The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia, do Nicole Kidmann and Hugh Jackson support Animal Cruelty and Live Animal Exports?

Australia, do Nicole Kidmann and Hugh Jackson support Animal Cruelty and Live Animal Exports?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
PALE, I'm sorry, but you are sure not attracting anyone to your cause with this thread. These are the reasons:-

1. Everyone has tried to point out that this was nothing more than a movie, and it probably had no hidden agenda in promoting the live export trade. You need to see if for what it was, even if some scenes were less than tasteful. Give the wider public the credit for recognising the difference between fantasy and reality.

2. Do you seriously think you would ever get a response to your questions from Nicole Kidman or Hugh Jackman? For heavens sake, you overestimate the reach of this Forum, excellent as it is.

3. People have tried to convince you of all this, and pointed out that mis-spelling names and misquoting people does not help your cause or your credibility but you continue to do so (I think you meant Holmes a Court not Lercourt, for example). Nor does insulting everyone who disagrees with you.

4. Your obscure links do not point to anything that backs up your statements. Whatever happpened with AWB and with Anne MacDonald has not registered on anyone's radar, and never will. There would be reasons for that.

5. For all species except cattle, the numbers of animals exported has decreased - you never point that out.

The best advice I can give at this point is that you admit you put this up in the heat of the moment, and that it was, at best, misguided. That will probably be it for me on this thread, because it can go nowhere in terms of rational discussion.

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Thursday, 18 December 2008 6:05:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nicky

'Not on the Radar.
I know its not on your Radar n because you were not present at the meeting.

Actually TBO I think that is the real problem once again

Just like you all raved pale was crazy working with Muslim, Leaders- Only to then try to sneak in the back door and disrupt everything the lawyers had put together.

That was shameful

Now Nicky this may come as a shock to you but we are not try to get a response from Nicole for god sake.

There is nothing she could say to make things different. Actions speak louder than words. So lets juast wait and see if Her Ranch exports Live Animals- Shall we?

That really was the point of opening this thread.
I was very fair and did not disclose that. Dickey did.

Now If Nicole ISNT involved in the cruel live animal trade deown the track Nicky pale we happily apoligise.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 18 December 2008 6:54:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PALE, I don't know of anyone who "raved (or even mentioned, in fact) that PALE was crazy working with Muslim leaders". It is extraordinarily difficult to determine who was at whatever meeting you refer to, because you seem to expect everyone to recognise the obscure names you come up with (for example, who on earth is Alan?), and there is no date given for any such meeting apparently having been held. One minute you claim Hugh Wirth expressed support for live exports, the next minute he doesn't.

So basically everyone is completely in the dark about your allegations. And just how do you plan to find out if Kidman is involved in the live export trade?

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Thursday, 18 December 2008 7:04:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*who on earth is Alan?)*

Alan RSPCA President UK

,* and there is no date given for any such meeting apparently having been held.*

Ok Nicky I will when I get time goes back and gives you the exact date. Just for you mind you.

One minute you claim Hugh Wirth expressed support for live exports, the next minute he doesn't.*

I was just telling you what Anne said.

In the beginning all we ever heard about Hugh was moans and groans.

So we decided to check out a few things for ourselves.

I am telling you what Anne said and nothing more.

That WAS= QUOTE!!

Hugh and Allan (two days prior) to 'our meeting ET with Peter and pledged their ongoing support for live exports. UNQUOTE!

Then I pointed out that was the “same week the national campaign was launched to ban live exports by RSPCA National.?

Now if that’s confusing then I can’t help it. I didn’t write the script Anne did.

I thought by sharing this with you it might make more sense to you than us TBO.

*So basically everyone is completely in the dark about your allegations.*

No Nicky that’s not correct. It was passed on to someone we both know and respect who took it very seriously. Not long after he resigned very quietly as President if you remember.
However it must have been cleared up I suppose because Hugh was put up as head of Handle with Care – wasn’t he?

*And just how do you plan to find out if Kidman is involved in the live export trade?*

Dear Nicky
You’re not going to like my reply but honestly if we can expose Wes farmers and AWB I don’t think we will have too much trouble with Nice TBO.

HOWEVER it is possibly she will want to get onboard with the aboriginal programme put to Elders New Manager.
I hope s
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Friday, 19 December 2008 12:04:24 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PALE, really, that is almost totally indecipherable and tells us absolutely nothing. But do go on making a big deal about old news if it makes you happy.

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Thursday, 1 January 2009 12:05:03 AM
Nicky
It appears your in one of your moods again. Thats ok you just take it out on pale.

You requested to know whom Allan was - I replied he was the President of RSPCA UK.
On the other thread you have blasted pale for not offering to take up the WA case.
Well Nicky hears some more news. A Lawyer did speak to Glenyse and offered to assist. He has the best QC available but she did not get back to him as promised.

Also I might add as well that five years ago or so ( not long after PALE was formed) we offered to run a Federal Court case to bring about changes to the Animal Welfare act.

At the time we had the X Crimes Commissioner and two heavy weight QCs prepaired to help.
The RSPCA QLD CEO was all for it and offered to assist by opening a trust account for people to donate towards the case- (if they wished.)

We didnt want to only rely on Hugh for background to brief the council and being new we didnt have ALL the records required.

So we asked Glenyse of Animals Australia would she help brief the council and assist us with old records.
We wrote to her inviting her to QLD and to accomadate herself and another at our expense so she could meet the lawyers team.

Glenyse replied in a long letter explaining that she never came to QLD etc..
Three weeks later she was in Brisbane and Animal Welfare groups had a meeting with Andrew according to Silvia (A Member)

At that meeting there was a retired barrister( again according to Silvia) and they were all discussing whether or not this could be done= A Court case could be put together against the Government regarding Animal Welfare.

We were NOT contacted

- So go figure Ah!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 1 January 2009 7:10:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All