The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sticks and stones > Comments

Sticks and stones : Comments

By Dannielle Miller, published 7/7/2010

Comments that target a woman for how she looks, rather than her ideas, are designed just to shut her up.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Severin,

I'm telling you about my emotional response to your post. I daresay it was brought on by your tone.

When you got snakey with Benk I thought it best to let you know that others read you as Benk did.

Do what you will with that. May I suggest a moment's introspection.

And give credit where it's due, I managed not to hypothesise (out loud) about your appearance.
Posted by hugoagogo, Thursday, 8 July 2010 12:17:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dannielle,

You are so beautiful, so gorgeous, your skin, your figure, your perfect boobs and all, that I just adore you forever and ever, prostrate myself at thy feet and accept without questioning all your ideas and presentations - past, present and future, as the absolute truth.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 8 July 2010 3:45:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Severin

"There is a world of difference between confidence and arrogance."

So you've never judged someone as arrogant when other people have judged them as confident?

CJ

I have issues with the self esteem movement. They set people up to fail, discourage self improvement and perpetuate over prorective attitudes towards women. I consider my looks average. Its important to have a self concept that is positive, but realistic.
Posted by benk, Thursday, 8 July 2010 7:01:43 PM
"Its important to have a self concept that is positive, but realistic."

Yet it is best to not have a self concept at all. We are neither positive nor negative, we just are, so simple and evident. Esteem or contempt can affect a concept, but neither can affect the reality of what we are, so why reduce ourselves into concepts in the first place?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 8 July 2010 7:38:22 PM
Yabby would you have said the same about all the male PMs over the past?

Few women I know, whether it be in the workplace or socially, ever find the time, or have been bothered, to pass negative comments about physical attributes regarding males PMs, males in general or the spotlight.

I love different features in a person's face and body; whether it be protruding teeth, a crooked nose, pointy long nose, DIMPLES and FRECKLES Yabby. The more genetic or unusual features accompanying a person's wonderful personality; the more attracted I am to that person in getting to know them.

Some individuals expressing degradation of another's physical appearance are generally unhappy with their own attributes, ie their own nose; conscious of their own nose or a family relative's nose, for instance their mother's nose. This type of degradation may come from a childhood experience or experiences. Work is best carried out in that area to make that person feel more secure about their own nose.

For instance, take ownership of your nose and stare at it in the mirror daily, saying and believing "I love my beautiful and unique nose that I was blessed to smell and use" x 10 times per day Yabby. Within weeks I guarantee you will LOVE your beautiful nose and that of the PM's!!

After all, some people do not have a nose, particularly in third world countries, born without one, or disfigured, and/or many people around the world unable to use this wonderful sense God gave them.
Posted by we are unique, Friday, 9 July 2010 12:17:28 AM
Benk & hugoagogo

You are incapable of intelligent discussion and now are simply trolling.

'nuff said.
Posted by Severin, Friday, 9 July 2010 10:55:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy