The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Moving forward to same sex marriage > Comments

Moving forward to same sex marriage : Comments

By Jennifer Wilson, published 11/8/2010

For Gillard infertile heterosexuals have better rights than gays.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Proxy, your post callously reminded me that my dog turned down my proposal of marriage. How could you make me revisit that hurt?
Posted by McReal, Friday, 13 August 2010 8:05:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lol, McReal :)

Proxy,
Are dogs and children able to give informed consent, enter into a contract and sign?

Also, I kindly ask you to go back to my post in where I said -for your, Runner’s, AgiR’s, and diver dan’s edification- that there have been sufficient anti-gay advocates, who have been caught-out with homosexual prostitutes or lovers. You don’t have to take my word for it; google this topic and you will find examples.

So, the statement that Rhys made is based on evidence. He didn’t make it up, as you are suggesting. You need to accept that the ones who protest the loudest might have some issues with their own sexuality.

Briar Rose,
Control freaks, indeed! They need to get a life and live and let live.

Stern,
>>I might have a salacious desire concerning a particular lady but
That does not give me a right to “jump“ her
We have to consider her rights and so too we have to reflect on the effects on a child, being raised in “abnormal” circumstances.<<

Exactly. But this does not apply to same-sex marriage, which is consensual between two adults, who love each other.

As I asked (in general) in an earlier post, perhaps people can provide links to studies that confirm that children raised by same-sex parents are doing worse than those, who are raised by heterosexual parents.
The studies that I have come across indicate that these children do as well or even better than those of heterosexual couples.

The initial physical ‘equipment’ that is used to create children has no connection with the parenting abilities that couples have.
Very fertile couples could be violent criminals.

There are also children born to married couples who are blind, deaf, or disabled. Because these circumstances could, according to your definition of normal, also be called abnormal circumstances.

I find it hard to accept that even violent criminals can get married in jail (just because their ‘equipment’ is compatible), but law-abiding, loving homosexual couples do not have that choice.
I recall: http://tinyurl.com/289nxgx
Posted by Celivia, Friday, 13 August 2010 8:28:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>> ""... the ones who protest the loudest ....""
Celivia, Friday, 13 August 2010 8:28:19 PM

People reject popular opinions if they already hold opposing views ...

>> people grow more confident in some beliefs when they find out later that a majority of people disagree with them.

“It may be that you feel proud because you were able to disprove, in your own mind, an opinion that most people have accepted,” said Richard Petty, co-author of the study and professor of psychology at Ohio State University.

“You actually become doubly sure you were right.” <<

http://scienceblog.com/37123/people-reject-popular-opinions-if-they-already-hold-opposing-views-study-finds/
Posted by McReal, Saturday, 14 August 2010 9:03:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy