The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Latham's Arm chair

Latham's Arm chair

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Dear old Mark, his joining one nation seems aimed at getting him a comfortable armchair in the NSW upper house.
An eight year term and like all upper houses not much to do.
He once again highlights the extreme difficulty one nation has in picking a candidate, or leader for that matter, who can count without removing his/her shoes
A failure in everything he ever did he now joins a party of? failures
I do however feel a little sorry for him, if the people of NSW are silly enough to elect him, getting to sleep in that arm chair will be hard if he is near the very Reverend Fred Nile, his constant praying for the roof to fall in on the incoming ALP State government may make sleep imposable
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 8 November 2018 11:39:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The most ignorant, uneducated poster on OLO casting aspersions on fhe counting ability of One Nation! You have to laugh.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 9 November 2018 8:34:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is he still with Great Leader Hanson ? It's 9.35 am.

"Since leaving federal politics, Mr Latham has also had numerous stints as a media commentator for various outlets, but each one ended in unfortunate circumstances.

"He fell out with former Spectator magazine editor Tom Switzer, lost a column with Fairfax Media's Australian Financial Review after being outed for abusing domestic violence campaigner Rosie Batty online and was sacked by Sky News for speculating on the air about a schoolboy's sexuality. Senator Hanson said she was "so proud" Mr Latham had joined the party." oops..
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 9 November 2018 8:34:51 AM
My dislike of Mark Latham is known as is my view of one nation.
Even my dislike of all upper houses, including the senate
Queensland did away with theirs in about 1956, and has not suffered
While some reform, far from enough of the senate has taken place not so in the NSW armchair upper house.
8 year terms,Mark has almost certainly got his name on his chair, away from Freds
Surely elected governments have the right to govern?
NSW has seen both sides held to ransom by single issue parties and riff raff such as the party that breeds failures one nation.
Tell me again, I need a chuckle,why it is Democratic to have minorities, small, even micro minorities, hold elected government to ransom.
Why voters wishes run last
Do not however try to tell me this man has anything of value to contribute
Posted by Belly, Friday, 9 November 2018 8:56:51 AM
Belly,

So I guess you preferenced Lib over ALP in 2004?
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 9 November 2018 10:54:46 AM
Dear Belly,

Well, this man is certainly unpredictable. And it seems
he's determined to get back into politics. So far
whatever he's tried to tackle has not ended well for
him. I remember Mrs Whitlam warning her husband about
this man - telling her husband that Latham seemed "unstable."
She was proven to be right. Ms Hanson, I imagine will have
her hands full with him. And in the end may wonder if it was
worth bringing him into the party. Can he be trusted?
His record is not a good one.

But who knows? Nobody thought that Trump would win.
It's risky predicting anything in politics.
Ask Mr Turnbull.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 9 November 2018 11:03:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy