The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia, Afghanistan and three unanswered questions > Comments

Australia, Afghanistan and three unanswered questions : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 11/2/2010

We should be asking the Rudd Government whether the war in Afghanistan is legal under international law.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. 36
  13. ...
  14. 39
  15. 40
  16. 41
  17. All
Pericels wrote, "I was really looking forward to finding out where you were going to take our discussion next."

... as if unaware that he was leading this discussion around in circles.
Posted by daggett, Wednesday, 21 April 2010 4:13:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Whoops!

I mis-spelt 'Pericles' as 'Pericels'

Perhaps I need to adopt a more phonetic spelling such as, perhaps, 'Perikleez' in order to be better able to avoid making the same mistake in future.
Posted by daggett, Thursday, 22 April 2010 9:29:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As Pericles is not one known not to be shy about showing off his foreign language skills, this would seem to be a very good first assignment for him, when he begins his new job within the New World Order's Ministry of Truth (http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=3330&page=37)

GERMAN TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN CALL ON ANGELA MERKEL TO EXPLAIN WHY THEY'RE AT WAR

German soldiers are wearing their hearts on their sleeves - in the form of a badge that protests their country's involvement in the war in Afghanistan.

Some troops have taken to wearing the cloth accessory that states - ironically - 'I fight for Merkel' in a bid to persuade the German Chancellor Angela Merkel to explain exactly what they are fighting and dying for.

Four more troops were killed, and five badly injured, in Afghanistan last week.

The Financial Times Deutschland said: 'With every dead German soldier in Afghanistan, the calls for an immediate withdrawal grow louder. This reflex shows that the German public is still not clear about the character of the mission.

'The politicians are largely to blame. Since the beginning of the mission eight years ago they suppressed a realistic description of the situation... Deaths, injuries, battles and heavy weaponry -- none of these suit the picture that was painted back then.'

The left-wing Berliner Zeitung said: 'Why are German soldiers in Afghanistan at all? As the chancellor and her government are still sticking to the military mission there it is their duty to explain it. But she has failed to do so.

'This can be explained by her basic attitude - it is only worth talking about problems when they become virulent.

'In the case of Afghanistan this is particularly catastrophic. Because the government has failed to make its case in what is the biggest foreign policy and security policy challenge in the history of the Federal Republic of Germany.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1267802/German-troops-Afghanistan-Angela-Merkel-explain-theyre-war.html
Posted by daggett, Thursday, 22 April 2010 11:04:27 AM
So, it would seem that Pericles is scratching his head trying to come up with a justification for the Afghan War.

Pssssst, Pericles.

Remember 9/11?

Why not tell them how 9/11 was launched from caves in Afghanistan and how Afghanistan is the centre of a world-wide terrorist network with terrorist cells in every country in the world? Why not tell them that if they withdraw that new 9/11's and new 7/7's will be inevitable?

Why not remind them of all those al Qaeda terrorists linked to 9/11 that they have captured in the 8 years since they occupied that hotbed of terrorism?

---

My apologies.

My last post should have started:

"As Pericles is not one known to be shy about showing off his foreign language skills, ..."

There was an extra 'not' which negated the sense of that clause.
Posted by daggett, Thursday, 22 April 2010 11:46:20 PM
I was wondering why the sudden interest in Angela Merkel.

>>So, it would seem that Pericles is scratching his head trying to come up with a justification for the Afghan War.<<

Thanks for the additional insight into your thought processes. A whole new chapter has been born. I'll call it "Butterflies in the Amazon".

But I wouldn't worry too much about this:

>>"As Pericles is not one known to be shy about showing off his foreign language skills, ..." There was an extra 'not' which negated the sense of that clause.<<

Neither version actually made any sense anyway.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 23 April 2010 6:25:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I note Pericles has, yet again, shown himself to be shy about articulating his own theory about 9/11.

It's one thing for Pericles to crawl out from beneath the rock under which he hides in order to snipe at others for offering an explanation for 9/11, but an entirely different matter when he is asked to provide his own explanation.

So, instead of responding to my substantive point, he adds yet more fluff to this discussion, no doubt, as Professor Pericles will assure us, to observe my response in his study of the conspiracist mindset.

---

A short while ago, Pericles was leading this discussion around in tortuous logical circles, shrilly demanding absolute proof that Americans would have been capable of committing the heinous crime of 9/11 against fellow Americans.

The problem was that because Americans have been pronounced by Pericles and his ilk as being above suspicion for having committed the crime of 9/11, others have been held to be guilty of that crime.

As we now know, hundreds of innocent people now known to be innocent of that crime were captured in Afghanistan and sent to Guantanamo Bay, then incarcerated, denied basic human rights and many tortured for years.

Yet, in all that time, not one of all those detainees have been charged with the crime.

Back in Afghanistan, the supposed hotbed of international terrorism in all of eight years, no-one else in Afghanistan with a proven link to 9/11 has been captured either.

And internationally, in spite of the resort to the illegal rendition and torture of hundreds of 'suspects', not one has been charged with the crime.

Clearly, any reasonable person would have concluded by now that the US has been looking in the wrong places and it is time to begin to look elsewhere if the crime is ever to be solved.
Posted by daggett, Friday, 23 April 2010 7:51:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. 36