The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Licensed to smoke > Comments

Licensed to smoke : Comments

By Michael Lardelli, published 26/11/2010

How a different approach could make all the difference to Australian nicotine addicts.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
OUG, <"*THATS FAR FROM*ADDING UP TO*
''18,000 Australians""
OUG, you have no idea what you are talking about!
The diseased organs above were removed from LIVE patients, to try and save their lives!
They may or may not have been part of the eventual 18,000 that are said to have died as a result of smoking.

But hey, these statistics could all just be part of a conspiracy to make smokers give up...just to annoy them.

As for my families medical problems, well I didn't think you really cared about them so much OUG. So here it is- although I wish it wasn't so:
My grandmother developed nicotine poisoning at age 65. Her legs swelled and were discoloured yellow. She then developed liver failure due to the poisons in her body, and died.

But you never know, maybe she got the nicotine some other way.

My grandfather spent the last five smoking years of his life gasping to death from emphysema, sucking on oxygen tubing that didn't ease his pain or fear of suffocating to death at all.

He died a disgusting death that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy, and we cared for him at home until the day he died- with a terrible look of fear in his eyes.
All the doctors said it was caused by smoking- no other reason.

They could all be wrong of course- but I didn't smoke because I didn't want to take that chance...
Posted by suzeonline, Tuesday, 30 November 2010 2:17:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
there is no use blaming smoking...alone

The list of known triggers..is long and varied. ...causes of emphysema are industrial pollutants,aerosol sprays,risk factors like cigarette smoking,air pollution,..asthma,...long-term exposure to other lung irritants, such as air pollution, chemical fumes, or dust.

Read more at http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/e/emphysema/causes.htm?ktrack=kcplink

as for your grandmother and nicoteen poisening
i have no comment

you are free to believe anything you chose
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/e/emphysema/causes.htm
WrongDiagnosis.comCauses of Emphysema including triggers, hidden medical causes of ... This condition is known as alpha 1-antitrypsin (AAT) deficiency-related emphysema. ...
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=emphysema%2Cknown+causes&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

i chose to smoke
now stay out of my life

none of the males of my family make it much over 50
im the oldest male in my line

they loved booze

if you love booze
then please wake up..to the dangers of drinking

and leave us smokers..out of your guilt trips

i never made your grandma eat ciggie butts
nor gave your grandfather emphasema

i can only dream of getting as old as them
and a smoke relaxes me...[stops me from minding others business]

i payed my tax
now leave me be

the medical numbers indicate that none of the 18,000
[or very few..get any help from you lot]
so why tax us into our early graves..

because fear-monger's.. like you lot..guilt people into it

whining to me..about me
aint going to bring grandma ..nor grandad back

genetical facters are involved..re emphasema
so you should be carefull..with THE OTHER RISK FACTERS

you might not smoke
but do you breath dust...or other polutants
think about it..i refuse to think about it further

have a nice life
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 30 November 2010 4:09:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Regrets from choices are not something we should seek to save adults from or look down on them for later, although we refuse them the choice of how to die with doing good as a collective motto.

Objecting to a smell in this world is amusing and quickly becomes confused with compassion for others.

We’ve all had a fat unfit relative who while smoking a packet of tax loaded cigarettes got drunk and grabbed their gun before getting in their carbon emitting vehicle as they were trying to fill their meth pipe to speed towards a fast food outlet then had to swerve to avoid a jay walking doctor on his way to receive his bonus from a local drug manufacturer and hit a power poll which caused the gun in their pocket to go off that in turn gave them a fright and they promptly had a heart attack and died.

This clearly shows that smoking is indeed an evil in this world and needs to be stopped, although the path of good intentions appears to be rather crowded.
Posted by Lilith, Tuesday, 30 November 2010 4:26:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The smoking disease. Its funny you know....you just try to help some people and they bite your head off.

Now don't people get up-set when they cant quit. Some even go into theatricals and shocking shame blames and off to the leper colony's they go....with a little puff of steam or smoke in this case, rising from their heads.

Carbon Monoxide Levels

Responses to CO levels

0-8 ppm

Nonsmoker

20 ppm

Loss of oxygen to vital organs begins

35 ppm

Legal limit of 8-hour exposure in workplace

50 ppm

Urban "Air Pollution Emergency" alert

60 ppm

Headaches, nausea, mild central nervous system dysfunction and lots more facts.....which begs the question.........why do it?

http://tinyurl.com/28fx2f9

http://tinyurl.com/2a8g77y

I wonder if some would have the same opinion when cigs get to the price of $25.00 a packet?

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Tuesday, 30 November 2010 9:13:20 PM
OUG, if you didn't want me to comment on your smoking habit, why on earth did you bring it up?

This is an online opinion website, and if you mention you smoke, on a thread discussing smoking, then you must surely expect people to comment on that?

I just get upset with caring for people with preventable diseases caused by smoking, that our governments allow to keep happening because of the money from the taxes.

I don't blame the smokers. They have an addiction.

It is honestly nothing personal OUG, although you did ask me about my personal life.

And yes, I truly do hope you have a nice life.
Posted by suzeonline, Wednesday, 1 December 2010 12:04:20 AM
OUG just don't want to come clean with himself here and admit
that he's an addict who can't quit.

Fair enough, its pretty hard to fight with brain chemstry at times,
harder then non smokers will ever understand.

But that is the reality. OUG, just come clean, admit it.
Posted by Yabby, Friday, 3 December 2010 2:44:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy