The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Super Saturday

Super Saturday

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. 35
  9. All
One week away 4 by elections, after the event we will all say, if we like the out comes,it is a sign of who will win next year, or is it this years? federal election, even that election will hinge on this weekends results, so who will be the winners? who will not be?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 21 July 2018 12:37:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly with Turnbull & Shorten as prospective leaders there can be no winner here. The looser is Australia & it's people.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 21 July 2018 2:44:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Much is worth our interest in these as it turns out 5 by elections, one nation, its best vote has always been Queensland, will it hold its percentage or will its results signal the death of another small party? Bill Shorten, his polling is a fact, the government is targeting him,will the polls confirm he has image problems? if so what is the long term result? or will he hold his seats, if so will the government continue to target him?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 21 July 2018 3:23:49 PM
Dear Belly,

In my opinion we would be a much better society if we
took the risk of thinking for ourselves - unhindered
by the nonsense served up by the media and self-interest
groups. In the US people can and do swap parties but in
Australia we seem to be attached like glue to either one
or the other with a growing percentage of swinging votes
(these folk win or lose elections).

More and more people are turning away from the major parties.

Could I, if the party I supported was as incompetent as the
current Coalition Government vote for another party?
You betcha!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 21 July 2018 3:34:10 PM
If Libs do bad maybe the other polies will wake up and get rid of Turnbull.

Same scenario with Shorten.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 21 July 2018 4:53:09 PM
Foxy any voter who does not think for themselves is in my view a fool, having done that, and knowing small parties remain small because they can not win the support of most, my choice is Labor, no party can be all things, the best we can hope for is the best on offer,my interest in the by election is, as always huge,will the anti Shorten stuff work? are signs I think I saw in one nations last three outings to be confirmed, think with me on a previous statement, what if one nation won government? what if the Greens did? so in my view haven proven small parties offer not much I will watch every seat but focus on Queensland, it will be telling and by the way in the year my party lost government in NSW I and about a half million other Labor voters did not vote for them, manned no ballot booth, watched no count.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 21 July 2018 5:33:27 PM
Dear Belly,

I fully understand.

Your allegiance to Labor is so ideologically attached
that I couldn't imagine you voting for anyone else.
It's why people like Shadow Minister and many
others are ready to
support the Coalition regardless.

I'm going to wait and see what the policies are and
compare, and then decide who to give my vote to.
Besides anything can happen between now and the election.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 21 July 2018 6:16:55 PM
Dear Belly,

«and knowing small parties remain small because they can not win the support of most, my choice is Labor»

You can still preference Labor, but why not first give small parties a chance?

Small parties remain small because they have no funds to get the public to understand their platform. At least you can help them to get 4% of the primary votes, so candidates can get a refund for their out-of-pocket registration fees, thus be encouraged to run again next time.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 21 July 2018 10:48:39 PM
Sydney papers again this morning have been all over these elections, this time next week all states news will be highlighting them. I noted the view of one poster that both sides are unworthy, and it glanced off without much effort, right now we seem to be looking for a movie star PM and seem unimpressed with our leaders, it could be said we ignore a truth, it is a team and policies we in the end support, too that our wants needs wishes, like followers of minor parties do not match what the nation wants,we all will be closely considering the results and how it impacts on politics in this country
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 22 July 2018 8:25:42 AM
After the by-elections, which of the successful candidates will have problems with Dual Citizenship?

The possibility lurks!!
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 22 July 2018 10:17:07 AM
Foxy promise you it is not like that in fact the party I see today needs to reform and I am its harshest critic but show me please show me, one someone with my wants and wishes could vote for, 14 percent, one nations preference in the longman by election,you will think it is over the walking ATM Hanson has preferenced her true party the LNP calling it now, she can not control her preferences and it will be a Labor win, narrow but win
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 22 July 2018 1:29:13 PM
Yuyutsu small parties remain small because voters do not want the policy they put up, no other reason, if we look, truly look, at say Italy and its huge number of governments post ww2, even the Greeks, we will see stability never comes via small interest groups, in another thread I repeatedly pointed to the state of our senate, and its ability to blackmail big parties and the majority of voters as a reason that house should be abolished, IF a true third force ever puts good policies to voters we may get a different government it will not come via minor parties in coalition
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 22 July 2018 4:50:00 PM
Dear Belly,

I'm sure that Daniel Andrews will win in Victoria.
He's a popular Premier and is doing a great job.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 22 July 2018 6:28:19 PM
This mornings polls and the news Hanson has withdrawn from campaigning one week out, make these elections even more interesting. we should not ignore polls, even those known to be not trustworthy, however we should not put too much credence on the slant some put on when reporting them, after all they are a mirror in to what voters are thinking, my prediction remains, Labor will win the Queensland seat, if however it does not the impacts on Labor will have us talking for weeks why has Hanson taken this important time off? is she ill? has she got private polling we have not seen?that too will be a subject we hear much about after these elections, I can not recall any party leader leaving like this
Posted by Belly, Monday, 23 July 2018 8:11:07 AM
Mark Latham's one nation?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 23 July 2018 12:16:18 PM
Mark Latham. Wasn't he the one who was elected and led the Labour party. Probably the best leader they had in the last 25 years eh Belly? I mean Rudd, Gillard, Shorten and now Turnbull.
Posted by runner, Monday, 23 July 2018 12:18:52 PM
Loathsom Latham rode in to the Labor leadership as a fraud, both sides have them, he fooled even himself, for a short time, maybe he did have a brain explosion,my view was he never had one, election day I set up a country booth shook hands at 5 to 8am with the country party Captain and congratulated them on a landslide victory about to come, my side young full of hope but uniformed, sent me home, bottle of Bundy helped with the pain that night,whatever Hansons reason her act is just weird, but what if Mark asked her to? just maybe yet another in a long line of failed idiots has joined the party of xenophobics?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 23 July 2018 4:16:29 PM
Dear Belly,

I remember reading that Margaret Whitlam tried to
warn her husband about Mark Latham. She found him
to be "unbalanced." And she wasn't wrong.

Latham was a former protege of Gough Whitlam.
However, Gough's wife stated that Whitlam would probably
go to his grave before Latham would ring him after
Latham lost the election. Latham did have a meltdown
as we saw and Margaret was right. Latham's behaviour
then and since can only be described as "unbalanced."
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 23 July 2018 7:02:06 PM
Its a pity Margaret Whitlam did not warn her party and Australia about the total destruction her husband would bring to Australia in such a short period of time. I am sure given a little more time Rudd and Whitlam could of totally destroyed Australia.
Posted by runner, Monday, 23 July 2018 8:53:43 PM
Whitlam removed national Service & brought in free Uni for all. Both these policies undermined our society to an unrecoverable degree & are to the detriment of all in this country.
Posted by individual, Monday, 23 July 2018 9:12:08 PM
runner - You are forgetting Dillard with her potential time-bomb the NDIS.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 2:16:48 AM
Normally I'd presume posts like the above to be an attempt at irony. But considering some of the other things they've previously said, I think they would unironically blame our present problems on our failure to keep riding on the sheep's back!
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 2:44:20 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan,
if you're including my reference to Whitlam in your reply can you please explain briefly how the removal of National Service & free Uni for all has been positive for Australia ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 6:53:27 AM
Only the letter T serpartes a Wit from a Twit, and that is all that need be said, over night it turns our Hanson is of to Ireland? in the final week of this election? those who think, see line one, she has anything to offer, must surely be concerned?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 8:27:35 AM
Aidan - please enlighten me as to what Dillard did that is noteworthy but not in a negative way for Australian taxpayers.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 10:10:37 AM
The general rule is that in by-elections the vote swings against the government by an average of 5% which is why no federal government in a century has won a seat off the opposition which is why it is so dangerous for Shorten.

If the coalition loses all the seats and the vote difference is increased, significantly, it will be a win for Labor. A maintenance of the votes in Longman and Braddon will be a small victory for the coalition, and if the coalition wins even one seat it will be a huge victory for the liberals.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 10:20:12 AM
LNP did not put itsself to the test in Perth, not running in two elections, they have Lost the SA one after trying to hand it down in the family,longman is hard, it has a conservative past, if Labor win it then Turnbull is in the ejection seat,the Victorian one if lost, or longman for that matter may see Shorten in that seat
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 12:39:55 PM
YouGov Galaxy polling published by NewsCorp on Monday
has Longman and Braddon of the five seats to be
decided on Saturday on a knife-edge.

Polling has 50-50 vote in Braddon and Labor trailing
49 to 51 in Braddon.

Should the Coalition snatch either seat, it will be the
1st time a Government has won a seat from the Opposition at
a byelection in 100 years.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 12:57:48 PM
Ooooops, sorry for my typo.

I should have said - 49 to 51 in Longman.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 12:59:10 PM
The pundits say that Labor is in big trouble. So they should be. Anybody voting for Labor candidates who lost the seats because they lied about their citizenship to get be elected in the first place must be quite stupid.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 1:20:35 PM
Come to think of it: Shorten also lied that the liars now trying to get the seats back had nothing to answer for on the matter of dual citizenship - before they were caught out for liying. ALP = Australian Liars Party.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 1:44:48 PM
Name any political parties that have not suffered
the consequences of Dual Citizenship. One Nation?
Liberals, Nationals, any?

So they're ALL Liars?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 1:50:28 PM
' Name any political parties that have not suffered
the consequences of Dual Citizenship. One Nation?
Liberals, Nationals, any?

So they're ALL Liars?'

Foxy you are finally starting to get it.

'But let God be true, and every man a liar'
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 2:03:08 PM
individual,
Removal of National Service was extremely positive for younger Australians, as it removed a terrible ordeal that could be very dangerous according to the whims of the government of the day.

Free Uni meant that lots more people could acquire the skills to do high value work.

It is really astounding that anyone would oppose these reforms at all, let alone claim them to have undermined our society to an unrecoverable degree!

If we had things your way, I would not have become an Australian citizen. Which leaves me to wonder: is that your point?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Philip S, why do you consider the costs but not the benefits?

Far from being a potentiality bomb, the NDIS is designed to make disabled people more productive so they can contribute more to society. Though the human wellbeing factors alone would IMO justify the expense of NDIS, its main significance will be the economic growth (and consequent extra tax revenue) it brings.

Nation building (whether NDIS, NBN or Gonski) costs money, but it will pay for itself in the long run.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Amazing, runner, you've actually posted the truth!
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 3:21:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No fan of Gillard, but, without her this country would never ever have had * A Royal Commision* into child abuse, CONSERVATIVES said it was not needed and did not want it!
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 4:09:10 PM
Aidan Quote "but it will pay for itself in the long run"

Rubbish NDIS will never pay for itself, tens of thousands of dollars per some people to fix home accessibility, a lot more carers, and etc are just like public servants they do not generate revenue they just suck up taxpayer money.

Then you will have the lawyers ambulance chasing, that generates wealth for them self.

Then how long before the criminals and con men come in with there scams
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 5:37:21 PM
Philip S.,

You've obviously not had to wait for a wheel-chair
or had a child with autism, or being a carer had to
seek respite, or find employment, of had to have
your front-door adjusted so that you could put a key
in the lock to allow you to go in, and the list goes
on. The cost of putting perfectly capable people
into nursing homes instead of helping live normal
lives is far greater on the taxpayer's dollars.
And is better for society all round.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 5:52:37 PM
Foxy My comment was directed to Aidan regarding his claim "but it will pay for itself in the long run". Which is rubbish and gave some reasons why.

You jump in totally off the context of the comment, can you please show me which part or parts of my comment relate to yours?
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 7:02:33 PM
Philip S,
Your "reasons why" are not genuine reasons; they're pathetic excuses!

Yes, fixing home accessibility can cost tens of thousands of dollars. But over their working lives, people will earn far more, and most will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes.

And with ambulance-chasing lawyers, you're really clutching at straws. Currently people engage them because otherwise of a perception that the money from winning a lawsuit will be the best chance at a decent quality of life. With the NDIS ensuring they'll have a decent quality of life whatever happens, it's likely to reduce the demand for lawyers.

And I'm flummoxed as to how you think con men could capitalise on the NDIS. Do you have anything in mind? Or is it just an attempt at scaremongering.

You seem to have baulked at the cost of the NDIS because of your own selfishness, and turned your brain off at that point! Well turn it back on again! You'll see that Foxy's comment is entirely relevant.

Or are you really so stupid that you'd rather put disabled people into nursing homes than have them in the workforce?
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 24 July 2018 10:06:48 PM
Aidan - Quote "Your "reasons why" are not genuine reasons; they're pathetic excuses!"

What is pathetic is your reply.

Quote "most will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes." What occupations do you base this creative figure on?

Quote "how you think con men could capitalise on the NDIS" Head buried in the sand answer Please name one Government scheme that gives money to people that has not had scammers and cons, making it easy for you just one?

Lets take 1 state Queensland as at 31 March 2018 - 14,612 people are benefiting from the NDIS Reality check the majority or a very very high percent will not get jobs that will enable them to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax as you claim, if you honestly believe they will you are delusional.

Will not bother with you last sentence it just proves your ignorance.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 12:42:31 AM
Philip S,
In what way do you think it proves my ignorance rather than yours?

>What occupations do you base this creative figure on?
I'm not basing it on any particular occupation, but on people remaining in the workforce for decades. And with wages rising, I don't see it as hard to achieve. If you do, perhaps you'd like to suggest an alternative and explain why?

>Please name one Government scheme that gives money to people that has not had scammers and cons, making it easy for you just one?
That's a fair point. I'd thought the NDIS, being more focussed on service provision, would be a lot harder to fiddle than most government schemes, but I concede it could happen.

> Reality check the majority or a very very high percent will not get jobs that will enable them to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax as you claim
That's not a reality check, that's conjecture. What assumptions are you making about wages, hours, and years in the workforce?
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 2:58:20 AM
Pot calling the kettle black? maybe it is, but my spell in the paddock has changed me, wandered around failed disgusion sites and then found facebook, nothing came near this place, well maybe facebook, in relation to insulting each other only,why do we do it? I do it? we all do, why? we will not push our point down each others throats we are too fixed in our own thoughts for that, yes just a couple seem to come to insult, anyone, but mostly we are better than that, why do we do it?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 8:08:25 AM
I dearly hope that the Labor ad portraying One Nation as a burnt out old car here on OLO backfires just like a clapped-out old Holden.
Fancy one of the most incompetent & expensive to us all political parties making a mockery out of integrity. I can only think of this ad being a result of a lack of integrity within labor.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 25 July 2018 7:36:18 PM
Aidan - Very political reply, the answers you give when you have no answers.

To pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes, even over years they would need high paying jobs, what are they?

To give some idea of the amount needed Quote "Once the NDIS is fully operational it will be one of the biggest government-funded programs after Medicare."

Quote "being more focussed on service provision, would be a lot harder to fiddle than" That will make it easier so many claims coming in there is no way they can check even a small percentage properly.

Quote "That's not a reality check, that's conjecture." Take your head out of the sand just admit you are wrong.

We have high unemployment now, plus what up to 180,000 new migrants, increased use of robots and artificial intelligence.

Please enlighten me where are these jobs are coming from, the majority probably never worked before add to that the minimum wage now around $719.20 a week. Especially with this figure "Approximately 460,000 people will participate in the NDIS across Australia by 2020. "

Forgot to add the high cost of the public servants who will process things and there very highly paid senior public servants, gee how many will they need to look after 460,000 people?
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 26 July 2018 12:34:59 AM
individual! congratulations! it seems a vote for one nation will keep boat people away, it keeps Pauline on a boat and away, on a luxury tour, the question must be did her boss Turnbull give her permission to take leave?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 26 July 2018 8:00:12 AM
Nobody should heed the 'experts', with their constant babble about how no government has won a by-election in a hundred years, or whatever. Politics is no longer predictable, and if the government does lose, it will be because voters, not windbags, make the decision.

Both leader are already sounding negative so that they will look better if they are the winners. Neither leaders or their parties are fit to hold office. Shorten has no credentials for the job whatever, and Turnbull's only asset is that he is not Bill Shorten. There is not a lot of hope for Australia.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 26 July 2018 11:50:23 AM
Well Belly if a vote for one nation will not keep boat people away, a vote for Labor will most certainly get them coming again. This is about the only possible reason to vote for Turnbull.

Aiden.
A case study.

I supplied quite a bit of water/energy saving equipment to Queensland hospitals. Logan hospital with a new badly designed & built large extension, & problems with the water supply, required help. I regularly had to visit the engineer, & as he was suffering breakdowns & failures, he was often late for appointments, which left me sitting in the reception area.

At the time the Queensland government of which ever flavour at the time, was having a drive to help disabled into work. They had 5 staff including 2 wheelchair bound ladies in reception, an area probably deemed suitable for them to do something useful.

Well they sure got that wrong. After quite a bit of time, with visits over a year or more observing this pantomime I did not ever see either of those 2 ladies do anything but get in some ones way. Well they regularly required one of the other ladies to leave reception, to return some minutes with a couple of cups of tea for our disabled ladies.

Fast forward some years, I spent a few visits to Logan Hospital, & found a different set up. Reception was now a larger area, but was staffed by only one lady. She handled the enquiries quite easily alone. Gone were the disabled so called workers, & the other 2 ladies, there it appeared to mind the disabled.

Continued.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 26 July 2018 12:03:35 PM
Continued.

They were probably still there, being disruptive, but this was now hidden away from the public, who like me may have got annoyed at the waste. Why the hell you would employ unproductive disabled, leaving possibly productive able bodied unemployed I really can't imaging. Well if you want to waste tax payers funds I suppose you would. If someone is going to be unemployed, much better it be the least able to be useful.

NDIS was a vicious action by Gillard. A booby trap left for the Collation to try to sort, & to punish the abled bodied population who failed to love her. That woman was very cunning, & will be getting her own back on us for a decade or more.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 26 July 2018 12:04:42 PM
Hasbeen see you find it convenient to overlook it was the last Labor government that set up the offshore concentration camps, they did so for two reasons, they KNEW/KNOW voters demand an end to the boats, and YOUR side stopped the Malaysian solution, for two reasons, *they knew it would work, stop the boats and flow of would be refugees to our northern neighbors* and to use the refugees to *frighten* the under informed, by now a billion dollars would have been saved in detention costs, no boats, no refugees in our near north, and? yes an increase in handpicked refugees fueling growth in this country.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 26 July 2018 12:25:14 PM
Belly,

The "Malaysian solution was dead in the water. From the time it was announced to the time it would have been approved (if the libs had agreed) the 800 person quota for the next 5 years would have been more than filled.

That this solution dumped people in a foreign country with no Aus oversight, that was not signatory to the UNHRC and had an appalling human rights record made it far worse than the Pacific solution in every way.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 26 July 2018 3:21:33 PM
Hasbeen don't forget these people are going to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax according to Aidan.

Don't know what jobs they will get and Aidan can't say as well to pay that amount of tax.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 26 July 2018 4:52:29 PM
Belly there is only one question with illegals, Who stopped the boats?

There is only one answer, Tony Abbott.

Next question, How long would it take Shorten to get them sailing again?

Answer, just minutes.

You know it, I know it, everyone knows it, which is Turnbulls only savour.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 26 July 2018 5:10:41 PM
Philip S,
Although it would take someone on the minimum wage over thirty years to pay a hundred thousand dollars in income tax, for someone on the median wage it's only eight years - and of course they'd be paying other taxes such as GST as well.

Unless you assume NDIS recipients to only ever (note, not only initially) be capable of minimum wage work, paying hundreds of thousands of dollars throughout their working lives is not an unlikely outcome.

If our government concentrated on growing the economy instead of maintaining the fiction of budget repair, there could easily be enough jobs for everyone.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 26 July 2018 5:33:46 PM
Belly,
I'm sincere when I ask you this, no satire, no nothing, just a plain question. Do you really & I mean really deep down believe that Pauline Hanson would do a worse job than Abbott/Turnbull or Rudd/Gillard ?
Shorten hasn't been in power as yet so let's leave him out of the equation although I fail to witness any more sense listening to him or watching him on TV.
In my opinion both ALP/LNP are failing Australia. One of the them will get in next election but it sure would be to Australia's advantage to have somone like Hanson or Bernardi to hold the scales of accountability & social values.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 26 July 2018 6:43:29 PM
Dear individual,

Most small parties especially "personality-based" ones
usually get their backing by tapping into the
dissatisfaction felt by some voters with the major parties.

They usually aren't very good with policies because their
parties are based around their personality. And it's
usually all about them. They are by nature
loners and not team players. And often are capricious
leaders and eccentric. For example - Pauline Hanson's
politics operates in a large part around extremes, she taps
into some dark places and often generates outrage.

Those kind of parties usually disappear with time. And as
with many others - are destined to just be flashes in the
pan.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 26 July 2018 7:17:37 PM
Tomorrow one nation voters will line up in longman to vote LNP while Pauline will be cruising on her luxury tour, see in the never going to happen, miracle they won the seat it will be just another vote for the LNP in the house, IF however they follow their tourist leaders wishes the primary vote die,s and they vote LNP, why then vote for Hansons ATM? do we all understand how much the bigger parties and hers gets for every vote? as one nation is a branch of the LNP is one nation just Hansons cash cow?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 27 July 2018 7:19:32 AM
are destined to just be flashes in the pan.
Foxy,
I agree but I'm hoping that they're flashes in the ALP/LNP pans.
Posted by individual, Friday, 27 July 2018 10:32:12 AM
individual,

Well, I guess we'll see after Saturday.
The voters they tell us, usually get it right in the end.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 27 July 2018 1:17:58 PM
5 years in prison for rape, one of Hansons insiders that is, while she tours in a $600 a night cabin her cut out is ready for every polling booth, in a way those cutouts are much more believable than her she however is unbeatable in finding idiots and trash to run for her party
Posted by Belly, Friday, 27 July 2018 1:57:43 PM
'5 years in prison for rape, one of Hansons insiders that is, while she tours in a $600 a night cabin her cut out is ready for every polling booth, in a way those cutouts are much more believable than her she however is unbeatable in finding idiots and trash to run for her party'

ever heard of Eddie Obeid Belly?
Posted by runner, Friday, 27 July 2018 2:44:59 PM
Belly,
One Nation must really be having an impact on the ALP as you are putting a lot of effort into personal criticism.

Notice you do not raise any issues about One Nation policies or have you not bothered to look at them, or maybe you cannot find fault with their policies. You prefer to throw muck about minor issues. so what about the Labor polly that uses taxpayer funded employee to pick up her dogs poo, that is great value for our money. Can you tell me that any former Labor member/advisor/staffer has never gone to jail.

As Richardson said "What ever it takes" nothing is too low for an ALP supporter.
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 27 July 2018 4:49:38 PM
Banjo do not let your personal politics or dislike of me or my politics blind you, I understand and know every one nation policies, to me they even more than the greens are an expression of the inability of some to see the reality, in their case the reality not near every Muslim, Migrant, Refugee is a threat, truth is my posts about them are fueled by the extraordinary habit they have of selecting idiots and filth to run for them only in Queensland do they amount to other than a failure
Posted by Belly, Friday, 27 July 2018 4:56:08 PM
Gosh if we start counting the various scandals that
involve our political parties - we'd be here for a
very long time. Anyone ever heard of the Parakeelia
rort?
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 27 July 2018 6:11:11 PM
Well, may common sense prevai in the electorates today.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 28 July 2018 6:49:34 AM
How about 28 Victorian Labor MPs and ministers being investigated for corruption?

This should be great for the state election in a few months.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 28 July 2018 6:51:58 AM
The ideal outcome would be Turnbull & Shorten gone. The Nation is crying out for leadership & direction.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 28 July 2018 9:02:00 AM
Content to wait for the results tonight and to know both sides have dirt and fools, too to watch how well one motion go,s both in the deep north and out side
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 28 July 2018 10:05:50 AM
Daniel Andrews will be in political handcuffs all the way to the November 24 election.

The fraud investigation makes it deeply problematic for him to campaign effectively on law and order, given many of his MPs are being pursued along Spring Street by detectives.

Every Labor MP that took part in the “red shirts” scheme will have to live with the baggage of the investigation, even if they haven’t broken the law.

It hands Liberal leader Matthew Guy a profound advantage, given law and order is at the heart of the Coalition’s attempts to seize power.

The Andrews government feels older than a one-term administration and the police investigation has simply added wrinkles to the carcass. This is the price the government pays for adopting the “whatever it takes’’ strategy. It’s what happens when political parties resort to ruthless (and possibly illegal) machine politics to win elections without fully considering the consequences.

READ MORE
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews speaks to the media during a press conference at Parliament House, in Melbourne, Wednesday, June 20, 2018. (AAP Image/Alex Murray) NO ARCHIVINGHeat on ministers, cops move inSAMANTHA HUTCHINSON
Guy inherited the strategic advantage the moment word broke that police had backed a full-scale investigation.

For many months, Guy and his team have been using community uncertainty about crime rates, including gang activity, to wedge the government.

While some of the Coalition rhetoric has been excessive, it has been overwhelmingly driven by polling.

This polling shows there is deep concern in sections of the community about safety, and the capacity and willingness of the law enforcement agencies to respond to challenges such as gang violence.

The investigation will not harm the position of police chief commissioner Graham Ashton, who has had an awkward relationship with the opposition.

More broadly, it has become increasingly clear that the Premier has an absolute fight on his hands to remain in office.

Labor is not terminal, but its edges are fraying.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 28 July 2018 11:20:55 AM
The fraud investigation is not problematic for Daniel
Andrews at all. The amount of money that was spent
in the 2014 state election has been paid back in full.
And the tactics currently being used by the Liberal Party
in Victoria - such as handing leaflets out to try to spread
fear of - "gangs hunting in packs," is having a negative
effect towards the Liberal Party. Voters are seeing these
sort of tactics for what they really are - mud-slinging
nasty and bigoted.

Mathew Guy's tactics smack of desperation. It's not the
Labor Party that's frayed. It's the Libs that will learn
that winning at someone else's expense is an old paradigm and
an increasingly obsolete model of success.

BTW: Daniel Andrews will be introducing a free-fee-scheme
in Victoria in 2019 for vital undermanned areas - no fees
for sectors like - nursing, accounting, agriculture,
age-care-support, disability care and support, construction
and building, automotive, hairdressing, signage and graphics,
food services, and engineering pathways ...

It's all happening in Victoria.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 28 July 2018 1:46:35 PM
cont'd ...

Here's a link that explains:

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/daniel-andrews-budget-victoria-tafe-courses-free/
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 28 July 2018 1:49:26 PM
cont'd ...

My apologies. I forgot to add that it's the TAFE courses listed
that are free. Part of the free-fee scheme by the
Daniel Andrews Labor Government for vital under-manned areas.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 28 July 2018 2:00:31 PM
Foxy,

Since when has returning the proceeds of crime ever nullified the crime? The police are already aware that the money has been returned, and have still opened a crime docket. At best this will mitigate the sentence.

Unless Labor is exonerated quickly this will be a major election issue along with the gangs that Labor has allowed to flourish.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 28 July 2018 2:07:50 PM
Shadow Minister,

The matter was referred to the police in 2015 and
the Force the next year decided not to investigate.

The fraud and extortion squad was called after a
letter of complaint was sent by Upper House
Liberal MP Edward O'Donohue (what a coincidence -
in a state election year).

This is a pre-election Liberal Party mud-slinging tactic.
It simply shows that the Liberal Party can't win by
legitimate means but has to resort to these sort of tactics
to try to win. They can't do it on their own merit.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 28 July 2018 3:24:51 PM
How sweet it is! longman and braddon stay with the ALP swing to it fact,4 in ten one notion in their strong hold,, first preference went to Labor both seats not traditionally ours Mr Ute gate came a gutser
he put it all on the line and got trampled on loving it
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 28 July 2018 8:08:38 PM
hopefully Labours smashing will lead to change if Liberal leader.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 28 July 2018 8:28:49 PM
Dear Belly,

Congratulations!

A Labor win all round!

It can only get better.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 28 July 2018 11:01:59 PM
cont'd ...

The voters did get it right!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 28 July 2018 11:04:02 PM
Foxy,

The police generally don't launch an investigation without sufficient evidence. Labor has sent plenty of letters of complaint again the Libs to the police with no result.

The big win for the LNP is that the toxic Bull Shorten will continue to lead Labor.

P.S. Foxy, this thread has put your claims of impartiality to the sword.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 29 July 2018 7:26:49 AM
How sweet it is!
Belly,
I clearly recall Keating saying "this is the sweetest victory of all".
I also clearly recall the mess that followed & to a large extent the nation is still wallowing in that mess.
Let's just sit back & watch a repeat performance.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 29 July 2018 7:34:28 AM
nothing can take the pure joy out of today Australian voters said the fear, the smear and even false polls some used is not going to make up their minds for them, too the very real hurt and pain on display from some, here, is worth waiting for, who would have thought super saturday would be this super? how could Turnbull turn this around? well leaving office may do it, after all he, this morning, lives in the shoes he planned to have Shorten wear
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 29 July 2018 8:03:05 AM
I didn't bother paying any attention to these elections.

With the current leadership & policies of both majors, Australia & it's citizens were going to lose, no matter what the result.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 29 July 2018 10:32:58 AM
Shadow Minister,

Your claims to impartiality is destroyed with each and
everyone of your posts.

Dear Belly,

This has been a great result for Labor and especially
for Bill Shorten - whose leadership was being questioned.
As we can see from Super Saturday - the issues are what
matters to voters. I wonder if the Liberal Party will
learn anything from all of this prior to the next
election?
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 29 July 2018 10:42:49 AM
cont'd ...

Dear Belly,

The Liberals now need to get behind the only leader
they have and stop all the infighting and present a
united front. They also need to take a look at where
they are placing their emphasis - as far as their
policies are concerned. The government can no longer
claim the results of these by-elections as an
endorsement of their policies, especially their company
tax cuts strategy. They need to stress small
and medium businesses rather than big company tax cuts.

These results have created doubt about the Coalition's
chance of being re-elected. It has changed the momentum
in federal politics. The Liberal Party needs to review
its tactics - and actually listen to the voter's concerns.
Seats that used to be safe may be in question at the
federal election. For example, Peter Dutton's seat of
Dickson shares a boundary with Longman.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 29 July 2018 11:40:08 AM
Belly,
From my observations most of the votes for Labor in this election were purchased by the present ALP Qld Govt by way of putting back the 14,000 Public servants put off by Newman's Govt plus another 14,000 have since been put on. If that is not vote buying then what is.
of course employment is what we all want but it has to be productive employment that creates revenue. There is as yet no apparent evidence of the Qld Public Service having improved by these 28,000 new people.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 29 July 2018 12:21:00 PM
Some posters clearly in pain, delivered to me at least a *super sunday* after the conservative media and polls clearly, deliberately, wrong, truth is Turnbull not Shorten, is looking unsafe and just a bit less likely to lead his party in the coming loss/election Turnbull can not turn this around someone else may, but my self interest and sense of humor suggests Abbott should be the leader
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 29 July 2018 12:40:17 PM
Foxy,

Unlike you, I have never claimed to be impartial. The general swing in by-elections is 5-6% against the government, which neither Braddon or Longman achieved.

What the coalition needs is an ALP lead by Shorten, that believes that the expected result of keeping their seats is an endorsement of their hare-brained policies.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 29 July 2018 2:41:48 PM
Belly,
So, what is your answer regarding the vote buying ? Is it moral in your opinion ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 29 July 2018 4:18:34 PM
individual,

I don't think that conspiracy theories will work.
You need to provide evidence.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 29 July 2018 4:54:14 PM
Foxy,
What you're really saying that when you produce conspiracy theories they're absolute fact yet when real facts are presented by someone else they're conspiracy theories.
Anyhow, whilst on the subject what's your opinion on this increased intake of public Servants leading up to these elections, moral for your morals ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 29 July 2018 6:18:37 PM
individual,

Can you give me more information please?
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 29 July 2018 6:35:02 PM
Foxy,
no probs

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=8360&page=14
Posted by individual, Monday, 30 July 2018 4:42:41 AM
How very biased we are, had Shorten lost a seat, say the one most likely, longman I would be under a blanket trying to not hear the triumph in every post here, longman! a seat with one nation at its strongest, a history of being in conservative hands, Bill pulled it off, BUT he had help! tax cuts for the banks!retirement age up to 70!less money for health education! pensioners made to feel criminals! made to think they have lived too long! Turnbull and his team, his anti worker policies,won longman for the ALP thanks Mr ute gate! your blunder again saved the day, for us.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 30 July 2018 7:37:44 AM
Shadow,

If that's your spin stick to it. The problem for the Coalition is their tax policy is not generous enough. $50 billion for the big end of town is miserly, peanuts I say! Moneybags hands a paltry $17 billion to the already struggling Big Banks, that is an insult to the mega rich. Where is the compassion for the battlers doing it tough in the boardrooms, the poor folk of Vaucluse and Toorak.

I say bring back The Mad Monk and his trusty sidekick Barnyard, and get some real fair dinkum Conservative policy for the next election, like a knighthood for Prince Dill, now that's a vote winner in my book.

BTW Shadow, at the general election the Coalition would have a better chance if they stood human candidates instead of turkeys. I must say that Liberal bloke in Longman was an insult to even the turkeys. A life size cardboard cutout of the Lovely Pauline had more to offer the voters than the hapless Trevor.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 30 July 2018 7:55:31 AM
Foxy,

Calling you out on your terminological inexactitude, the fraud investigation was not precipitated by a liberal MP's complaint, it was triggered by an ombudsman's report concluding that there had been criminal activity.

"However much it disadvantages the Andrews government four months before the state election, Victoria Police had no alternative but to launch a criminal investigation into the reported misuse of almost $380,000 in publicly funded MP staff allowances for campaigning in the lead-up to the last Victorian election in 2014. In March, Ombudsman Deborah Glass found: “The arrangement to employ field organisers as electorate officers was an artifice to secure partial payment for the campaign out of parliamentary funds, and was wrong."

Paul,

I am convinced that you do most of your posts under the influence of recreational pharmaceuticals and that the figures you publish are the result of a bad trip.

Especially the part comparing a lib candidate to a turkey, when the greens regularly re-elect a failed bank clerk with the ethics of a sewer rat and the IQ of a squirrel. But I suppose that says more about the greens voters than the lump of lard.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 30 July 2018 11:01:21 AM
just a thought, Victorian Liberals seem close to being investigated on this matter two
Posted by Belly, Monday, 30 July 2018 12:48:49 PM
Belly,

A Victorian Labor MP having a fact-free whinge to the police is not a threat to the libs.

At the moment in Victoria, the minister for police and the Attorney General are both being investigated for fraud.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 30 July 2018 3:02:03 PM
Shadow Minister thanks! I had a joy filled super weekend and you are doing your best to make it a week! see your side, called for an investigation in to my side, so far so good, probably a silly thing they did BUT EVERY SIDES DOES IT,now my side targets yours and?you Sir are part of the reason the thread about falling primary vote has merit
Posted by Belly, Monday, 30 July 2018 4:12:50 PM
Hi Belly,

Shadow is doing a Bill Snedden, remember Bill he was the Liberal leader caught in a cheap hotel room in America with a young prostitute and his pants down. All while on official government business. The hapless Bill got smashed in a general election, then declared "We didn't loose the election, we just didn't win!"

Shadow,

I object //IQ of a squirrel// Get it right its a chipmunk// a different rodent
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 30 July 2018 4:50:37 PM
Dear Shadow,

Take 2.

“The Australian Federal Police has referred its investigation into the media leaks from jobs minister Michaelia Cash's office about the raids on the Australian Workers' Union to the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions, to determine whether charges should be laid.”
http://www.buzzfeed.com/aliceworkman/the-afp-has-referred-its-investigation-into-michaelia-cashs?utm_term=.ckNZz7WJzD#.yoxL4vr247

This will be interesting.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 30 July 2018 6:02:40 PM
Paul,

I don't think that at this age I have the energy to chase after tail.

Secondly, I defer to your deeper knowledge that SHY has the IQ of a chipmunk.

SR,

Do you realise that the leak came from a junior staffer that resigned over the issue?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 30 July 2018 7:28:47 PM
Better the IQ of a chipmunk that that of a wooden
plank!
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 30 July 2018 7:35:51 PM
Shadow,

The sacrificial lamb was well paid off by the Liberal Party. I am sure Cash will look stunning in handcuffs.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 30 July 2018 8:13:06 PM
Gee you're sneaky Foxy.

You know as well as anyone here that Tony Abbott would sweep the floor with the dill Shorten.

You also know that the smug self-satisfied Turnbull has as much chance of being elected again as he has of flying to the moon.

I can only assume your suggestion of the liberals getting behind Turnbull is in the knowledge that this will assure we get the disgusting Shorten as our next PM.

What a cunning lady you are.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 30 July 2018 9:09:39 PM
Dear Shadow,

Junior? Hardly. He was a senior media adviser and now is the Australian Hotels Association WA Media And Communications Manager.

Dear Hasbeen,

Oh i would like nothing better than to have Abbott make a comeback. The Australian people did not get a chance to give that clown the hiding he so richly deserved.

His toxic brand of neoconservatism poisoned the party to such a degree that even someone who holds such a commanding lead as preferred pm over his opposition counterpart looks like losing the next election. The libs need a good cleanout and the rort that come under Abbott would be a good chance to purge the party of the far rightwhingers that currently hold sway.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 30 July 2018 9:36:40 PM
Morning Hasbeen, may I say an honest thank you? just love hearing that Abbott is still the wanted leader in at least some from your side of politics, he is a failure without the support of even many in your party,super Saturday came because of policies not leadership, right now as people struggle to even raise a deposit on a home your mob put these policies out, tax cuts including for the very banks subject to the current investigation, cuts to penalty rates,health care education,aid, while our country suffers what may become our worst ever drought, a leader who can bring the people with him will come to your party some time after Bill Shortens Prime Ministership, your support for an Abbott leadership proposes those voters have bags over their heads and ear muffs on
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 31 July 2018 7:36:28 AM
Foxy,

Yes SHY is more intelligent than a plank of wood.

SR,

I have a senior technician reporting to me, however, his title does not imply that he is a senior member of the company. A senior media advisor reports to the media officer who reports to the chief of staff who reports to the minister.

I would imagine that the same will happen to this bloke as happened to the twit in Juliar's staff that notified protesters that Abbott was appearing with the PM (resulting in Juliar's face plant) which is bupkiss.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 31 July 2018 9:38:14 AM
Basically Turnbull and Shorten are very weak and will sell out to the United Nations. They are the same brand as Trudeau who is doing his best to destroy Canada. Unfortunately most of the voting population is to dumb to see what is going on.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 31 July 2018 9:38:24 AM
runner your views are getting a little clearer to me but you do know they are very much minority held views? very few will find our leader and potentual leader, in fact soon to be PM are bound by the UN in some matters the UN is in charge but hopefully not to the extent you fear
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 31 July 2018 11:41:42 AM
Dear Hassie,

Thank You for the compliment but I don't think
that I deserve it. But then I've got health
problems and I don't think that I deserve those either.
(joke).

Anyway, I am not as sure as you seem to be of who's
got a better chance of winning the next election.
I doubt if bringing back Tony Abbott as leader is going
to improve the Liberal Party's chances one iota.

I personally do feel that the Liberals should stand behind
their current leader and present a united front - because
voters don't support disunified parties. But to me the
most important thing is - get rid of the current policies.
The public does not like them and they will lose the election
for the Libs if nothing is done.

There's still time for changes to be made - and the Liberal
Party should seriously pay attention to the concerns of
voters - or they will lose - and it won't have much to do
with who their leader is.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 31 July 2018 11:47:22 AM
FOXY !
WOW ! I"m speechless, i never .. Congratulations. Spot-on !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 31 July 2018 4:30:06 PM
Thanks Indy,

I'm glad that for once I got something right.
(smile).
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 31 July 2018 4:59:31 PM
Dear Shadow Minister,

Is your senior technician a “junior” of any description because that is how you referred to Cash's senior media adviser?

Mate, you are having to walk back a hell of a lot of your off the hip comments of late. Perhaps desisting from trying it on would be advisable.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 31 July 2018 7:01:23 PM
SR,

I see that you have conceded the lowly rank of the staffer and now are trying to make the discussion about semantics. However, the answer to your question is yes. The man has more than a decade of service but still holds a junior rank.

As defined Junior includes = ..." a person who is newer or of lower rank in an office, class, profession, etc.; subordinate."
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 31 July 2018 7:45:09 PM
Foxy I can not see a single person in either major party that I could be proud to call my PM. I will admit I would be more ashamed to admit Shorten was our PM than I would be of Abbott, but no more than I am ashamed to admit Turnbull is our PM.

It is because of their policies that I will vote for neither party in the next election. Yes the Liberals policies are slightly less toxic than Labors, but so little less damaging that they won't earn my vote.

I can't think of a single MP I would like to see become our next PM. I favour Abbott only because he is the only one in well over a decade who did anything good for Australia. He stopped the boats. That he then turned milk sop & failed at all further hurdles is a given, but he did stop the boats. I am damn sure that no other member of either major would/could have done that.

Belly I know it is hard, probably impossible, for you to understand, I don't have a side, or a party. I have never been to any meetings, never handed out how to vote cards or manned a pooling booth & I never will. Obviously your history makes you totally one eyed, I don't have such a history, so have no favourite.

I will probably vote Pauline Hanson for the senate, but only as an "UP YOURS" to the majors. My only hope is a totally unworkable senate, which would reduce the damage either mob could do in a single term

Disgusting isn't it that it can get this bad.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 31 July 2018 8:13:28 PM
Hasbeen been to specksavers of late? our next PM is Bill Shorten
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 1 August 2018 7:52:15 AM
Hi Belly, I don't know, that no friends Nigel, Mr Money Bags is looking very shaky indeed. Could we see a change at the top shortly. The best chance for the Coalition at the next election would be Backstabber Bishop, Dud Dutton could come out of right field and knife Turnballs, but is as popular with voters as ants at a picnic. Now the Mad Monk still believes he is the rightful ruler of this great kingdom. Oh, and the Fundo Christian Morrison has crucified himself on the Mountain of tax cuts for the Big End of Town.

Can you speculate for me.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 1 August 2018 8:32:50 AM
Belly,

I am glad for you that the one small swing for Labor has given you the hope that Bull Shirting will be in the lodge this time next year.

However, the other 3 by-elections that Labor and the coalition contested showed no change or a swing to the coalition, and the 2ppp has been consistently tightening.

Especially now that MT has had ample warning of the effectiveness of some of BS's scare campaigns and still has nearly a year to counter them.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 1 August 2018 11:24:59 AM
SM thanks you bring joy with every word, Bill is back in the stable and our next PM we must try to work out what your side will do after you heavy fall entering the straight,Turnbull will go back to the harborside mansion and his lurk investment banking, who will lead your mob? a few very very good nearly unknowns exist who could be Howard like but the controlling faction will put maybe Morrison? lead in the saddle bag but faction likes him
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 1 August 2018 12:40:41 PM
Belly,

While old Billy boy still be around for 2022?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 1 August 2018 3:18:47 PM
Well we are getting down to mud throwing stuff and maybe we can do far better, it is not my fault or my partys Abbott ran out of rope, or that Turnbull, who even I thought was the next Howard turned out to be Mr ute gate and nothing more, still within this government, good leaders live, true Liberals exist, but your party and it is not our fault, is in the hands of a faction that values wealth over people, growth over sustainability,war, as in its following America blindly, rather than nation building,it is not my party or my fault your party will be removed next year because it blindly lost contact with Howard battlers, dismissed them told them they must work till they drop fund tax cuts for the rich, my party once in government must produce in troubled times yet again as policies of Trump will have bought about a financial crash like no other by then but we will
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 1 August 2018 4:17:18 PM
Hi Belly,

A big worry for the Coalition in Longman is the poor flow of One Nation preferences back to them, considering the party preferenced the Liberals. I understand it has cost them around 2,000 votes, if that was to be repeated at a general election the Coalition could be holding its first party meeting in a phone box, well not quite, but it would be a disaster.

Hi Shadow,

Just up here in Brisbane until Tuesday, sunny weather. Yep, Trevor was a great Liberal candidate, at least on notch above Daffy Duck, only managed to cut the Liberal vote by about 10%, must have been that dynamic personality of his, gobble gobble.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 1 August 2018 7:17:51 PM
Paul you have it about right big Trev went down like the Titanic while Hanson is still on her luxury tour hard seat to win but we did it that made it a SUPER SATURDAY
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 2 August 2018 9:24:09 AM
"UNDER siege Labor MP Emma Husar has been accused of flashing a staff member while not wearing any underwear while in Jason Clare’s office, in a manoeuvre made famous by the film Basic Instinct.

The Daily Telegraph yesterday spoke with Ms Husar’s former staff member who claimed he and Ms Husar went into Labor MP Jason Clare’s office at Parliament House where, while sitting opposite him, she spread her legs while not wearing underwear."
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 2 August 2018 2:18:01 PM
Foxy,

Just for you:

"A Melbourne surgeon is considering packing up his family of three and moving interstate after losing two cars and tens of thousands of dollars in valuables in a terrifying home invasion that marked the start of a three-day crime spree by an African and Australian gang."

It looks like Emma Husar has got a lot more "exposure" than she planned.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 2 August 2018 2:59:17 PM
SM have you missed something? rumor has it the African gang may be ALP voters
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 2 August 2018 3:17:40 PM
Belly,

After all that Daniel Andrews has done for the gangs' business model, I am sure that they are ALP voters.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 2 August 2018 3:39:41 PM
Once again The Australian is empasizing "African -Australian
gangs?" just their robberies -
and intentionally not reporting other crimes
unrelated to racial background - snuffing out any
calm analysis and indulging in right wing hysteria.
Backing the tactics of Matthew Guy with his leaflets.
What a disgrace The Australian has become.

A rich man gets his house broken into and we get a
colour spread. The hypocrisy and dog whistling is
breath taking. What on earth ia an "African-Australian?"
Is there such a thing?

Maybe the doctor should move to South Australia where teenage
girls stab each other or Sydney for the multiple shootings -
ohhhhh - that's right they are LNP states - can't question them.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 August 2018 4:08:00 PM
As for "flashing one's underwear?"

Here's another reminder - the photo that shocked
the nation:

http://www.mamamia.com.au/barnaby-joyce-sleazy-photo/

Enjoy!.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 August 2018 4:22:59 PM
Not even close Foxy.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 2 August 2018 6:05:21 PM
I fully understand how you would feel that way.
It's probably confronting for you and you are
outside your comfort zone.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 August 2018 6:40:16 PM
It's in the trite, trivial and tedious zone.

How does a Labor MP displaying her naked crotch to people incl children compare to BJ glancing towards Vicky?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 2 August 2018 7:24:59 PM
Shadow Minister a visitor to this page and this thread may well use it as evidence bitter never ending bias and insults is the norm in our country, just a few truths, that Labor thing you continue to highlight is not the average or is her behavior only on her side or sex, still like a dead fish dragged along the beach to get the worms to pop their heads out of the sand it seems you think it works, APEX the name of the only known formal gang of African youths, is in prison, every one of them [Victorian police TV interview],yes 0.1 percent of the population 1 percent of the crimes, so? more should be in prison soon, BUT who are the other 99 percent? criminals for sure but what if WASP comite say 50 percent of the crime? still that dragging along the beach of public opinion will continue until the Victorian election is over, Russian trolls could learn much here
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 August 2018 7:52:39 AM
Foxy,

Here you are victim shaming, A man and his family have been traumatized by a home invasion while his entire family were present. What's next, blaming women for getting raped?

The thugs then went on to another home invasion, an armed robbery on a petrol station, and the hijacking of another car all within a few hours.

The point is not that there are other robberies, but the brazen and violent nature of their crimes is what is alarming Melbournians. These gangs while responsible for 1% of the total crime in Melbourne are responsible for nearly 50% of the violent crime and their spectacular and brazen activities are what is generating the headlines.

That Labor is playing the racism card because it does not suit their political agenda is despicable. Voters are frightened and either Labor does something or the voters will.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 3 August 2018 9:45:12 AM
Improve your argument.

This one doesn't wash with either me or the voters
in Victoria where our Premier is doing a great job.

Matthew Guy's and The Australian's tactics don't wash.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 3 August 2018 10:15:58 AM
Shadow Minister in nearly every post reminds us muck raking is first and policy runs last on his side of politics, if that is not true please highlight the number of staff who have left Cashes office, tell us as many times as you like of the criminal faction in African migrants, even what we already know, they are over represented but too tell of how many say Pacific Islanders the same could be said about,or even Lebanese, gee Australians could be included
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 August 2018 12:21:36 PM
Dear Belly,

With Shadow it's always political - always finger-pointing.
And yet he claims he's "impartial." He's so one-eyed it's
a waste of time arguing with him. Heaven knows I've tried.
And now I barely read his posts. Of course crime exists
and criminals do bad things - but continuing to spread fear
and blame selective groups while ignoring other -
as a pre-election tactic is a
turn-off. As I said it's become political and for Shadow it
always was. We should just leave him alone and not give him
the platform he's after.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 3 August 2018 1:24:31 PM
Yes Foxy made up my mind about that a decade ago but still find time to try reasoning,my super Saturday has become two weeks as SM tries to convince me voters actually did not like my mob my memory is he and a few others denied the [for them] spiders webb known as Kevin Rudd was across their track so not much chance reasoning will work
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 August 2018 4:52:09 PM
Dear Belly,

The voters will get it right in the end - you'll see.
People are drifting away from the usual political spin -
And the usual political smear tactics no longer work - except
for the very gullible. Most people no longer accept those
outmoded strategies - of winning at someone else's expense.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 3 August 2018 9:03:20 PM
If Labor wins then the voters will certainly get it... In the neck
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 3 August 2018 9:24:41 PM
No ifs no buts the incoming ALP government even if it trips over its own shoelaces and it will not,,will restore good government for most of us not just the few
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 4 August 2018 7:42:47 AM
Yes Belly,

With a Labor victory, a few things will change. Medicare will be safe from a Conservative carve up. The billion dollar handouts to the big banks will only be a painful memory. Personal taxpayer gifts to cronies will stop. The people will be put first, not mates in big business. Workers and the vulnerable in society will be protected, education and health will become the priority once more. The quicker this rabble get booted the better.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 4 August 2018 9:33:05 AM
True Paul it will not be hard to be a better more caring government than this one has been
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 4 August 2018 12:59:35 PM
More news of those misunderstood Sudanese youths:

"Innocent motorist stops to fix his GPS on Savage St Pakenham only to be attacked and carjacked by armed thugs of African appearance"

https://au.news.yahoo.com/group-armed-thugs-attack-man-082132067.html
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 5 August 2018 10:18:59 AM
Dear Belly,

The incompetence of the current government is
unbelievable. How on earth could anyone vote
for them - they're such a mess - and still
they continue to grab at straws.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 5 August 2018 11:14:42 AM
ah! Shadow Minister that could describe Africans of Dutch heritage? meanwhile in Sydney about 40 cars are stolen every day by those white youths we need to keep an eye on
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 5 August 2018 1:51:21 PM
Foxy,

Alas, the Vic Labor government is staggeringly incompetent and corrupt. Perchance, they will be gone within 5 months.

What idiots spend $1bn to do nothing.

Belly,

The carjacker was caught on video, and he is definitely non-reflective. And of the 40 cars stolen daily in Sydney, how many are at gunpoint?

These guys are committing nearly one outrageous attack every day. The first stage of recovery is admitting you have a problem.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 5 August 2018 3:58:54 PM
The party that understands the problems facing the voters
(State or Federal) will win the next election. And in
Victoria - the Liberal Party is totally out of touch.
Clueless. As for Federal? The latest Guardian Essential
Survey has Labor leading the Coalition on the two party
preferred measure.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 5 August 2018 4:52:24 PM
The problem is the criminals not a race, our system of justice is a joke! time after time police put people before the court and time after time the blind deaf and very dumb person handing down judgment,*betrays police and community* with the revolving door nature of sentencing, that, maybe why some, from this racial background, are seen time and time involved in new crime, we know the scales of justice are meant to show us it is blind deaf and dumb to priverledge, but I remain convinced too often it is the justice I describe
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 5 August 2018 5:18:44 PM
Shadow, what is the relationship between the Liberal Party disaster on Super Saturday and a car jacking in Pakenham by those of African appearance.
Do you want us to believe they were disgruntled members of the Liberal Party, trying to cast an absentee vote for the hapless Trevor in Longman?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 5 August 2018 5:57:08 PM
//"Innocent motorist stops to fix his GPS on Savage St Pakenham only to be attacked and carjacked by armed thugs of African appearance"//

So... Egyptian?

Gotta love that sort of casual racism that assumes everybody on the entire African continent is of similar appearance.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 5 August 2018 9:43:26 PM
What we desperately need to stall the xenophobic slurs against every person of a race not our own is for only WASP to commit crimes! can we include Turnbulls? say protecting Cash? tax cuts to corrupt banks? no pension rises? cuts to health education ?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 6 August 2018 7:37:40 AM
Dear Belly,

Talking about Turnbull - check this out:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/commentisfree/2018/apr/10/malcolm-turnbull-didnt-walk-away-from-his-beliefs-because-he-never-had-any
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 6 August 2018 10:01:45 AM
As for Economic incompetence:

"The Victorian government’s spending on public servants has exploded by more than a quarter since Labor came to office — the fastest-growing wages bill of any Australian government ahead of November’s state election.

The rising wages bill, driven by new hiring and union demands for higher pay, will lift the state’s employee expenses to an estim­ated $28.9 billion this year, or more than 45 per cent of general revenue.

Nationwide analysis reveals Victoria’s wages bill grew almost as fast as Queensland’s, where the public sector union has warned the official statistics are unreliable because they fail to ­acknowledge people employed on commercial contracts or through labour-hire firms."

Toni,

If you have a problem with the terminology the police use, then take it up with them. From what I can see the terminology is as non-racial as possible without providing a completely useless description.

Belly,

What is MT protecting Cash from?

Foxy,

A left whinge opinion piece from a left whinge Peter Lewis in a left whinge online newspaper from 4 months ago bemoaning the fact that MT isn't as left whinge as PL would like. You must be getting desperate.

As for the election in November, first term governments have the benefit of incumbency and generally don't lose without a scandal. The Last poll showed Labor/libs 51/49 2pp and that was before the police decided to investigate pressing criminal charges against 20 Labor MPs.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 6 August 2018 11:20:50 AM
I don't believe Shorten has any true beliefs. He flip-flops according to political necessity, such as over company tax cuts.

Turnbull is herding cats but his goals are preferable to Shorten's on several fronts, including energy and investment.

On energy, the nuclear option must be put on the table with more chance of this under Turnbull. I'm concerned that the renewables path mitigate neither power prices nor AGW.

Investment in Australia will be stifled by high company tax rates, or, winners will be picked for subsidy/support by a bureaucracy with a very poor track record for doing so. Only through growth can there be greater services delivery without higher taxation fro all.
Posted by Luciferase, Monday, 6 August 2018 12:11:55 PM
SM well done, switching the subject as an answer, Cash in her lets say well informed use of the media so she could turn union bashing in to a spectator sport pushed the boundaries of honest government way too far, the unpleasant woman ,if in any other party would be mop and bucket in hand if she was to enter parliament
Posted by Belly, Monday, 6 August 2018 12:38:51 PM
Belly,

I get that you don't like Cash, but perhaps you could point out something that she said that isn't true?

As for the other ALP talking points that you trotted out, really?

Investment is fleeing the country as Aus moves to the highest tax rates, power rates and Labour rates in the world and the Labor ideal would be to de-industrialise as has happened in Tas and SA.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 6 August 2018 2:10:39 PM
Dear Belly,

Take note. We're not the ones complaining!
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 6 August 2018 2:19:50 PM
cont'd ...

Also take note - the old tactics are coming into
play - with the "Left whinge" labels and name
calling. Some people need to grow up.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 6 August 2018 2:26:54 PM
Shadow is well known on the Forum for making rash predictions which do not come true, his false prophecies are legendary! Only to later deny ever making such outlandish claims. His crystal ball simply is not working, I recall old Shadow claiming an arrest in the Beat Up Bolt fiasco was imminent, unfortunately the poor sod got it wrong yet again. Possibly when the police went around to make an arrest the chief suspect had BOLTed!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 6 August 2018 4:34:38 PM
Foxy, Paul in my other dying hobby, ham radio, we refer to very rarely heard signals as rare dx, dx being short for a long distance signal, from far away, it is rare here to hear good said about Labor, in fact if true Liberalism, the brand todays party was formed on rares its head it is likely to be branded as leftist trash, those younger than me should research Sir Robert Menzies and his policies,anger fueled by a lifetime of bias is unlikely to change anything Shadow Minister, shortly after John Howard first won office I as a trade unionist had the honor to be invited by country party people, to a protest against imported cooked chicken meat and pulp Oranges! Hanson, then in her I hate asians format was there, the host? a national party minister! he said *he thought he must say the Hawke/ Keating banking reforms and opening up trade* was great for this* country,it was feared Hanson may be at risk, we combined NSW from my union,became her security, backs turned to her we made sure no one hurt her we felt no need to let dislike turn to hate even for her
Posted by Belly, Monday, 6 August 2018 5:00:41 PM
Paul is well known on this forum for lying through his teeth. A prime example is when he repeatedly claims that I said that the arrest of the Antifa thugs that attacked Bolt was imminent in spite of Paul being incapable of showing any record of me ever doing so.

What I do predict is that Paul will once again trot out this lie.

Belly,

I guess that you can't provide any falsehood uttered by Cash.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 6 August 2018 5:30:30 PM
Shadow Minister,

You've got to be joking or you're so blinded by your
support of any corrupt member of the Coalition that
you'll defend them no matter what they do.

Cold hard (Michaelia) Cash lied. Of course she lied not only
to Parliament but to the people. How plausible are Cash's
denials? Here we have a key staffer informing journalists
about a raid of one of the nation's most important unions,
David De Garis (one of Cash's spin doctors) and you mean
to say that he just picked up the phone without telling
his boss? Or that Malcolm Turnbull didn't know either?
De Garis tipped off the media - but she definitely knew
about it - and SHE LIED to Parliament when questioned.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 6 August 2018 6:29:05 PM
Once again Foxy, you are confusing your opinion with fact. That you believe the worst about Cash is clear, but the evidence is that the staffer De Garis tipped off the media, and has admitted that he did so without telling Cash.

He is not the first staffer to do so. Juliar's staffer informed a bunch of activists about Abbott's presence at a function leading to Juliar doing a face plant and subsequently resigned.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 7 August 2018 5:02:13 AM
Shadow Minister I have a grudging respect for you, who you are and even after a childhood in many small country towns known quite a few of your tribe, firmly in my view, convinced only they are right and that folk like me are the Communists under the bed,CASH, I know her too, like the two bishops who served and once served your party, she can be seen as what she is by a man with poor eyesight from 200 meters away, bitter, entrenched in her own views, nasty, unconcerned about other than her tribe, she leaked, then blamed someone else, why did she turn a raid on the AWU in to a public union bashing? she wanted evidence, that? *GETUP*a prime peoples movement for change, for *fairness* had been gifted by? the AWU a group she sees as a danger in her life long battle to reduce wages and living standards, I know Cash, and forever will demand your side picks women of substance not spite to run
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 7 August 2018 8:57:13 AM
Belly,

I would never call you such a vile genocidal term as a communist or Nazi. However, you are as blinkered and one-eyed as anyone else, the case of MC is one prime example. The facts are that the leak was traced back to a staffer after journalist gave up his source. The staffer resigned and Cash referred the incident to the AFP.

Yet you and others insist with zero evidence that Cash lied. Why would you be more concerned with this and not with why the AWU is desperate to keep secret the documents it failed to hand over previously?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 7 August 2018 10:39:30 AM
Shadow Minister,

You have no cred. whatsoever Sir.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 August 2018 10:41:08 AM
Well done Shadow Minister!kept a straight face right from beginning to end, now let me see, just watched a doco, taped, one ww1 with special look at the Russian revolution,if I needed proof communism never worked it and my memories confirmed it, BUT too, the things that pushed people into thinking it was needed are returning to haunt us,the conservative ideal seems to be a longer working life for both lower wages and living standards, wealth creation, but only for some, at the cost of poverty for most,capitalism, in the form your Sir Robert Menzies saw it, with both a heart and basic safety net, seems far better than any thing I have yet seen, however your mob is trying very hard to convince me anything is better than their wish list you will be aware of course the Sir Robert policies have a new home, after your serge to the right they live in my ALPs policies
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 7 August 2018 1:49:23 PM
Belly,

To a large extent, I think the end products of our aims are similar, but our means of getting there are vastly different. Conservatives have been accused of being uncaring, but their better financial management and smaller government have generally led to far greater wealth creation than socialist governments. With both Thatcher and Howard, the real income of the lowest 25% of people increased more than any equivalent period under Labor/labour as did service delivery with the increased financial muscle.

Foxy:

"Residents of a Melbourne street where dozens of youths of African appearance last night set upon police and hurled rocks at their cars described how they feared for their safety and their children.

Police ordered people in ­Bronte Way, Taylors Hill, in Melbourne’s west, to lock their doors as they tried to gain control of a group that had gathered at about 7pm in a nearby park.

Projectiles, believed to be rocks, were hurled at officers and a police car was damaged before heavily armed specialist officers were called in."

I think things are not looking good for the weasel Andrews.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 9 August 2018 8:25:28 AM
Lot of truth in that Shadow Minister, work choices took my respect from John Howard, quote from a head of the AWU * I have had a beer with them all Hawky too but John is good company and a good bloke* see I am afraid I Am from my party's right, all for safety net and helping everyone in need , as I said Menzies looking back, was Labor like compared to todays not very Liberal party Trump in my view will save the right! true it is my view he will fall and that failure may turn the right away from its death wish path Howard, until work choices, could have still been our PM your party needs another like him
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 9 August 2018 9:40:49 AM
Hi Belly,

With talk of price gauging, and customer rip offs, the big energy mob AGL announced yesterday a 28% hike in yearly profits to over $1 billion. Like the Big Banks the Turnbull Government wants to reward these rip off merchants with massive tax cuts.

BTW, my wife received a $12 refund this week from her bank for "previously incorrectly charged fees", there didn't say where or when.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 10 August 2018 8:24:15 AM
Paul Turnbull understand he dare not go to an election based on his policy,he is making every effort to make it a you can not trust Shorten one, informed voters should know he and his side warned us we did not need a Royal Commision into banks,, as if my memory serves me that side said about the RC in to sexual assault of children
Posted by Belly, Friday, 10 August 2018 11:37:39 AM
Hi Belly,
You got to get it right, Turnbull's cronies down at the big banks give Turnbull his riding instructions, "tell em' there's no need for a RC to look into our shonky business."
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 10 August 2018 1:53:48 PM
if conservatives took a true look at their policies they would know why it will take more than mud throwing Paul
Posted by Belly, Friday, 10 August 2018 3:12:23 PM
Hi Belly,

The Conservatives can't state their true aims, because if they did, no one would vote for them. Correction they would get 4 votes Mr Nab, Mr ANZ, Mr CBA and Mr Westpac.

Belly if Tony Abbott lived in Wentworth and there were only two candidates Turnball's and Attila the Hun, which one do you think Abbott would vote for?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 10 August 2018 3:45:59 PM
Paul our problem, speaking of the country here, is far too many do not take an interest in the subject. but they vote, right now as you said if people understood the policies on offer I doubt any chance exists this government would be reelected
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 11 August 2018 6:46:08 AM
Paul,

I see Jeremy Buckingham has been caught with his hand up the cookie jar, and that the Gangreens have admitted to ignoring numerous complaints of sexual assault.

With the Gangreens it is very much "do what I say and not what I do".
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 11 August 2018 8:45:01 AM
Barking up the wrong tree Shadow.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 11 August 2018 8:59:20 AM
Paul,

I think Buckingham was barking up the wrong tree.

Maybe he thought he was Hans Brinker (the Dutch boy) and tried to stick his finger in a dyke?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 11 August 2018 9:09:13 AM
See your man Barnyard admits he spends his taxpayer funded time in Canberra chatting up the chicks! And doing a bit of bonking with his taxpayer funded staff. Shameful, the blokes a joke.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 11 August 2018 9:20:00 AM
we do let our dislike of other parties get us close to defamatory words here, but as BJ has his hands full with the sexual assault inquiry will we see the results?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 11 August 2018 12:22:13 PM
Hi Belly,

Mate, I have been told exactly what took place with Buckingham in 2011, I wont put it up here, on the sexual assault scale I'd give it 1 out of 10. I am a neutral within the Greens so I have no axe to grind regarding any party member including Buckingham.

If you have ever had a night out with a group of people, and had a few. Afterwards in the street as you are all going your separate ways, think of one way you might say good night to a woman.

Wow, in Maori culture you kiss and hug all the women and girls, its their way, they are very affectionate people. I'm guilty as sin
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 11 August 2018 4:37:57 PM
Paul in truth I have no memory about this matter, and while convicting my problem child did so based on her treatment of 20 long term party members as told to me, another yes, seems the me too movement has revived a long term problem, ALWAYS some women, now men too, have made false statements, aimed to hurt, I could never again even say sweetheart to a woman, sorry but true,feminists have driven this white ribbon pledge taker and continuing activist to another place, your truth about your race, its open and friendly way, is dead in mine, at the hands of those the me too movment so rightly targets and the disturbed feminists who have misused it.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 12 August 2018 8:53:18 AM
Paul,

I had no idea that Jeremy Buckingham was so strongly connected to his Maori ancestors. The woman complaining should be disciplined for cultural insensitivity and informed that telling JB "bugger off you pervert" is hurtful to his traditions and that the culturally appropriate response is to drop their knickers.

I guess that the various complaints of sexual harassment that the gangreens have ignored is to enable these misguided women to be re-educated.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 12 August 2018 9:02:18 AM
Shadow, more of your nonsense. Maori culture pertains to me, as that is clear, wake up lad.

How about commenting on Sleazeball Barney, and how he has admitted to using taxpayer money to trawl the haunts of Canberra looking for vulnerable women he could touch up. He admits he did it for years at the taxpayers expense!

You being the forums Rumpole of the Bailey, having claimed some legal qualification obtained from the back of a Cornflakes packet can you tell us if tar and feathering is still legal in Canberra, if so how do we apply it to your beloved Barnyard?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 12 August 2018 9:21:13 AM
Paul,

Coming from a party that produced Jeremy F*ingham, Karel Solomon, and a slew of other gropers you are in no position to judge BJ. If you want to bring back tarring and feathering, you should build a tar filled sheep dip for your own pollies.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 12 August 2018 9:51:55 AM
In the end SM you just throw mud while covering for those on your side in the end people like you hurt us all, not one of us should not demand every sexual offender be removed and if in our side it should be driven by a wish only the best should serve, Roman Catholic Priests got away with far too much because they had that type of protection too
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 12 August 2018 2:01:23 PM
Shadow, I see the NSW Liberals are at it again. Leading NSW Liberal Rami Abdallah, property developer, has been charged with assault. Now the NSW Liberals have taken to assaulting each other. In some quarters Abdallah was being touted as a future Premier. Shadow, are you a friend of Rami's, were you at the party meeting that descended into an all in brawl? What's your right hook like?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 12 August 2018 5:26:12 PM
Paul,

You have been smoking your socks again, firstly I am not a registered liberal, Secondly, I have never heard of Rami, and he holds no office at all, I call bullsh1t on your claim that he is a leading Liberal and considered for the premier.

However, by comparison, Karel Solomon was the chosen representative of the greens running for council and is now a convicted paedophile. Perhaps I could ask you whether you were involved in his selection, whether you knew he was a paedo, and whether his being a kiddie fiddler was a prerequisite to joining the greens.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 12 August 2018 9:41:16 PM
Shadow, one too many dry martini's at the Old Melbourne Club or something. As an unregistered Liberal, can't the local council find you if you're on the street, and off your leach and not registered? Or is that some other animal, not a Liberal. If I was you I would deny all knowledge of Rami Abdallah as well, given his charge sheet, you can find out all about Rami at the Sutherland Local Court, where he is up on a rap. You need to get out more, and pay your dues to the party.

To answer your questions in order. No, no and no.

p/s Rami could use "learned council" such as you, claiming vast knowledge of the law as you do. Maybe you can handle his brief.

p/p/s Anything yet on the 'Beat Up' Bolt saga, imminent arrest as you claimed. Nothing, no, oh well, you just cant get it right old bean can you.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 13 August 2018 4:17:21 AM
just saying,, Turnbull his personal approval has fallen four points,, super saturday is sure hanging around for me
Posted by Belly, Monday, 13 August 2018 7:09:41 AM
Yes Belly, Turnball's popularity has gone south once again. He's as popular as ants at a picnic. I say bring back the Mad Monk and Scumbag Barney, two of Shadows super hero's.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 13 August 2018 9:24:11 AM
Paul,

Why are you such an inveterate liar? You well know that I never claimed that the arrest of the Antifa green thugs was imminent.

Secondly, as you well know I have never been a member of any party anywhere, I just prefer them over the overt populism of Labor and buffoonery of the Greens. However, expecting me to know the antics of every rank and file member is ridiculous which is par for the course for you.

However, with you being a paid-up member of the idiot party, using the same logic you must be intimately involved in the antics of the Green Paedophile Karel. I'm surprised that you are not out protesting against his incarceration on this misunderstanding and trying to lower the age of consent.

MT is still more popular than Bull Sh1tin' and the gangreens are as popular as maggots in a peach.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 13 August 2018 12:05:58 PM
Paul some things will never change, we both should refrain from letting it get under our skin, what if overseas visitor dropped in here? we all may look very silly, ps,my socks are not smokeable,nothing that close to my feet should go any place near my nose
Posted by Belly, Monday, 13 August 2018 12:40:31 PM
Hi Belly, nothing to worry about. I enjoy a bit of light banter with me ol' sparring partner Shadow Minister. One thing about the conservatives, they're a dead pan bunch, with no sense of humour.

Now, Shadow I distinctly recall your machinations at the time regarding the 'Beat Up' Bolt fiasco. Now let me recall your exact words; oh yes; "The arrest of the evil doers is IMMINENT!" No two ways about it the word was defiantly "IMMINENT". However being the good soul I am, I forgive you your lack of accuracy in this particular case. as I have done on many other occasions.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 13 August 2018 4:01:35 PM
Paul,

Do you also remember in this thread admitting that climate change was a hoax, SHY was really a transgender pygmy, and that the Greens was originally a club for paedophiles that failed to get into the Catholic Clergy?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 13 August 2018 6:49:40 PM
climate change? reasonable people know the debate has moved on, that climate change is real and every day in every country proves that, the point now for debate is is it manmade or a natural event
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 7:39:50 AM
Ah yes Shadow,

I do recall making those delusional baseless claims, I don't know what came over me at the time. That was in the days when I used to smoke my socks. I am now a reformed sockolic and never again will I partake of the evil socks. I have now taken to wearing thongs, and attending Sock Anonymous meetings twice a day, and three times on Sundays. Please forgive my wrongness on those matters.It was the work of the evil socks.
Just as I have forgave you for your wrongness of claims of imminentsy you made in the 'Beat Up' Bolt fiasco! Please forgive me.

I ABSOLVE YOU MY SON, GO FORTH AND SIN NO MORE.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 8:17:30 AM
Belly,

Sarcasm!!
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 9:33:45 AM
every day SM on the issue of climate change you become more remote from reality and the group supporting your views is more in the minority, all in the service of the self interests of the owners of the fossil fuel industry
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 12:53:16 PM
Dear Belly,

You're spot on. The economic interests behind the
"smokestack" industries are a powerful political
lobby that is reluctant to commit the necessary
resources to the task.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 2:00:53 PM
Belly,

I was being sarcastic. I have always said that climate change is significantly man-made, the difference in the way to address it is where I differ from the greens and Labor.

I am for nuclear power and HELE coal-fired generators which can achieve far higher reliability and lower prices than the Labor/green fantasy.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 2:28:23 PM
Well Shadow Minister we agree! we however will be dragged behind the weather shed and kicked about for it, NUCLEAR if just we, use it, will reduce more greenhouse gasses that any other thing we can come up with, we, you and I will be warned about five mile Island the Russian badly built thing, and Japans miss deeds in building in a totally inappropriate place, but yes it must become our future not taking a shot at Paul but as a conservationist I know reality must play a role in matters like this, trying to push things a majority will never support is wasting time and effort NUCLEAR is our future
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 4:06:39 PM
Hi Belly,

There is no political will in Australia for the development of nuclear power, so forget that one. The reality is coal fired power will be a declining stop gap measure while we transition to renewable's. Politics will concern itself with the semantics more than the final outcome.

The Greens has an extensive 63 point energy plan, which is both sustainable and achievable. Something the Coalition government, despite 5 years in power. has failed to deliver.

http://greens.org.au/nsw/policies/energy
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 5:41:29 PM
Again we agree.

This is making the argument difficult!!
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 5:50:37 PM
Sorry to be a pest about this on OLO, but when I search the detailed 63 point Greens energy policy/wishlist for energy "storage" and "100%" renewables, I get:

12. Transitioning NSW within 15 years to an electricity system based on 100 percent renewables, high levels of energy efficiency and demand management.

Ha, ha, ha! http://soundbible.com/1917-Hahaha.html

23. Implement a planned, strategic phase-in of renewable energy technologies, including legislated, binding targets that increase over time to 100% of all electricity generated in NSW by 2030;

Hee hee hee! http://soundbible.com/2010-Laughter.html

35. Work for the development of large solar thermal power stations with storage.

Ho, Ho, Ho! http://soundbible.com/2191-Hyena-Laughing.html

40. While recognising that pricing is only one mechanism for reducing emissions, the Greens NSW will work to remove all market barriers to the rapid transition to 100% renewable energy, including: ...(blah, blah... while the only barrier is a complete lack of coherent logic and organization) http://soundbible.com/2193-Flock-Seagulls.html

What a rabble Greens are! Sadly our youth is infected with their simplistic garbage.
Posted by Luciferase, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 8:59:41 PM
Lucie, what would you know, you get your inspiration from the sounds of farts you generate from some infantile web sit you frequent. Mummy will change your nappy soon.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 9:32:01 PM
Withering stuff, Paul, so glad you recall.

To save you the search: http://soundbible.com/tags-fart.html
You'll find one there like the outpourings of your glorious Greens leader, perhaps this http://soundbible.com/1146-Bean-Fart.html
Posted by Luciferase, Tuesday, 14 August 2018 10:48:30 PM
Two sitting days have gone and this session of parliament has , in question time at least, delivered even more joy than super Saturday, and shown all with their eyes open we are headed for a change of government, not even dear Rupert, visiting to shore up the side he claims if not ownership of at least to be a shareholder in, and the launch of that amusing propaganda machine Sky news on free to air, dare I say news is a new way of spelling propaganda? Super Saturday marked a last chance to put policy in place that did not marginalise so very many, an opportunity clearly ignored
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 15 August 2018 7:19:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. 35
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy