The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fire Bugs

Fire Bugs

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
NSW is burning, and it is still spring,my recent trip to our states north was fire all the way
On returning the biggest are near me
A thirty year volunteer I never served in a brigade that did not have one suspected firebug
What are we to do with such people
Yesterday I stepped ten feet in to the ashes of a coastal fire, and found the remains of a dead snake [king brown] and a Koala, never even knew they lived in that part of the bush
A coastal heath land is burning
Out of control and not yet contained
It burns often, and always this time of year
The bush is not fully recovering, because of overuse of burns[yes know Aboriginals burned often] but not this often
After that heath land burns, every time,Christmas Bell flowers bloom, just in time to be stolen, and sold in the city to flower sellers for Christmas
What do we do about firebugs who even murder by their actions?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 30 October 2019 5:09:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there, BELLY - How are you, old chap? Anyway, despite most people not reading any of my opinions. This was the situation when I first became a policeman. Congratulations to you for your 30 years of loyal Fire Brigade.

Any person who sets a fire, without lawful excuse, knowing the likelihood, it could result in a bushfire, can be gaoled for 15 years. Any person in similar circumstances, knowing a person or persons are in the vicinity of that fire, can receive a life sentence. Moreover, again, the same circumstances, knowingly set a fire with a dwelling house nearby, can be sentenced to death.

What in hell has happened to our judiciary, with their benign penalties?

*NB: My memory of the precise wordings' of the above citations are quite rusty. However, this the approximate wording. Sufficient for this summary.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 30 October 2019 9:12:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
O sung wo, never miss reading your valued posts
But do not take part is some threads to avoid trouble
Was more than 30 years in fact but as the last 12 was in communications [ham radio operator] did not include
And brief look at bushfire NSW site fires near me, will show we are burning
Again visited my dead snake and bear on way to shop this morning
While regeneration will take place the bush will never be the same again and yes! courts let us down
Never be able to tell every story but it is clear bush fire brigades are served by the very best we have
And the very worst
Many meet their life time partner in such groups
They a way of getting in to the local community
Changes have been made, BUT still attracting some who like to look heroic, and light the fires to look just that
Murder can result
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 30 October 2019 11:03:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sunday , years ago hot and dry high fire danger
Out with the Captain , on patrol watching and hoping no fires
Captan, three hours in to patrol, *gee I am bored lets light a fire!*
Left brigade
That Captain became a group captain outside my area
Next Captain, asked me to return, happy to do that
Still working on roads call came 11pm fire threatening country houses [farms]
2.30 am, weary and looking for way to get ready for 6am work start
Woman from farm [last one with a fire] came out
*Do you know the others are lighting fires over the road*
No not controlled burning fire bugs do exist in and out of bush fire brigades
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 30 October 2019 3:13:44 PM
My words are confronting so not surprised no interest
However they are true fireS are being deliberately set and fire bugs exist
No lightning nothing yet over 50 fires, up to 70 have blackened the north coast of NSW
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 31 October 2019 4:56:21 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-30/important-koala-habitat-destroyed-in-out-of-control-bushfire/11653076
Known world wide for its Kolas far more than homes suffer in every fire
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 31 October 2019 5:14:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy