The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Just shoot me? > Comments

Just shoot me? : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 21/10/2005

Irfan Yusuf argues under the new anti-terrorism laws those with strange names or slightly darker skin will be the first suspects.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. All
What did I learn from my trip to Germany?

I lived amongst the Germans for about 1 year, and actually became engaged to a young lady there. Her father planning to immigrate, and wanting to know if I was the right person to marry his daughter and have the lot (house, etc) decided he was going to test me out. Where else but in a pub. And, I generally do not drink alcohol, as I prefer coffee. I was no match to this man, and so used my wits to get him to talk. He was drinking, and I was listening. His mates joined in, and every time I was given a pot, I nicely moved it over to one of his mates. They talked about the war, how they were forced to do things or face deportation themselves, if they were lucky enough not to be shot, and how it wrecked their lives. The ongoing nightmares they had from these killings. Sure, there were some who proudly announced how they slowly killed enemy soldiers with their bare hands, but then, I heard similar stories about the Dutch adventures after WWII in Indonesia doing the same!
We lasted until deep in the night in the pub and finally I had to take my future father-in-law home. The next day he announced that I was accepted.
I never forgot the girls of my dreams but held that while I had learned the hardship of the other side and what they had to go through, I could not see myself to be married and having to participate in possible future pub get-togethers considering the number of my family members having been killed. We parted as friends!
I feel no resentment towards the Germans, I lived there for about a year, and later served in the NATO at the “IRON-CURTAIN”, but it is another thing to have this in a family environment.
I understand that what they told me about how Hitler came to power, and this appears to me now to be replayed in Australia!
We didn’t learn any lesson of WWII.
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Thursday, 3 November 2005 3:44:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am totally opposed to the detention of anyone without DUE PROCESS OF LAW and without judicial determination.

The police have currently ample of powers to arrest anyone who may in their view be involved in a criminal event. However, they cannot secretly keep a person from family, friends and legal representation as they require to follow the rules of law.

As Aaron pointed out in his example, if he was to be detained and lost his job, then it would serve him no good, and neither would have served the general public.
All we would do in that event is to create the likely hood that some person wronged and perhaps lost everything (Due to nonpaying of mortgage due to detention, etc) may also turn to revenge and join the brigade of suicide bombers, etc.

It is nonsense to argue that a change of a word in legislation, that was already on the books for so long could possibly be the difference between life and death. Our “intelligence” services with their WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION have spend their credibility.
Now we are to have them to dictate Parliament what upon their (distorted) intelligence (obviously directed to the political views of the Government of the Day) they are to legislate. If one word could make the difference, then why was this not attended to while it was being argued for 18 months, instead of this sudden urgency?
Why then rush through about 1200 pages of Industrial Relations documentation without proper time to peruse it? After all, if one word makes such a difference then 1200 pages should be properly considered. Our representatives denied even to have each a copy of the very bill they are to vote upon! To me, this is legislation by gunboat diplomacy, so to say!

The UK with all its legislation could not prevent its bombings, because no amount of legislation can ultimately defeat a terrorist. Not police versus general community, but police combined with the general community will more succeed to prevent criminal plans to be executed without the need of draconic anti terrorist laws.
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Thursday, 3 November 2005 3:47:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka,
You may be attempting to drum up hysteria over innocent people being secretly imprisoned or loosing their employment, but no one is listening. David Hicks is of white Anglo-Saxon appearance, and a most likely suspect; being an accomplice of violence against Australian troups. It is the likes of him that such intelligence will be gathered. Anyone who has spent time overseas in Philipines, Indonesia, Pakistan among Muslim training camps will be the focus of these laws. Persons not associating with such persons who are going about their everday life will not be under any suspicion.

At the rate of your protests against these laws you might raise some level of suvelliance, in case you have association with such suspects. Calm down, and stay away from outspoken Muslims against Western Culture.
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 3 November 2005 9:48:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here we had this extraordinary rush to push legislation through both Houses of Parliament and in the evening obtain Royal assent, and the question many lawyers ought to ask any client who may have had his place invaded subsequently by ASIO and/or Australian Federal Police is what time did it occur, and on what date.
Now, say for argument sake that the police were waiting upon the Governor-General to give Royal assent so then the could immediately put the new legislation in working they might just have overlooked that the giving of Royal assent itself does not validate the legislation a bit.
Indeed, protesters in the Albert Park demonstration in Victoria, when then charged with trespassing, found all charges to be dismissed because the essential requirement to turn a Bill into legal enforceable legislation is not the giving of Royal assent but in fact the publication of it in the Gazette. And, the Gazette must then be available for sale over the counter to the general public!
This is why after 4 years, I am still having this protracted litigation as the Gazette containing the proclamation had not been published in the Gazette until the earliest on 9 October 2001 in Canberra and as late as 22 October 2001 in Tasmania. As such, the writs issued on 8 October 2001 were ULTRA VIRES!
The same error occurred with the sacking of the Withlam government where the proclamation was read of the steps of Parliament House and then Malcolm Fraser was appointed as interim Prime Minister. No one seemed to realize that the sacking would not be valid until after the proclamation had been published in the Gazette and had been made available for sale over the counter to the General Public.
No one can act upon any Proclamation unless and until after the Gazette containing the proclamation is published.
Reading a proclamation from the steps of Parliament House was a worthless exercise!
If after more then 100 years they still do not even master a proper system to validate legislation, then it is well overdue they learn it.
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Saturday, 5 November 2005 4:50:08 PM
I am afraid of your confidence in our Justice system; we would have a greater chance of seeing pigs fly in battle before our Justice system does any justice, surly that is Orwellian.

Posted by All-, Wednesday, 2 November 2005 3:25:50 PM

On 17 November 2005 I was twice convicted by a magistrate for “FAILING TO VOTE”, with the magistrate making clear he was not going to give me a reason of judgment.
I appealed the convictions successfully, even having published on 6-7-2006 my latest book that also included my entire case before the Court;

INSPECTOR-RIKATI® & What is the -Australian way of life- really?
A book on CD on Australians political, religious & other rights
ISBN 978-0-9751760-2-3 was ISBN 0-9751760-2-1

Then used this subsequently as evidence for my appeals on 19 July 2006.

It must be made clear, that each and every constitutional issue and other legal issues I raised were and remained unchallenged by the lawyers acting for the Federal Government –despite a 5 year long legal battle, including;

*Australian citizenship is not a nationality as we are and remain British nationals.
*The Commonwealth of Australia has no constitutional powers to define/declare citizenship.
*Section 245 of the CEA1918 us unconstitutional as the Framers of the Constitution specifically refused in April 1897 to give any legislative powers to make enrolment and voting compulsory. The 1915 planned referendum to give the Commonwealth of Australia legislative powers to make voting compulsory was then aborted!
*The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 is unconstitutional.
*Religious objection to vote includes secular objection to vote.
*The purported 10 November 2001 federal election was unconstitutional and was therefore NULL AND VOID, hence no one was then elected, neither John Howard.
*The purported 2004 federal election was unconstitutional and hence NULL AND VOID
*The Australia Act 1986 is unconstitutional.
*Etc, etc, etc,

Considering that I used about 650 MB of material on the CD, comprehensively backing up each and every constitutional and other legal argument it was therefore plain that unless the Government lawyers could defeat each and every issue I raised they had to loose the case.
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Saturday, 3 February 2007 2:01:48 AM
AND FURTHER;

I belief in JUSTICE and despite a 5-year legal battle succeeded in the end in totality!

Now, I am campaigning for John Howard and his cohorts to be charged. The rule of law must be enforced against politicians also!

The road to JUSTICE might be extremely hard and with untold obstacle courses but I for one persisted in the fight of JUSTICE, also because to many people relied upon me that when they contemplated suicide/murder I always made clear that the way to go was to pursue JUSTICE through the Courts.

While John Howard may continue to parade as being the Prime Minister, and others may hang on ignoring the Court having allowed my appeals (unchallenged), I am in the mean time collecting more material so as to eventually pursue those who committed criminal activities.

See also my website www.schorel-hlavka.com.

In November 2005 I wrote “AUSTRALIA IS BURNING” and in December we had the riots in NSW.
Lets not kid ourselves, Australia is, so to say, on a powder keg and it is merely a matter of time before it all blows up in our face, unless we take appropriate action before hand.
Our youth grows up learning it is all right to lie, as politicians show the example time and again. We have politicians involved in the worts atrocities committed in Iraq. We have prisoners held by the military occupation of the Coalition of the Willing (Including Australia) handing over prisoners to be executed, this, despite that Australia is against the death penalty.
Now Australians abroad facing death penalties may be executed as we lost any moral stand to oppose the death penalty.

For our kid’s sake, lets reverse this trend and hold politicians and judges accountable for their criminal or other illegal conduct.

It wasn’t that “Pigs fly” but simply that because I was smart enough to publish a book just before the Appeals were due to be heard, they could not burry it!

It is sad that JUSTICE is hard to obtain, but I proved it can be done!
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Saturday, 3 February 2007 2:04:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy