't think the australian lifestyle will get better by so much intake.
Posted by individual, Friday, 18 May 2012 6:45:02 PM
Individual we get refugee applicants from Peru, all over Europe and the middle east, we get them from every corner of the globe already.

the thing is though that those who come by sea are genuine in the main while those who fly are in the main frauds.

So we punish the genuine and ignore the frauds.

What a stupid country.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Friday, 18 May 2012 6:47:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy