The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Migration

Migration

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I'm responding to other forum commenters; this author is not worthy of my time.

All I want to say is this:

It's an immigrants responsibility to assimilate into the country they wish to come into.
It's not the native citizens responsibility to assimilate into the country the immigrant came from.

The UN Refugee convention prevents us discriminating on the basis of race and religion, but it's a Trojan horse, we know what happens, we've seen what's happened in other countries when they come.

I was taught prevention is better than the cure;
But to my knowledge no-ones even come up with a cure for beheading yet...
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 19 July 2018 12:11:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All consequences are because of policies of the past, not of present policies. At times, like in the Whitlam legacies, the impact is felt years if not decades after policies have been implemented. There is more than adequate evidence of what works 7 what fails yet our "Experts" keep modelling new policies on failed ones hence no improvement over the years.
nothing will ever change for the better if those in charge don't start growing brains & sense.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 19 July 2018 7:12:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Our author is nothing more or less than a minority from within the Islamic faith, yes we ,me too, find it hard to trust like, or want anything to do with the radical side of Islam, however! it is a minority, living with us now are fine good Muslims we would never know are from that faith,now I see no evidence our author is a radical, or any threat to any one, he however is pushing his own barrow and just as blind to others views as the bigots who tell us every Muslim is a threat
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 19 July 2018 7:14:32 AM
Islamic communities in Britain have no go- go zones, and restrict movement of British Citizens. They are elitist and dangerous to our way of freedom. They will destroy the economy of Britain not improve it and it will become like the Middle East, without oil.
Posted by Josephus, Thursday, 19 July 2018 8:43:02 AM
“It's an immigrants responsibility to assimilate into the country they wish to come into.
It's not the native citizens responsibility to assimilate into the country the immigrant came from.”

Exactly, AC.

“The UN Refugee convention prevents us discriminating on the basis of race and religion”.

Not really. We can ignore it, or better still, opt out of the refugee convention, which is a 70 year old agreement not fit for purpose now. We should be discriminating in the interests of our country and our values. Prevention is certainly better than cure. But we need to cure our
failed political system and demand politicians who have our interests and those of our country at heart. We must get rid of the corrupt, self-serving lot we are enduring now. If we all turned up to vote, but did not actually vote for ANY of the drones presented to us, the political class would have to start thinking - for once!
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 19 July 2018 9:50:36 AM
A naïve Melbourne bishop has urged Liberals to “drop the gangs campaign” against African immigrant gangs because it “negatively stereotypes innocent youth”. The Liberal slogans do not mention black, African or Sudanese, just gangs; but, we know which people make up the only gangs in the game.

Bishop Philip Huggins, who “works extensively” with Sudanese 'communities', clearly hasn't had much return from his extensive work, but he objects to the only body that has any chance of success.

So unworldly and unaware is His Grace that he denies that there is a massive problem with African gangs. His ignorant use of “only 1%” of Sudanese being connected to crime overlooks the matter of the relatively small representation of Sudanese in the wider community. The fact is, they are represented out of all proportion to their overall presence.

This is just another example of a churchman getting political because he and his core business have lost relevance. Separation of church and state works both ways. And there is every chance that this man is actually enabling the gangs by going in to bat for them
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 19 July 2018 12:01:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy