The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Another divisive referendum out of tune with national thinking > Comments

Another divisive referendum out of tune with national thinking : Comments

By John Stone, published 23/11/2010

Do we really need a constitutional referendum to 'recognise the special place of our first peoples'?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
putting..the debate back on one page

rob..quote<<..OUG you raised that page here>>
ie..this page
he wrote..above quote^..here

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=4109&page=0

continue..quote..rob..
<<..with accusations..of racism against others.>

so lets look at that comment

funny enough..the same i rebutted..

[as reading confusingly...with john INSERTIONS..
assertions..mixed throughout]

he makes this read..LIKE a conclusion..of the.."bringing_them_home/report

but note how HE..and THEE
use it

quoting..thee..<<..'The.."violence-racked,..female-oppressive,..sexually predatory cultures"..are examples of what goes wrong..when people loose hope and respect..for themselves and their communities..>>

.recalling..your other quote..<<that comment leaves me looking a bit harder.>>

i will hold that..your of the same mind
as you were..before reading/quoting..your favourite line

ie john was feeding you..stuff you loved..
confirming a thing you allready believe

that was my main point
he wrote that specificly..
for the majority of yes men..who relied..

*affirming..your own..preconcieved bias

robert/quote..from
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=4109&page=
<<I'm guessing you don't see it that way.>>

<<You now chose..to interpret my acknowledging a previous agreement
with the general thrust of what the piece is about..as accepting a portion of the piece which I'd singled out for criticism.>>

NOTE he quoted..from this*topic

my words..<<.."basiclly..you kill off the leaders.
re-educate..their children>>...etc

heck do your own research

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=bosnia+genocide+methodology&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

to repeat your own words ..back at ya
<<Is that deliberate misrepresentation..of what I'm saying
or..do you really not get it?>>

ok..lets keep..this..to
the one PAGE..[this page]
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 24 November 2010 8:03:05 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ONE under GOD makes the most sence regards this issue. There is too much RACISM against our darkies and the Constitution should be fixed.
Posted by Huggins, Wednesday, 24 November 2010 8:36:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think, Huggins, that you are trying to have a lend of us :) OUG's contributions border on the imbecilic and I suspect that he/she is far better educated than he/she makes out, what with the exaggeratedly poor spelling and all.

I've knocked around Indigenous affairs for more than forty years now and I've seen a multitude of panaceas come and go - land rights, self-determination, a treaty, a representative body, reconciliation, sorry, stolen generation, and now constitutional something - all supposed to solve all problems at a single stroke.

What if, instead, we put all of the notions of silver bullets on the back burner, CLOSE THE GAP in all relevant fields, health, education, housing, employment, etc. and THEN - from a position of genuine equal rights - start talking about constitutional recognition, etc.? I'm sick and tired of symbolic crap which might do wonders for the careers of Indigenous hacks and show ponies and a self-appointed elite, but very little (or worse) for ordinary Indigenous people.

For example, the people themselves are closing the gap, no thanks to the elites: commencements and enrolments at universities are at record levels - 12 % more commencements than ever before, 10 % better enrolments than ever before, 12 % more students in full-degree courses than ever before. The equivalent of about 1.2 age-groups are currently enrolled, and this year the equivalent of 20 % of the 24-year-old age-group will graduate, around four a day on average.

The gap CAN be closed, and the people will do it themselves, while the elites (and their minders) are poncing around on committees and at conferences lamenting the sad state of Indigenous affairs. The people will do something about it, and kiss their elites goodbye - that is certainly my fond hope. I don't know if that is a Left or a Right position to take, but I certainly consider the elites no help to the process.

Joe Lane
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 25 November 2010 2:04:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy