The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Atheistic and Christian faiths - a contest of delusions? > Comments

Atheistic and Christian faiths - a contest of delusions? : Comments

By Rowan Forster, published 15/3/2010

It's legitimate to ask what and where are the atheistic equivalents of Christian welfare agencies.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. 39
  13. All
Didn't I here somewhere from the Bible, "God is in everyone?"
There you go, my Subconscious Mind belief.
Are Christians responsible for Global Warming?
In a mere 2000 years, the Population of the World has increased at least 10 fold. When Jesus is said to have remarked, "go forth and multiply,” I doubt if he meant as human destroyers of the Earth.

Be a realist and worship Nature or the World will be "ONE BIG EASTER ISLAND." What a perversity!
Posted by Sherkahn, Monday, 15 March 2010 10:27:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Didn't I here somewhere from the Bible, "God is in everyone?"
There you go, my Subconscious Mind belief.
Are Christians responsible for Global Warming?
In a mere 2000 years, the Population of the World has increased at least 10 fold. When Jesus is said to have remarked, "go forth and multiply,” I doubt if he meant as human destroyers of the Earth.

Be a realist and worship Nature or the whole World will become "ONE BIG EASTER ISLAND."
What a perversity!
Posted by Sherkahn, Monday, 15 March 2010 10:32:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Saying that atheism is a religion would be like saying that 2500 atheists would get together in Melbourne to cheer their high priests, encourage one another in their beliefs and congratulate themselves on being superior to everyone else. How ridiculous....

I just love the irony of these protests. And if it's all such obvious nonsense, why the need to react with such offense and vitriol?

Obviously the article doesn't prove God exists, but given the over the top claims about Christianity poisoning everything, atheists can hardly protest when Christians want to set the record straight.
Posted by APR, Monday, 15 March 2010 10:33:16 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
there is nothing at all rational about atheism. One Professor rightly says that scientist are prepared to bend their observations to fit in with there theories when it comes to evolution. Atheism is nothing short of god denial by people who use pseudo science as an excuse to deny the obvious. This is far from rational and is a blind faith. God could not help but to laugh at such pathetic attempts to explain His existence away.
Posted by runner, Monday, 15 March 2010 10:34:50 AM
The idea that Religion and Atheism have things in common because their both cannot prove through reason the existence or non existence of God is only superficially attractive.

The substantial difference is the supposed causal power of deities against the causal power of material and non material entities, not the unprovable existence or non existence of deities.

Atheists can prove beyond any doubt that in a material sense deities do not have causal power. Gods can move the mind of people but not make planes take off, buildings stand, engines run etc... On the other hand, Atheists can discover and harness the natural laws of nature for the benefit of mankind.

Atheists are materialist, religious people are spiritualist, and that is not the same thing.
Posted by Bruno 57, Monday, 15 March 2010 10:39:04 AM
Q: Who were the twentieth Century's greatest individual philanthropists?

A: Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Andrew Carnegie and Nelson D Rockefeller

Q: What were the religious affiliations of these people?

A: Rockefeller was a Protestant. The other three had no connection with religion, and in fact declared themselves to be atheist.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 15 March 2010 10:41:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. 39