The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Do we really need R18+ computer games? > Comments

Do we really need R18+ computer games? : Comments

By Barbara Biggins, published 16/2/2010

An R18+ classification will allow computer games with more extreme content to be sold and hired out.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
TRTL

I discovered a copy of Fear of Flying among my friend's older sister's books. I was 15, I thought the book was fantastic, imagine women choosing men in the same way men would often choose women; zipless fcuks! Quite the epiphany.
Posted by Severin, Thursday, 25 February 2010 2:09:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minster: "Blue rinsed dowager"
Shadow Minster: "The term BRD is not of my invention, and has been used for decades with similar meaning."

http://www.google.com/search?q=Blue+rinsed+dowager brings up your post here as its second hit, Shadow. You are famous! But methinks it ain't as common as you say, especially as the first hit doesn't contain the word dowager.

Blue Rinse Brigade on the other hand is a very common term. And as you say I think it accurately sums up what is happening here. I recall a similar thing happened when books reached a certain price at the start of the 20th century. There was wide spread notion it would corrupt the women. They were right of course. The most common position adopted by the women in my house is "nose in a book".

There was as much proof around that books corrupted women back then is there is that violent video games encourage violent behaviour now. But it seemed like it should be true, so that was OK then.
Posted by rstuart, Sunday, 28 February 2010 10:14:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy