The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Just how green are The Greens? > Comments

Just how green are The Greens? : Comments

By Mark Poynter, published 13/10/2010

The Greens’ forests agenda is set to undermine effective climate action.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
"Bob Il-Brown, and Lee-Jong Rihannon", Clownfish is this some reference to North Korea? No I don't known Bob Brown and Lee Rhiannon although I have a brief introduction to both. As you know Bob Brown has stamped himself as one of the greats of Australian politics. I am of the opinion that Lee Rhiannon should be the next federal leader, but Bob will be there for a little while yet, working tirelessly for Australia and all its wonderful people.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 21 October 2010 11:56:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Decades ago lots of decent people were members of the CPA , very few were consciously Stalinist , Mr Arons did rather reveal the interesting background of 'lee'.
I know a few green voters , decent well meaning , but often narrow, they support the party because of a particular issue that animates them or out of a sincere but rather sentimental concern for ' environment' -something that is a long way from where they live.
The greens (the party) have a lot of policy's that have nothing to do with caring for the environment.
Posted by pedestrian, Thursday, 21 October 2010 12:36:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"The greens (the party) have a lot of policy's that have nothing to do with caring for the environment."
Pedestrian I would hope so. The Greens are a broad based party with detailed policy on a wide range of issues, health education etc,etc, as important as the environment is it is not the be all and end all. One issue parties will always get 1 to 2% of the vote but that's all they will ever get. If its a local government election and you ask a Greens candidate "Where do stand on local garbage services?" and he answers "Save the rain forest" then don't vote for him or her.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 21 October 2010 1:06:38 PM
And many of the 'non environment' policy's are interesting.
Often economically literate , some times bad and/or totally unworkable.
The greens desire to enforce compulsory collective management costs upon Australia's artists and to retrospectively impose the resale royalty upon art purchased decades ago is a small example - it is simply, constitutionally, not on. The reason for this authoritarian draconian nonsense is in your party's words: 'to guarantee the viability of the collective management'.

I note that you prefer not to answer the little matter of 'Lee's' attitude to the invasion of Czechoslovakia.
Posted by pedestrian, Thursday, 21 October 2010 1:20:18 PM
Pedestrian, I think the Greens have put Lee's past into the Memory Hole.
Posted by Clownfish, Thursday, 21 October 2010 8:08:23 PM
Speaking of her actions as a 17 year old high school student.
Lee Rhiannon said:
"I did not support the invasion of Czechoslovakia." end of story.

Rather than try to dig up some dirt on Lee lets see where the war mongers of the ALP and Liberal Party of Australia stand. They stand accused, as lackey's of America, of sending tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children to their deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan not in 1968 but today, yes today in 2010. Their cowardly leaders, safe in Canberra, might not pull the trigger but they are as guilty as those that do. No one in the Greens has 'blood on their hands' but plenty in the Labor and Liberal parties do.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 22 October 2010 8:40:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy