The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine - flag flies, UNESCO cries, legality dies > Comments

Palestine - flag flies, UNESCO cries, legality dies : Comments

By David Singer, published 9/1/2012

UNESCO's decision to admit Palestine as a member has consequences for UNESCO.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
# To csteele

In my book UNESCO'S silence indicates it has no argument to my claim -nor can it otherwise justify the legality of its decision.

The easiest way to make me go away is surely to give me good reason to do so - not to remain silent and allow my claim to remain unanswered.

You at least had a try - unconvincing as it is. Yet UNESCO with its huge bureaucracy - including a large legal department - has not put forward anyone to challenge my claim.

Is that how UNESCO should behave?

Given that funding of 22% of UNESCO'S budget has now disappeared - but could be reinstated if a review of the Palestine decision led to its reversal - why does UNESCO continue to stick its head in the sand and not take action to review the lawfulness of Palestine's admission to UNESCO?

Those tens of millions of people world-wide who will see UNESCO programs - aimed at improving and prolonging their lives - being cut or abandoned - should be asking UNESCO the same question.

So should you - if you care for those who are affected .

Think again.

You can sign the petition here:
http://www.change.org/petitions/unesco-review-palestines-unconstitutional-membershi
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 17 January 2012 3:31:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy