The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Czechmated into irrelevance > Comments

Czechmated into irrelevance : Comments

By Thom Woodroofe, published 15/8/2011

Was the Czech President's visit to Australia simply a money-making stage show? And what does his country think about it?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Oh, I am just so glad I didn't dismiss this article out of hand!
This is yet another warped academic thinker who flies by faith rather than by facts.
Claus is very well qualified to speak of life under communism. He may have been influenced by Lysenkoism - is certainly aware of that fiasco.
Criticise Lord Monckton, whose father was a Lord as well, because he does not follow the faith.
The facts are that we were assured of so many FACTS twenty five years ago and none of them have come to be proved by real measurement.
So this author, having no facts to prove that humans are warming the planet at an alarming rate falls back on the usual green argument. Attack the man, not the ball. In Canada, the greens are attacking Prof Tim Ball, typical green modus operandi.
Prove that humans are overheating the planet and I'll certainly examine your hypothesis.
Continue with attacking those of us who don't believe and you'll get further responses/
Posted by phoenix94, Monday, 15 August 2011 9:03:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a load of codswallop. I was privileged to attend the Brisbane lunch sponsored by IPA and the Mannkal Foundation and to hear an excellent talk by a great man. Would that we had more politicians of his calibre in this country and on the world stage. The room was packed and he received a standing ovation - but not a mention in the media.

John McRobert
Posted by John McRobert, Monday, 15 August 2011 10:08:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Robo deniers are out in force again.
One of the the organizations that welcomed this deluded man is its self a right wing BAU denialist front. Connected with the heartland institute. In 2009 the Mannkal Economic foundation was a co-sponsor of the Heartland Institute's 2009 conference for climate change skeptics.

They do not give up trying to change white to black and continually flood the Internet with their pathetic attempts to challenge the science and the facts that are before their eyes.
I know that some of them are the products of vested interests that are aimed at continuing their polluting industries for the foreseeable future in search of more profits but some of them and that includes this idiot and the phony “lord” Monkton, are obviously deranged.
Posted by sarnian, Monday, 15 August 2011 10:32:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This article immediately had me thinking in technicolor.

The colour that came to mind is green. I wonder why?

Well, when you think about it, green is the colour we paint the young & silly. The new chum who must be watched, as he doesn't know enough to avoid hurting himself.

Then we have the political movement. This is filled by people who have a a lot to learn. The type of people who sit on the branch they are cutting off the tree. It takes quite a few impacts with reality for them to wise up, & move on.

Then we use it to colour envy. It could be envy of wisdom gained from a tough life. Idealists tend to this, before they learn the facts of life. We usually try to be kind to these, provided they are not too rude, & full of themselves, as we expect they will grow out of the affliction.

More often it is envy of those who have done something with their life. It could be great sportsmen, the rich, entertainers, or leaders, among others, & is usually displayed by those who all ready know they, themselves, will never amount to anything.

Perhaps someone could suggest why this bloke comes coloured green to me.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 15 August 2011 11:16:33 AM
You do realise, I hope, that the office of President in Czechoslovakia is a figurehead position, like that of our own dear Governor-General? All he has waiting for him at home is dreary ceremonial duties, so it's not surprising if he wants to keep himself usefully occupied and spread his talents around a bit. After all, Our Quentin hasn't shown any aversion to a bit of globetrotting at the taxpayers' expense:

http://www.news.com.au/national/governor-general-quentin-bryces-africa-trip-cost-700000/story-e6frfkvr-1225791918139

The difference, of course, is that Klaus has something useful and important to say.
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 15 August 2011 12:58:49 PM
What a poisonous little rant by a jumped up leftie who spends 200 days a year traveling, "jet setting" his bio reads around the world .. at someone else's expense?

This person questions someone who says greenie lefties are hypocrites .. yes, I can see how the Czech president upsets him, drawing attention to his hypocrisy.

His line "But just why has no-one questioned the veracity of his visit as a sitting head of state?" is just the usual sleazy and nasty leftie fabrication as the President was traveling as a private person, and anyone who invested so much time in finding out about him, would know. Deceipt by omission is alive and well in leftie camps.

Regardless, these unkind little "attack the man" tirades just underline and reinforce the vacuous nature of AGW believers and lefties generally who are quick to attack anyone who disagrees.

The author even attacks others who come to Australia, a free country, with differing views, and I'm sure, when he's in charge, will stop this sort of behavior and only allow "correct thinking people" to come here .. we all look forward to that time.

For those who try to denigrate people by questioning their funding, I don't see you questioning who funds Al Gore when he comes here, the AYCC children's crusade who have nebulous link to groups in the USA which they REFUSE to disclose .. who also receive taxpayer largesse, why is that?

Are you only concerned with one person or groups funding? Why not all, or is questioning the "correct thinking people" not acceptable.

Anyway, this is just more fuel for the general perception that the greenie left is bankrupt of deep thought and all it has left is diatribe.
Posted by Amicus, Monday, 15 August 2011 1:06:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy