The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The fallacy of 'Retreat' for Coastal Zone Management > Comments

The fallacy of 'Retreat' for Coastal Zone Management : Comments

By Roger Welch, published 29/6/2011

The climate change ideologues have with a ‘science’ best understood by them, seized an agenda, and forced through legislation, which now threatens the homes and lifestyles of many Australians.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Sorry Fester, that should have been julianutter - obviously.

Now I have done my post limit, again, I think I will leave it at that.
Posted by bonmot, Monday, 4 July 2011 8:08:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You may be right about nutter & I joining up bonmot, at least we would both have our bullsh1t detectors switched on & working. One of the first things that happens crossing oceans in a small yacht is that the bull all washes overboard in the first gale. No room for things that don’t work.

It would do most global warmers a great deal of good to go to sea, single handed, in yacht. There is no place for unproven theories. If something doesn’t work it just may kill you, so you get a bit ruthless with any sort of rubbish, & the detection senses become highly tuned to waffle.

It becomes like a sixth sense. You can see that which may be a nice idea, but just won’t stand up when the chips are down. You should try it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 5 July 2011 12:21:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bonmot

There you go again. Distortion.

The issue isn't climate changing. The Royal Navy definition implies climate is always changing. With that I agree ... it will always be either warming or cooling.

And of course with averages over 30 years in a cumulative analysis if you have a cool year following 30 warm years of course the average will show cooling. There's that simple logic again. But you have a problem with that though don't you?

You 'warmist rump' and your consensual scientists did get your message across loudly and clearly. It's just that you 'warmist rump' are now backsliding and asserting the unpredicted freezing weather and flooding rains are the result of global warming. Sadly for you none of your consensual scientists has ever published, or is likely to publish, any peer reviewed material supporting your assertion.

What I disagree with is where you 'warmist rump' and your consensual scientists only ever predicted warming, (Until of course the weather didn't oblige) and that we would suffer eternal drought and probably we'd eventually starve and/or fry.
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 5 July 2011 12:48:47 PM
Hasbeen,

Yes after my first ocean solo, I came back a changed man. There really is something about challenging yourself in an unforgiving enviroment.

I've found a simple recognition and an unspoken respect among solo sailors.

It's the warmist ascossiation I've ever experienced.

Which reminds me, Bonmot I'd dare you to compare our enviromental footprints. You as a land ensconsed ecomaniac and me as a live aboard cruising yachtsman. You'd look a hell'va lot less than committed.
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 5 July 2011 1:01:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy