The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Family Law Act: too little, too late > Comments

Family Law Act: too little, too late : Comments

By Patricia Merkin, published 7/12/2010

It is likely that child protective amendments to the Family Law Act will be significantly watered down for political motives.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. 35
  9. Page 36
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. 39
  13. 40
  14. 41
  15. 42
  16. All
Unique

Why is it dirty for father's groups to complain about money? A range of political groups are interested in the income of their members. None are robbed blind in the same way as child support payers. I also believe that money is a major motivation in these heated debates about custody with their underhanded tactics.
Posted by benk, Tuesday, 4 January 2011 7:56:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
benk, I believe WAU was quoting cotter or one of the other Mother's Rights drones.
Posted by Antiseptic, Tuesday, 4 January 2011 8:03:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
well said 'septic. Thats twice in the last few days! Chazp and cotter and that woman from Queensland do infact represent the murkier end of Family Law - the cases and kids who were in danger prior to separation, and after, who are often being screwed on the altar of bigotry in the family court. They are NOT against shared parenting per se, just make sure it's safe first for those 5% of cases where its a problem. Psychologically, mentally, physically, sexually and dare I say it, financially. And any attempt by any of them to clear the waters of some of the murk being sprayed around here gets too many of you back on the 'but she dun me wrong' what about me track.

Why does we are unique, (like - isn't everyone?) chop and change between occassional (basic strategy), tedious homily and downright vitriol, who (what's a nice way of saying...brown nosing) ganging up with the MR women-haters here is apparently Ok but calling Chasp and Cotter and me 'a team' as if any association of similar ideas must be torn apart.

God, WAN, next you'll be calling us a political party, doing all that lobbying, 'n stuff. (age of right to speak was part of the 2006 submission) It's great you've been around for a whole year now, and I can see your newness bothers you. I cant decide whether you are Sue price or john Aster with spellcheck. As for psychos and sociopaths, do they change for the better? I dont have pet psycho in my personal past, but I'm pretty sure now they dont just go away after separation.

Bye now kiddies.

Oh 'septic, if you see toddlers on a beach in bikinis on very hot days, with their daddies, can you suggest they get might get them sun-safe cover-ups, hats and sunblock. it's one of those safety things
Posted by Jacksun, Tuesday, 4 January 2011 1:35:27 PM
It is dirty for father’s groups to complain about money because they use dirty tactics, i.e. they lie about the real situation eg. “None are robbed blind in the same way as child support payers.” Lying is a dirty tactic.
Father’s groups also make sheer mendacious claims that blame their victims eg. “money is a major motivation in these heated debates about custody with their underhanded tactics.” Blaming the victim is a typical manouver and was well demonstrated by the Nazis and their mentality that blamed the Jews wholesale for the German ills.

If father’s groups were truly concerned about fatherless children their target for change would NOT be the Family Law Act and child support.
It is after all "child" + "support".
Posted by happy, Tuesday, 4 January 2011 1:47:37 PM
Now, sit back and watch the personal attacks.
Posted by happy, Tuesday, 4 January 2011 1:49:16 PM
Happy

Why don't you believe that child support payments ae excessive?

Are mothers victims of anything in particular, or is victimhood just something that all women ae entitled to?
Posted by benk, Tuesday, 4 January 2011 3:56:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. 35
  9. Page 36
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. 39