The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Men are better than women at what?

Men are better than women at what?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Dear Suze,

I'm so pleased that I'm not the only
David Beckham fan.

Mind you, I love Dawn French as well,
but only not topless. I've got the
"Vicar of Dibley," series on DVD.
It sill makes me laugh out loud.

Dear Cornflower,

If your book club wants another good
book to read and discuss, I can strongly
recommend "Alzheimer's: A love story,"
by Vivienne Ulman. It's totally different
from Dawn French of course - but its a
very moving book and well worth a read.

I just remembered a few other things men are
better at than women:

Reading maps.
Growing beards and facial hair.
Men are better chefs,
morticians, and forensic scientists.
(don't know why).
Men are better at telling jokes.
Men are better hairdressers.
Men are better masseusses.
(perhaps it's the strong hands?).
Men are better personal trainers.

I'll think of more later...
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 18 May 2010 9:01:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
<<Men are better masseusses>>
How does that work?
Posted by Proxy, Tuesday, 18 May 2010 10:08:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FOXY!! NO MORE!! LOL! Stop being kind leading the blokes on, particularly those who dont personally or professionally know any Forensic Scientists!! The females are on par and excellent in this field and would you believe my hairdresser is studying to be a Forensic Scientist at present; like me, a true Scorpio on the cusp of Sag.

Not had a massage Foxy therefore take your word for this one. One of my sibling's is a Chef [my older sister though cooks better than him, yet he owns highly acclaimed and receives rave reviews on his restaurants] all this in good humour Foxy, and you would be right with the ratio Foxy here, as the cooking industry is still trying to build up and 'retain' the qualified female chefs within the industry, therefore more longer term male Chefs owning businesses here.

I communicate and interact better with females in every day life generally and therefore double over in pain when women tell me jokes or hilarious stories [that's just me though] - stemming from shared interests and experiencing similar things
Posted by we are unique, Tuesday, 18 May 2010 10:58:32 PM
Dear Proxy,

How does it work?

It's not something I can describe.
You have to try it for yourself!

Dear We Are Unique,

Glad that I made you laugh!
You're an absolute delight yourself!
So positive - always!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 18 May 2010 11:04:17 PM
thanks for the feedback CJ and apologies for interrupting the banter, but what i find of concern on this topic is that full on misogynist male militias are holding the world to ransom, not to mention that nature has gone feral, as blokes prance around in parliaments performing for the attention of women while achieving nothing more than making things worse.
male competition in the form of chest thumping stonewalling for the attention of sarah palin and julie bishop, in particular, has brought the legislatures of two nations to a grinding halt.
this is not the way to deal with bands of male insurgents or the end of the world as we know it.
men need to get their act together in men's councils to come up with strategies to run by women's councils to cull the outright dumb from the awesome genius.
there is no other way to counter what we're confronted with right now which will succeed.
somewhere in this process is the essence of what is male and what is female.
nothing more and nothing less than the optimum utilisation of available resources will do.
Posted by whistler, Tuesday, 18 May 2010 11:55:42 PM
Foxy

Vivienne Ulman was on Life Matters and I was surprised to learn that her father started Gloweave shirts. I don't remember much else but will have a look for her book. Tks.
Posted by Cornflower, Wednesday, 19 May 2010 10:40:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All