The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Whites must embrace what is right

Whites must embrace what is right

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All
meredith: << I believe white people are in the majority very decent, so deal with it... >>

If poor meredith had omitted the "white" bit, it would go a long way to support her claim not to be racist.

<< Why are we meant to take rude little racist hits on the chin when other colours aren't expected to put up with it? >>

I don't supppose the angry little dear has any idea of how much racist ideology is contained in that sad question. Like I said, completely in the closet.

A final tip: if you've got Col Rouge supporting you, it's a pretty good indication that you've abandoned the world of universal human rights, understanding and mutual respect. If you walk like a duck, talk like a duck, and keep the company of ducks... etc.

You closet racists quack me up.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 25 January 2009 9:26:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Examinator,

Glad your not having a heart attack there’s not enough posts in the day for that if these big complex posts are you being calm.

“We” is white, there are white people all over the world not just America.

That was a racist comment towards white people. It is not a mistake a presidential speech level writer would make either it was intentional. Many white people will be offended. Simple.

Examinator, you said, “However if you’re not racist or frightened that you might be, you would automatically assume it was directed to someone else who was and therefore my statement holds.”

You can’t be serious that if one reacts to an accusation of racism one is guilty?

You’re a good debater, because your wordy. I feel you could well claim victory by some mistake over phrasing etc where as the real matters… the racist comment will fall by the wayside, lost to a technical point, or distracted on some lesser side issue .

I have sat on this thread because the assumption that it’s ok to call white people racist or bigoted etc is one of my utter most pet hates … Is this pet hate guilt in your eyes? I have basically just refuted any defence of the racist comment and stuck up for whites.

I agree it is different values and ways of thinking in general and pointless to try and change each other.

CJ
The reference to white is from Lowrie not me.

Closet racists? I think that's just a chance to be abusive and name call for you... What ever criteria you have for racism in your brain doesn’t make sense to me or many others.

I'm not going to respond to you again, until I see some actual ideas and comprehension beyond name calling
Posted by meredith, Monday, 26 January 2009 9:58:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The conclusion to Reverend Lowry's speech was a simple rhyme (poetic licence?) - I don't understand why any white would find anything in it to be offended.

"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back...
when brown can stick around...
when yellow will be mellow....
when the red man can get ahead, man...
and when white will embrace what is right.
Let all those who do justice and love mercy say amen."

Sheesh, where are all the 'yellow' people complaining about being told to chill out?

Major storm in thimble, people. More important issues to discuss like achieving a sustainable economy.
Posted by Fractelle, Monday, 26 January 2009 11:05:45 AM
Fractelle,
For a Christian man who stands for reconciliation to place value judgments on people based on the colour of their skin and deliberately reconstruct emotive past issuse that divided America is not wisdom. He should have been representing all Americans with new hope and unity; as has Obama. Instead he preferred to identify colour difference and place value judgments on people based in their colour. This is not a small matter as far as American history is concerned, he incited difference, rather than unify all peoples in a future with hope. Of course most White Americans will not be offended, but it gives Blacks a verbal taunt to use gainst Whites, "Whites are not right".
Posted by Philo, Monday, 26 January 2009 12:46:03 PM
Philo

You, as a christian, are very judgemental.

I deliberately quoted the entire rhyme as I believe to take a single line out of it is to take it out of context. As has been done by some very fragile whites on this site.

I think you need a little song to calm you down:

It is called "Mellow Yellow" and I am sure no Orientals will be offended.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HCCjv2OiTxE&feature=related

Peace and love to all.
Posted by Fractelle, Monday, 26 January 2009 1:16:51 PM
Fractelle,

A racist jab is a really irresponsible thing for a presidential inauguration, especially when a black man had been voted in by a majority white country.

And a professional speech writer would of course know the potential offense it could cause, that is their job.

Back in the begging of the thread this is talked about in more depth.
Posted by meredith, Monday, 26 January 2009 1:26:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy