The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Selling off the farm? > Comments

Selling off the farm? : Comments

By Mike Pope, published 23/6/2011

China has been buying-up Australian farming land and mines. Does this represent a national problem?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I have concerns about the selling off of Australian Land,and our utilities. What will the effect and cost be to Australia in the long term?

Australian Utility companies (ESSENTUAL SERVICES) sold to foreign investors. Since the sale the price's have continually increased!
Apart from the initial sale where the government made money. It is my understanding the only money the government gets now is the G.S.T. this may explain why the government refuses to regulate and control the price we are forced to pay as they now rely on the G.S.T.

Australian companies which once were owned by Australian. To name some but not limited to; Kraft, Sanitarian foods, Hienze, Australia government owned telephone service, etcetera, sold to foreign investors.
Some of the companies re-locating of shore and at the cost of Australian men and women's jobs.

As you have stated Foreigned owned Australian companies, farms and now the mines contribute nothing financial to the Australian people or the government apart from the workers taxation.

How many foreign workers have and will be imported into Australia to work at the foreign owned investments? Again at the cost of Australian men and womens Jobs?

In the long term Australia will totally be owned by foreign governments, especially the Chinese Government.

What then Will their laws replace ours? Will their customs, relidion and traditions have priority over ours?

As I recall prior to the WORLD WAR 2 Japan infiltrated many South Pacificate with their military people posing as civillian workers.

Many of the Pacific Countries were captured quickly by the Japanese as soon as they declared war.

What guarantee do we have that this won't happen again? Especially with the mass of Muslem Refugees entering Australia. Their religious beliefs, culture and traditions are total opposite to ours.
They are allready attempting to have Moslem law included in with our laws.

The Australian government is considering relocating many of our defence forces to Western Australia and the Northern Territory. our greates threats are from countries closer to that side of Australia! Mostly Muselem Countries! Why I ask. Do they know something we dont?
Posted by gypsy, Thursday, 23 June 2011 12:46:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I know that it is a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway.

When the government moves to restrict foreign investment in Australia, will they at the same restrict Australian investment overseas?

Are we now resigned to the fact that we are such a right little, tight little island, that we don't need the rest of the world, thank you so much for coming?

Some people simply won't be happy until we close the doors, hunker down in our humpies and tell each other stories of how horrid foreigners are, and how we are just so lucky to be Strayan.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 23 June 2011 2:17:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles try buying land or a mine in China then get back to us
Posted by Kenny, Thursday, 23 June 2011 2:31:29 PM
Pericles, I am a passoinate and loyal Australian. As I posted earlier my concerns about where Australia is heading and the end results and what they may be.
I am concerned about the lively hood and freedoms of future generations of Australians.
I don't know your age but I do know mine, which is drawing to an end.
For 6 decades on this planet earth and in Australia I have never seen it deteriate has it has been doing in the last 2 decades.
Most of my spare time is used in researching and alarms are ringing.
Our governments no longer serve the people, this is evident when you watch them sell Australia to foreign governments and investors.
At the rate its going we the people will have nothing. We will be enslaved by foreign powers.
Take note of Kenny's comment which I agree with. Try and invest in land or mines in China. I'm curious as to the answer you would get.
I dont know if you are aware that the Commonwealth Government of Australia is a Registered Corporation on the USA Securities and Exchange Commission. Their number is 000 080 5157 and ABN 122 104 616
As you can see I research.
Cheers
Posted by gypsy, Thursday, 23 June 2011 4:36:14 PM
“TWO of the biggest and most established sugar mills in north Queensland are set to pass into foreign ownership.

Proserpine was sold yesterday to a Singapore company and Tully looks as though it will be sold to Chinese interests.

Sucrogen [now foreign owned] produces about half Australia's raw sugar supply and owns four mills in the Burdekin region near Ayr, two in the Herbert region near Ingham, and Plane Mill south of Mackay.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/AustralianFinancialMarkets/pg/0/fi308212.htm

Once someone owns the sugar mills, they can control the sugar cane farmers, and more than 50% of the sugar mills are now foreign owned.

It is important because sugar cane grows on flat land with high levels of sunshine and rainfall.

In that regards, it is some of the most important ground in Australia, and now so much is being controlled directly or indirectly by foreign companies.
Posted by vanna, Thursday, 23 June 2011 6:43:40 PM
The selling off of the farms is exactly why the small Aussie townships are dying, the smaller farms are being dismantled to be made into hugh farming envelopes with minimal manning and most probably with imported staff on a rotational basis back to their own country when their visa runs out.

The government makes it as hard as possible to buy a farm and build a house on it that most give up in anguish, I know I just jumped through all the hoops and it WAS draining on the psyche.
When these big corporations or government organisations buy they buy 4 or 5 properties then they strip the fences out and only require a couple of sheds that dont require certification.

The less properties that are distrubited over our country the less population.

Does the FIRB or the local or state or federal governments think about the actual consequences for all involved or is it strictly money?
Posted by MickC, Thursday, 23 June 2011 8:14:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy