The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > All bi myself > Comments

All bi myself : Comments

By Rose Cooper, published 22/8/2011

Does anyone who is not bisexual understand what bisexuality is?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Rose,

Whilst feeling that the polarisation between gay and straight has left the "bi" community stranded in the middle, the fight for "gay" rights is really a battle between Orthodoxy and openness. If this battle is won, then the freedoms gained will also come to those of other persuasions.

I also had a somewhat disreputable acquaintance that claimed to be "buy" sexual.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 22 August 2011 8:19:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Then is is the tri-sexual.Try anything once.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 22 August 2011 8:48:08 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Obviously Rose is one of the morally loose woman in our society, without any sense of loyalty or boundary. Her statement identifies her.

"To me, being bi isn't about sex at all. It's knowing that I am capable of falling under the spell of any adult of any age, race or gender. So what if the sum-total of my sexual experiences with women represents a fraction of my hetero ones - they all count!"

These sort of relationships introduce the subject of multiple wives and place men on a higher plane of inequality as tribal head.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 22 August 2011 9:33:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe there is a scale for human sexuality, a semicircle. 0 degrees is straight, 90 degrees, bi, and 180 degrees, gay. Very few of us rest at 0 or 180 degrees but rather fall somewhere around the scale. If many were honest with themselves they would be hovering somewhere either side of the 90 degree mark.
Posted by Sparkyq, Monday, 22 August 2011 9:33:46 AM
The only response I have to bisexuality is amazement at the fact that anyone who has suffered through the expensive, emotionally damaging and tedious process of getting someone of one sex to go to bed with them should want to turn around and go through it all again with someone from the other.

If I was devastatingly attractive to both women and men I would happily pick the best of both as my partners. But most of us, alas, have to focus all our energies if we want to achieve even moderate success. It's simply easier to concentrate on one sex than to try and encompass both.

Bisexuality is too much like boasting.
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 22 August 2011 11:35:07 AM
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12497#215995

Sparkyq, have you personally interviewed 100% of our population to come up with that conclusion?

i have moved in a wide variety of social circles all my life, have always had employment in meeting people jobs & my experience would be completely different.

The majority of people are by a long shot heterosexual, whereas many homosexuals are in fact bi & some where on your scale.

Furthermore how much of this is caused by closet communist ANTI social conditioning since 1955, when this evil book was published http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eros_and_Civilization bear in mind this book was written by a communist as the cold war was warming up for the specific purpose of manufacturing moral & ethical DE generation in western society/culture.

Here is the next logical step in the process being pushed by the UN, coming to a school near you http://www.henrymakow.com/uns_planned_pedophilia.html how many of you consider this a good idea?
Posted by Formersnag, Monday, 22 August 2011 11:40:06 AM
...More drivel from another depraved “monk of bonk”. Where is the self respect?

...Formersnag: Thanks for the links!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 22 August 2011 12:15:49 PM
Cry me a river man.

Everybody knows what bisexuality is. Most people are bisexual to some degree.

Sounds to me like you're not pleading for people to accept who you are, you're pleading 'look at me look at me', and 'I'm special'. People looking to be accepted don't scream from the rooftops, they just don't make a big deal about their sexual preferences like 99% of the population. Admit it, you like people to notice you and you really are like the Only Gay in the Village character looking for attention.

If other people want to keep their 5/10/20% bisexuality in the closet or for special spontaneous expereinces in their lives who are YOU to tell them they should apply YOUR labels for YOU to feel better about yourself.

Get over yourself.

It might surprise and upset you to know nobody really cares what you want to define yourself as.

PS: That true test of lesbianism idea is because girls are happy to toungue kiss each other to tease or turn on males or just for the fun of it, but not as many will eat a full on fur burger. Guys on the other hand are so conditioned to never show any gayness that you wont see such behaviour, and I think if a guy is gay enough to try gay sex, against all that social taboo, it's likely that it's the taboo that's the main thing that's been holding him back ie; He's raving homo conditioned by society against his true colours. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Most people I reckon range around the 90/10 percentage mix, and if they identify as straight what's the problem. If you drink coke 95% of the time but have drunk a few Pepsis in your life and you say you're a coke drinker I reckon that's eminently reasonable.

Yeah that coke/pepsi analogy is about as important as the whole topic really is! Sorry if that doesn't make you feel unique or special enough, and lacks the necessary drama.

Those bi-cola people are so marginalised, oh the humanity!
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 22 August 2011 2:23:38 PM
Formersnag,
Are you really suggesting that no gay or bisexual people existed until 1955 when a book was written deliberately in order to turn Western society into moral degenerates?

I suspect that both groups were around well before 1955 and will be around for a long time yet to come.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 23 August 2011 1:15:03 AM
Rose, I'm perhaps a little less inclined than Monsieur Houllebecq to believe in the infalliability of other people... I often think that for well-educated people who have a high level of self-awareness and self-assuredness it becomes easy to lose a sense of value over the process of reaching that state. However it is something that everyone needs to go through if they are to make the best of their lives, and I applaud you for putting your thoughts into writing - as to do so makes another little contribution to demystifying the human animal.

It's quite interesting to have it pointed out that it is still difficult for bisexual people to find acceptance because it probably wouldn’t occur to me or to most of the people I know that this problem existed. I suppose my take on sexuality as an identity marker is that this whole phenomenon has come about as a result of people wanting to stand up for themselves in the face of opposition. Now that that opposition's waning somewhat it seems like it becomes less and less necessary to stand up or differentiate oneself. Upshot is that sexuality is starting to lose its legitimacy as a basis for identity. People understand each other in much more complex ways these days.

And yet these cultures keep getting perpetuated. Perhaps this is partly because G,L,B, and T people tend to hang around each other and form unified social circles which have no need to look outside of themselves much – and so those on the outside continue to recognise their distinctness. But you’re right to point out that there is still opposition and ignorance in some quarters. It’s not true that everyone knows what bisexuality is. You won't find much traction in the mainstream media for example, because it’s still dominated by people in a state of anxiety over anything that's different from them. But then the only reason it's mainstream is because a lot of people follow it. But you don't have to. And so the question is, what's wrong with turning your back on those who do?
Posted by Sam Jandwich, Tuesday, 23 August 2011 12:43:40 PM
[cont]

I think it's important to learn to let go of the people who aren't capable of coming with you. Education does go some way to changing some people’s minds. But I just think there are some people who'll never change, for reasons that are their own, and instead of butting your head against the wall trying to get them to accept you, I think it would be more useful for you to throw up your hands and realise that they are the ones with the problem – and be prepared to fight them when they get in your way. That’s what politics is all about!
Posted by Sam Jandwich, Tuesday, 23 August 2011 12:44:31 PM
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=12497#216092

wobbles, don't be ridiculous, of course there were "some" GLBT people around before 1955, but the % of population was smaller then, DE generacy has been growing exponentially ever since, precisely because closet communists wanted to sabotage our society/culture.
Posted by Formersnag, Tuesday, 23 August 2011 1:17:10 PM
Formersnag,

Given that prior to 1955 homosexuality was illegal, the number of persons "out of the closet" was smaller. Assuming that the number of homosexuals was lower is just bad maths.

The 1 in 10 figure however, is an exaggeration. More accurate surveys indicate that it is less than 1 in 20.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 23 August 2011 1:22:10 PM
Cut out the intellectualisation crap.
Basically and honestly it is no different to a form of betting at the TAB where you can have an each way bet.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Tuesday, 23 August 2011 1:47:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback. It is as polemic as I have come to expect from OLO. I gratefully accept and appreciate the support (thanks Sam - great name, btw) and am bemused by the dissent and flippant skepticism. The only think I can say in response to those who would presume me to be either disloyal or a degenerate, my husband would be only too pleased to set you straight(no pun intended)on both counts - and he knows me better than anyone. My article was about my capacity to pair-bond with either gender, it was not expounding the virtues of living in parallel sexual relationships with both sexes. This was the very myth I was hoping to dispell and yet, people want so desperately to link bisexuality with duplicity. Me thinks people doth protest (and project) way too much. :)
Posted by Rose C, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 2:17:06 PM
Look,guys,what's the problem here?
There are men living with women even as I speak...and that's ok if they are married.It is still ok if they are not.
There are women living with men even as this blog goes out ...and there are women living with women also. So WHAT. If they should choose to go one step further and get married in any way they choose we shouldnt stand in their way. It isnt our business but theirs. Why make it an issue.
It's nobody's bloody business but theirs. Butt out. Let people get on with their lives.
More important than all this bickering is love. Why does it rattle anyone how it is given and found.
Get away and find something else to do.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 7:56:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy