The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia, Afghanistan and three unanswered questions > Comments

Australia, Afghanistan and three unanswered questions : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 11/2/2010

We should be asking the Rudd Government whether the war in Afghanistan is legal under international law.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. 35
  9. Page 36
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. 39
  13. 40
  14. 41
  15. All
Errrr... run that past me again?

>>So, is Pericles now trying to argue that the apparent complete absence of terrorists linked to 9/11 in Afghanistan is stronger confirmation that that country is where 9/11 was plotted and terrorists used in 9/11 and other attacks trained than if terrorists linked to 9/11 had been captured?<<

If I could be bothered to unravel this desperately contorted sentence, I think the answer would probably be "no". It usually is with you, daggett.

>>So is Pericles trying to tell us that whenever he "los[es] track of" his car keys that he never finds them again?<<

No. (There, you see?)

That's the point of the "But in this instance..." at the beginning of the next sentence.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother, if you're not even going to read what is written.

Do try to keep up, daggett.
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 25 April 2010 11:20:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles: <"If I am to be insulted, I would prefer the insults to be grammatical.">

Lmfao.

Sorry you two that I haven't kept up with the other thread and have arrived late at this one. This is a treasure box of reading.

Just had tears rolling along with hearty gut laughter.

You two really should work up a stage act and start charging.

This is the funniest stuff!
Posted by Pynchme, Sunday, 25 April 2010 11:41:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If Pericles were to look carefully at that sentence of which he complains, he would find that it is grammatically correct and that it follows logically from the nonsense it was in response to.

To get things back on track, when Pericles wrote:

"The absence of evidence does not provide good reason to doubt anything. In fact, to most people, it suggests the opposite - nothing to see here, move along."

... It would seem then that he is arguing that it's OK for the US to invade any country it likes even if it is unable to produce, even eight and a half years after that invasion, to produce any evidence whatsover in support of its stated reasons for invading.

I would be interested to know what Pericles would have us think is the evidence in support of the US justification for invasion.

---

So, it would seem that Pericles does find his car keys after he loses track of them, after all (as I would have thought).

So, is Pericles going to let us know when any of that $2.3 trillion in transactions which the Pentagon was unable to keep track of on 10 Sep 2001 were also found again?

And if they were not found again, could he answer my previous question of for how much longer will the the Pentagon remain unable to keep track of those transactions, before he is willing to concede that those funds have gone missing?
Posted by daggett, Monday, 26 April 2010 12:50:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're right, Pynchme - this thread is a hoot to follow.

<< If Pericles were to look carefully at that sentence of which he complains, he would find that it is grammatically correct and that it follows logically from the nonsense it was in response to. >>

daggett - don't you know that it's gramatically incorrect to use a preposition to end a sentence with?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 26 April 2010 8:21:29 AM
Don't spoil it, you guys.

>>You're right, Pynchme - this thread is a hoot to follow.<<

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 26 April 2010 8:38:00 AM
Pericles wrote, "Don't spoil it, you guys."

I'm sure that Pericles can be completely reassured that neither PynchMe nor Christopher will spoil matters for him by attempting to discuss the evidence.
Posted by daggett, Tuesday, 27 April 2010 9:44:49 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. 35
  9. Page 36
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. 39