The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Social and legal demands of victims of abuse > Comments

Social and legal demands of victims of abuse : Comments

By Jennifer Wilson, published 2/12/2011

The case of ‘Angela’ and the Tasmanian DPP

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Susi writes
'It doesn't always follow that having married parents will 'save' you from such a fate...' No but it reduces drastically the chance of being abused.

579 writes

'Religion twists the mind, it doesn't allow for rational thinking'
Actually you demonstrate otherwise.

Catcus asks

'Runner? Do you condone the actions of your be-loved bretheran?. '

No I don 't condone Christians or god deniers acting in abominable practices. I am glad that you finally agree in absolutes.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 4 December 2011 6:56:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Look runner, I'll clean my words up a bit with, ( there's good and evil in all of us:) There:)...its all better:) Iam sorry, but when ever I hear the words " victim "...an avalanche of thoughts just overwhelms me from the religious treatment I was.....I JUST cant go on:( ( pass victim myself of much which is considered a victim just for where I was born or what part of QLD I ended up in, which doesn't mean all morons are morons:)...Hello Hervey Bay:)....Sorry:) private joke:) Runner...some of the religious people in Hervey Bay actually take there eyes off the road "with children in the cars with them" and its all just to show their dislike to my posts:)

Yes Runner, your people that believe in the great all-mighty are taking there eyes off the road and in-dangering other road users just to show me how small these country minded drop-kicks are by doing this in-sane act.

"Social and legal demands of victims of abuse"......some of you don't know the haft of it:)

But of course this a fictional story:)...or is it?

To some of the Hervey Bay people, your behaviours is being monitored and now all of Australia now knows what a bunch of w...kers some of you are:).......but taking your eyes off the road while your driving....tis,tis,tis.....now the world knows your bunch of idiots.

This is just what people are like Runner....I hope you don't do the same:)

I'll be posting videos of these offenders soon:P....

Maybe Hervey Bay people, I'll tell the rest of the world how in the frist 4 weeks of coming to Queensland, that my 6 year old girl was molested by one of you, go on, you want to tell everyone about the miss treatment my family has endured by some of you;)....go on...make my day, and lets take it to court:)

But to the good people of Heavey Bay, From my family....I wish you all the best:)

Merry-Xmas.

CACTUS
Posted by Cactus..2, Sunday, 4 December 2011 7:14:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...You refuse to engage me in debate, you know your argument is “misandry-passé”, In the above quote sectioned, …#we are not blinded by our outrage against these men#….Well, speak for yourself please. I, as many other unsuspecting males believe that, when prostitution was decriminalised, the legal right for men/women to avail themselves of the services of prostitution, is a perfectly legitimate and legal activity now.

...In the case of “Angela” Justice has been served on the offenders of child abuse, and are serving lengthy jail sentences: Both now serving sentences in the vicinity of ten years in prison.
None of the men availing themselves of the services of prostitution offered by “Angela” have been presented as paedophiles. They are simple victims of the inadvertent need for the services of a prostitute, advertised in the classified pages of the “Hobart Mercury”, where she was “masquerading” as an eighteen year old prostitute.

...Since now, Governments appear so disinterested in the consequences of child prostitution, very little evidence is available, through lack of funding, to allow critical analysis to determine effective solutions to the problems of the “Angelas” in society, since little research is available to specify the true extent of the problem.
Jennifer, if you wish to ply the “blame-game”, keep it honest. It is NOT the male users of a legal and legitimate service, advertised freely in ALL local newspapers, offering the unsolicited services of prostitutes, but lack of Government accountability, that forms the problem here.

...It is only the Government with the power to change the law, and it did, across all states: Just as homosexuality is now legal, so too is prostitution legal. Same rules Jennifer. So obviously you are unhappy with the fall-out in this case!
Surely even you can see the difficulty created for the judiciary of the entire country, by the legal mess which is the “sex industry”.

Cont:
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 4 December 2011 9:31:04 PM
cont:

…And to conclude, here is a headline from the weekend “Australian” to nail the point: “Seoul, Canberra clash on sex trade”.
In the interesting article, South Korean officials want to send prosecutors to Australia to help investigate “large-scale prostitution rings” operating in Australia. In South Korea, prostitution is illegal, but our liberal view dictates, it is a “human-right” for young Korean women to enter Australia on a “working holiday visa” and engage in prostitution in our brothels.

...If it wasn’t for grossness of men and their insatiable need for the sexual services of a women, all this messy sex business would disappear, do you think Jennifer?
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 4 December 2011 9:31:18 PM
Diver Dan, I can't find anywhere in my article where I blame any man who availed himself of the sexual services advertised by "Angela's" pimps.

The article wasn't about defending these customers either. Neither was it a rant against the sex industry.

Perhaps this explains why I haven't responded to your demands that I respond to issues I didn't write about.
Jennifer.
Posted by briar rose, Monday, 5 December 2011 7:17:11 AM
diver dan, I'd suggest reading a few other articles by Jennifer (and some of her posts) then have a think about your take on her writings.

Jennifer isn't one of that group of writers who's theme is the evils of male sexuality. More often than not it's on the problems with the writings of those who do find male sexuality ever so distasteful (or those determined to see a rape scene in any depiction of female sexuality).

Take some time, read some of Jennifer's other articles, then read this one again.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 5 December 2011 7:19:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy