The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The invasion of Australia – official, at last > Comments

The invasion of Australia – official, at last : Comments

By John Pilger, published 4/7/2011

The City of Sydney has officially decided that the 'European arrival' in Australia was in fact an 'invasion'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
Gosh, this has it all: white invasion, 'crypto-fascist', 'holocaust deniers', 'incestuous political and media elite', 'colonial wars', 'apartheid'.

It's like having your ear chewed off by some would-be-radical lefty in the student union bar all over again.
Posted by Clownfish, Monday, 4 July 2011 10:33:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
John Pilger AND the Sydney City Council!

Says it all really.
Posted by Aspley, Monday, 4 July 2011 10:41:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I like to invade Nelson bay at Easter every year and commit genocide on the fish. Later after a short holocaust and abuse of their rights I have some prawns and lobster.

If John can abuse the English language, why can't I?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 4 July 2011 11:02:57 AM
Thanks John,
Love your work.

Thanks to Sydney Council for your final validation of a fact.

Being black in the country is always an awkward feeling,
especially when government finally acknowledge what we have always known...
Always was, is and will be black land.

Truth and justice,
Posted by 2deadly, Monday, 4 July 2011 11:07:59 AM
I read the comments in response to this piece and I understand better what John Pilger is about. They are still colonials through and through. Greed. Selfishness. Nothing has changed. Sometimes I am ashamed to be Australian.
Posted by Shadyoasis, Monday, 4 July 2011 11:08:10 AM
Shadyoasis

Me too. Some on OLO actually argue that Australia is a "white" country and whites are in danger of being becoming extinct. Go figure.
Posted by Ammonite, Monday, 4 July 2011 11:23:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy