The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Same Sex Marriage: One Lie After Another

Same Sex Marriage: One Lie After Another

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Belly,

Are you able to explain why “we get closed (sic) to a special type of madness if we think the same sex thing was only about changing (sic) to (the) marriage act, not about same sex couples not about fairness”? Of course you cannot: you don’t have the vocabulary or the intelligence. You are just another of the useful idiots used by the Marxists to change the Marriage Act and fool the sheep into thinking SSM is about ‘fairness’. It is laughable that someone like you thinks that he can lecture other people.

Rache,

I am surprised that you, as someone purporting to know so much about everything, missed out on information that was in the popular press and general media. You, too, seem to be in thrall to lunatic Left propaganda. I would not have previously placed you in the same category as our poor unfortunate friend above.

Using tired old cliches like ‘the sky hasn’t fallen in’ because the Marriage Act has been changed only highlights the micro concentration span of the muppets who enthuse over sensational subjects for the obligatory seven days, then forget about them; a more recent example of this is the faux shock horror of a rape/murder that has disappeared from the media. The sky might have fallen in, but the yokels just have not noticed.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 12 July 2018 10:20:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It was John Howard who changed the Marriage Act to read what
the Conservatives wanted it to read.

The fact now is that same sex couples can get married, if they
want to. It now is legal to do so.

And to all those who object to that - a great big raspberry.
Get used to it. They may be queer, but they are here, and they are
here to stay!
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 12 July 2018 11:01:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Don't put words in my mouth.

However, I do believe that secular laws override religious or cultural doctrines, but that secular laws should not censor free speech nor compel someone to do something that is deeply contrary to their deeply held beliefs.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 12 July 2018 11:55:37 AM
try to be nice, not worth trying to talk with you old mate see you use insults as answers to every one and sit on your missplaced self confidence as long as it makes you happy your view is not upsetting me
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 12 July 2018 1:44:16 PM
Shadow Minister,

I'm not putting words into your mouth - simply
asking for clarification. And what does allowing
civil ceremonies of same sex marriages have to do with religion?
Isn't it simply recognising them legally?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 12 July 2018 3:55:43 PM
Foxy,

Civil celebrations have nothing to do with religion, and I have said nothing to the contrary. In fact, if a priest feels it's OK to preside over a ceremony I have no problem with that either.

I am struggling to see what you are asking me, as my stance has been clear for years.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 12 July 2018 5:57:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy