The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Same Sex Marriage: One Lie After Another

Same Sex Marriage: One Lie After Another

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Shadow Minister,

Then let me see if I understand you correctly -

So you do believe that religion
should not interfere with our laws in our secular
state - that we should all be equal under the law?

Is that right?
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 5:02:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM,

That you were lead to believe that a yes vote was about ‘equality’ was lie number one. It had nothing to do with equality; it had nothing to do with homosexuality; it had everything to do with changing the Marriage Act and, therefore, it was an an assault on the family, which the Marxists oppose because it cannot control it. Believe it or not, the Marxists were quite open about this. You just had look for their motives, which they made no effort to hide (see my reference to Gessen and follow it up). Unfortunately, the average person’s innate sense of fairness was used against them to con them into voting yes. The very fact that 90% of homosexual couples have not taken up the opportunity to wed surely indicates that the whole thing was a farce designed to bring down Western society another notch?
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 5:17:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//However, I don't subscribe to identity politics where everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.//

Sorry, you've lost me. What does that have to do with gays not wanting to get married? I don't follow.

They've won the right to get married. If they choose not to exercise that right, where is the problem? They weren't campaigning for compulsory marriage. As a heterosexual I've always had the right to get married but never exercised it. How is that any different from gays choosing not to get married?

And what on earth does it have to do with some being more equal than others?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 5:59:39 PM
More than 370 same sex marriages have been registered
across Australia within the first month of gay weddings
becoming legal. NSW has led the way with 142 gay couples
registering their marriages since January 9th.

While same sex marriage was signed into law in December
couples had to give a month's notice of their intention to
marry. Some 88 same sex marriages have been registered in
Victoria to date. In Queensland 61 same sex marriages were
recorded to the end of January. 45 in WA, 25 in SA, and
Tassie - 10, since January 9th.

The overall number of same sex marriages who tied the knot
in January is likely to be higher as most jurisdictions
have some time before they are registered.

Plus there's also the fact that gay couples are now joining
their straight counterparts in hunting out vacant venues,
photographers, caterers, and celebrants.

Perhaps one day soon same sex marriage will be as common as
hetero marriages - with the same problems. As well as those
who choose not to get married will at least now have a choice
whether to or not - which they were not able to have
previously.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 11 July 2018 8:37:11 PM
I don't recall hearing that the SSM matter was economically based and the cost of the voting campaign was a political decision.

It was only ever about legal equality and the notion that swarms of couples would be rushing to the altar was only typical media hype and spin. It didn't make anybody "more equal than others" but just the same when it came to matters of property inheritance and next-of-kin legal rights.

So far, the sky hasn't fallen in and nobody has started lobbying to allow people to marry their pets as some had seriously suggested.
These were simply the old phoney "slippery slope" logical fallacy.

It was the same when women were given the right to vote only around 120 years ago.
Posted by rache, Thursday, 12 July 2018 1:34:39 AM
We get closed to a special type of madness if we think the same sex thing was only about changing to marriage act, not about same sex couples not about fairness
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 12 July 2018 8:52:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy