The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > An Interesting Take On Female Activism

An Interesting Take On Female Activism

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All
CM, I have to confess that this inequality people (mainly females) talk about is there.
It is there for a or several reasons.
Every person who subscribes to this notion has their own views as to the imbalance.
Most people don't give it a second thought, it is only those who feel they are worth more than another in the same job.
As someone who has hired and fired over the years, I can tell you there are women who are paid more than men, not just the same.
Why?
Because they happen to produce more or perform better than their co-workers.
As employers we don't know from an interview.
On the other hand, people have to realise that it's my business and if I don't want to hire females or queers or anyone that does not suite me, I demand the right to run MY business as I see fit.
If under my bigoted, homophobic, biassed opinion my business is successful, I have done my job.
If I felt that being PC was going to benefit me financially, I would go down that route.
We are all individuals.
Like the baker in the US, it was his business, HE chose to refuse making a cake for the queers, it's his decision, end of story.
They should have simply thanked him for his time, left and gone next door where they were more sympathetic to queers.
Problem solved, but no, they have to make an International scene because they couldn't get their petulant bitchy way.
So I will take all the bitching vitriol and abuse, but I will not give up my right to open, free and frank speech.
Female activism is a disease which will only end badly.
If I don't like something or someone, and their arises a need to say so, I must say it.
Even if they are offended.
It's funny of the people I admire, one of them is a jew and the other is a queer.
Ben Shapiro and the other is Milo Yiannopoulos catch them on you tube.
I normally reject both demographics.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 20 June 2018 7:16:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok Foxy. Take care. I know this has probabley been a trying conversation for you. For that I'm sorry and thank you for hearing it out to this end.

In the end I get that there are issues and causes that are worth fighting for, and that's what your defending. But my point was about the culture of those fights. In my observations the culture shift needs to also include the backlash, instead of have two countercultures compete on who can telling the other off the best.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Thursday, 21 June 2018 12:39:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear NNS,

Thank You for your understanding and for your civility.

It is appreciated greatly.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 21 June 2018 11:48:54 AM
well done Foxy,
You kept a reasoned cool head in the face of some extreme male vitriol.

I think some of todays feminists confuse left wing globalism with feminism, they try to stand up for some cultures ignoring the blatant female oppression in those cultures.

I would say to some of the males on here who lack belief in the oppression of women.
That they are now ordered to spend their lives covered in black sheets, with just a few peep holes to see. They will no longer have a right to vote, must raise 10children, even though their bodies and bladders are torn to bits by childbearing. They will have no access to any money of their own, as they arent allowed to have a job that earns money. So if their husband says they are not allowed to buy something, they cant.
I will remind these "poor didums" men on here, that these exact curcumstances, were what womens lives were like in 1950s England and Australia.
Women had to go to, court full of men , and priests among them to be granted permission to the right to contraception to have some control over their own bodies.

Men might be feeling hard done by, now that women have walked away from the home and motherhood that were made unbearable by the control men exercised over them, physically and financially.
But I can tell them right now, your little greivances are just pathethic, when compared to the conditions women endured until they faught for the right to vote,the right to contraception, the right to some financial security, so they could leave a drunken abusive husband without having to sleep in the streets with their children, while the drunken perpetrator snored at home in his warm bed. Women were sacked from their jobs when they got married in the 1940s.
As to rape, I watched a Dateline documentary in Africa. 1 in 3 men there admit to raping women. And thats only the ones that admit it.
No wonder the place is a war-torn overpopulated, poverty stricken hellhole.
Male blame?
Posted by CHERFUL, Thursday, 21 June 2018 9:05:29 PM
to the male poster on here who bragged about his superiority because of his muscles.

Yes Male muscle and power are wonderful assests and have many societal benefits,
But women have more all over, bodily, physical resilence and live 8 years longer on average than men. There are less women in pychiatric facilities, and prisons, and suicides. Women are also on average more emotionally and mentally stable.

Women hold families and societies together with their more nuturing and perceptive abilities.

Often when the mothers in families die, families dont visit each other and drift apart.
Anthropologists will tell you, that female empowerment goes hand in hand with advancement and progress in societies, because of the nuturing enablement of the female..
Posted by CHERFUL, Thursday, 21 June 2018 9:26:57 PM
Cherful, you have given us a history lesson.
I care not what happened in the past, nor what is happening in Africa.
Those who feel sympathy for anothers plight are more than welcome to do so.
You see I have been to, and lived in various third world countries, and I have learned that it is what it is.
No-one can help them because they do not want help, on our terms.
So we harden our emotions and look beyond the immediate.
All the things you mention are what they are.
I have said it before, give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, give him the means and teach him to fish and he will never go hungry again.
All the examples you gave are all appropriate for their time and culture.
Speak to a Muslim woman today, they have spoken in favour of the 'letter box'.
Of course others do not.
You cannot paint everyone or every situation with the same brush.
What some commentors refuse to accept is that we all have differing views.
Why?
Because we are all different and we have had different lives and experiences.
For example in some third world countries you would not stop to give some food to a child, you could be killed for what they see as a punishable act.
And in these places there is no law and order.
One example, if you ran over a chicken you would be beaten to death.
Another, a Doctor driving his car, a man got too close and his wrap caught his rear bumper.
The man was subsequently knocked to the ground un-benown to the driver.
He was not travelling very fast.
He observed people yelling at him and attempting to stop him.
He sped away, fearing for his life.
Because of this he drove straight to the nearest police station, where-upon exiting his car found this man caught in his rear bumper.
With half his brain ground off.
In seeing the crowd approaching, now very angry, he quickly ran to the safety of the police station.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 21 June 2018 10:04:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy