The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Whites must embrace what is right

Whites must embrace what is right

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
meredith,
I don't remember commenting on the Rev's speech.
Yet you presumptuously lump me with others. Not that I mind being lumped in with people as generous of spirit as Foxy. As for the “Co” I’m intrigued as to who you mean. I’m reasonably sure that any one of them would be able to point to any number of substantial differences making lumping a perilously inaccurate undertaking.

I think you’ll find that in other posts I said your COMMENTS appeared or were racist. There is a whole world of difference! I also suggested that you do more research and think about the consequences of your pronouncements. Your post was proof of that.

I respond to you as a person not as some artificial ideological stereotype. I think it fair that you do the same for me. It isn’t that I’m thin skinned (sensitive) it is just that there is far too much assumptive nonsense which has such a limiting effect on discussions.

As a point of fact I would be curious where you got your figures from that says Americans are predominately not racist?

Racism and prejudice is rampant virtually institutionalized in many US states.

I also don’t believe that the rev’s speech offended those who are genuinely not racist.
Those that voted for the toxic shrub and his insidious cohorts’ (read their articles on the American Institute web site dated prior to coming into power.) replacement are those who feel they’ve lost something and are resentful (read some of their web sites).

As for the rev’s speech it’s self, it was in a context and as such not being an American and an amount of emancipated elation is understandable.

Personally, I was under whelmed by its rhetoric (same ole same ole) and predicable hype. I wait to see what Obama does before passing judgement.
I also remember other white presidential speeches with similar contexts from way back.

PS I don’t fit any stereo typical mould.
Posted by examinator, Sunday, 25 January 2009 12:46:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Examinator,

All I said was I said you believed it meant something different to me. No need to have a heart attack.

I believe white people are in the majority very decent, so deal with it...

Also me and a lot of others think that racist line was a really off thing to say... That you guys can't handle that says pretty sad stuff about your beliefs in freedom not mine.

Just a gentle reminder... Racism is racism, and your sticking up for it.

Col,
Thanks for that support... Seems, I may have tipped a few tempers here.
Posted by meredith, Sunday, 25 January 2009 1:06:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PS, Examinator,

One thing in your post really sticks out to me:

" I also don’t believe that the rev’s speech offended those who are genuinely not racist. "

Do white people have no right to offense?

Why are we meant to take rude little racist hits on the chin when other colours aren't expected to put up with it?

Don't you think that is racist in itself
Posted by meredith, Sunday, 25 January 2009 1:11:02 PM
Meredith “Col, Thanks for that support... Seems, I may have tipped a few tempers here.”
You are most welcome.

On the topic of racism, you will find racists project their insecurities and see “racism” in the views of reasonable folk whilst falsely claiming to interpret from others the very thing they are actually “closeted” about.

Conversely, real people, like you and I, are sufficiently whole as to not jump to such conclusions simply because someone expresses a view which does not pander to the expectations fixated on by the 'politically correct'.

btw, Examinator has told me too, how virtuous he is.
Posted by Col Rouge, Sunday, 25 January 2009 1:27:07 PM
Examinator,

Your right actually you hadn't posted in this string and I confused you with TRTL, which I do a bit, and I'm sorry for that.

You've posted now though and put forth opinions and when I said I thought you weren't supporting the speech in a racist manner, sadly I was wrong too, your quite clear that you think whites are the most racist... even when they vote a black man in as their Pres.

Anyway I'll be out of posts after this... So have a think about judging all colours equally and best of luck with it
Posted by meredith, Sunday, 25 January 2009 2:22:28 PM
Meredith,
No heart attack, no anger… It’s a pity you don’t read what is written, think, plan your response rather than scan and react. As evidenced by the several bites at answering me. None of which showed any sign that you either read or understood what I was saying.

I did NOT say whites are more racist than blacks. My guess is that it would be about the 6 of one ½ dozen of the other.

I DID challenge your assertions that whites were predominantly non racist and white racism is “outmoded thinking.” You then added in your response “I believe” that I would accept.

I DID point out that racism is virtually institutionalized in many states which is demonstrably so. See Florida et al electoral role, the strategic placement of booths etc. Mississippi ignoring white on black violence. KKK , Aryan Nation et al.

I said " I also don’t believe that the rev’s speech offended those who are genuinely not racist. " you answered
Do white people have no right to offense? ( I think you mean offence as in offended) Yes but logically or grammatically that doesn’t relate to my statement unless you’re asking if racist whites have a right to be offended. Then the answer is more complex.

You said “Why are WE (my emphasis) meant to take rude little racist hits on the chin when other colours aren't expected to put up with it?”
No that would be unfair.
However if you’re not racist or frightened that you might be, you would automatically assume it was directed to someone else who was and therefore my statement holds.
The “we” intrigues me? You’re not an American. I therefore surmise your offence is emotional/ideological motivated .

Then you said “Don't you think that is racist in itself?”. Logically No that would be unfair. In context I don’t accept that the comment was racist.

I suggest we leave it as that we agree to disagree no biggy
Posted by examinator, Sunday, 25 January 2009 6:20:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All