The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia, do Nicole Kidmann and Hugh Jackson support Animal Cruelty and Live Animal Exports?

Australia, do Nicole Kidmann and Hugh Jackson support Animal Cruelty and Live Animal Exports?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
PALE, as you know I support your fight against live export but quite frankly you have lost the plot on this one.

And not one mention of the roo that they shot for dinner. Dead set 'piss cutter' I thought!
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 29 November 2008 8:13:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub
Yeh maybe I have... but can anybody tell me how that justifies spending millions to promote Australia NOW.

Maybe examinator, was right when he or she said

*Pick on the movie and take a stand against the movie if you wish. (Take advice from a life time cause monger) think it through first.*

It t was in bloody poor taste. People say don’t forget it was a story about the history back then etc... I was so dammed cranky and surprised she`d play certain Scenes.

I used to really like her. Movie or no Movie I wouldn’t take those Scenes on because it would be deeply against my principles

Right when we need it. Australia needs all the tourism they can get coming into such difficult times.

*And not one mention of the roo that they shot for dinner. Dead set 'piss cutter' I thought!*

Don’t start me on the Roo. That was disgusting. It was completely unnecessary. A couple of young ones were crying behind us after that.
All together I cant see how shooting Roo`s as Tourism Australia is going to have people rushing over here either.
Antje ran out refusing everybody’s attempts to get her to come back.

We all know how the international tourists *love Australians Kangaroos
Shooting Roos – Live Exports. That’s not the image we want to promote Australia by.
Maybe Nicole is a victim here more than anything else but we are all responsible for what we promote- surely.

PS Don’t forget to let us know when you put your hand up for PM.
A real live butcher just might out smart the old live exporter by value adding and creating employment for the aboriginal and regional area people :)
Now wouldn’t that make a good movie for Australia!

So what are you doing- Let’s make our Own Movie! Might be a tad interesting to add a few ‘facts’ and ‘figures’ ah.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 29 November 2008 9:24:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It appears that Nicole has been inspired by her role in the movie since she and Keith have bought a cattle ranch in Australia - reportedly for the sum of $6.5 million.

It remains to be seen if they intend to operate in the normal fashion, deemed acceptable by our cattle barons, for rouseabouts to perform ovarectomies on cattle without the benefit of pain-relievers or anaesthetics.

Nevertheless, as the empire builders would tell us: "it's the economy stoopid" and several of our cattle barons hit Australia's rich list this year.

Yippee...........yahoo!
Posted by dickie, Sunday, 30 November 2008 12:15:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Warning:

About to point out bleeding obvious:

'Australia' is a film directed by Baz Luhrman

not

Ken Loach.

PALEIF you are becoming a clone of Poly/Boaz. Pick a valid topic like continual erosion of natural ecosystems due to over farming or clear felling. Not a piece of overblown fantasy!
Posted by Fractelle, Sunday, 30 November 2008 12:51:01 PM
PALEIF
Could you give it a rest, it was just a movie after all.

I suppose you and your ilk will start bullying the actors and director to see things your way, you normally do.

If you really want change, start offering up real alternatives, instead of saying, give it up or else. All that does is alienate certain parts of the community.

Believe what you will, you are entitled, but quit trying to force everyone into your way of thinking.
Posted by Acanthus, Sunday, 30 November 2008 4:06:04 PM
While I think that (although I haven't seen the movie) certain scenes would appear to have been in very poor taste, Pelican has a point. Do we accuse those who appeared in the "Rabbitproof Fence" of transgressions against Aboriginal people? Movies are movies. In some cases they show things we ought to know about, as did that one (which I did see). "Barbecue-area" (not sure of the spelling was another excellent one.

I have noticed that many television productions ("Rain Shadow" is one) also make a statement that "no animal was harmed during (its) production". Interestingly, one episode of "Rain Shadow" had the wealthy sheep owner trying to get his OJD afflicted sheep onto a live export ship.

Conversely, SBS recently showed, in a cooking program, an octopus being boiled alive over a protracted period, and a carp being beaten to death. Complaints elicited the response (after they classified them into "formal" and non-formal" complaints in their first letter) that it was in deference to "multiculturalism". Just what we need to embrace in Australia, more cruelty.

Hugh Jackman has an affiliation with at least one of the animal welfare organisations (don't know which one, but I have seen his name at the website). Gotta say that I've never thought Kidman had much between the ears though; she probably wouldn't have been anyone if she hadn't married (and got divorced by) the nutter Scientologist, that was the smartest thing she ever did. Money speaks all languages, we know that.

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Sunday, 30 November 2008 5:19:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All