The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia, do Nicole Kidmann and Hugh Jackson support Animal Cruelty and Live Animal Exports?

Australia, do Nicole Kidmann and Hugh Jackson support Animal Cruelty and Live Animal Exports?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Hugh Jackman should hang his head in shame for his part in the X Men films. Making fun of wolves by pretending to partially turn into one is humiliating for wolves.

President Bartlett should put a stop to this sort of thing immediately.
Posted by chainsmoker, Saturday, 29 November 2008 11:45:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PALEIF

Your hit list is expanding.

Scientists, men, and now actors.

Who next, Hair dressers?
Posted by Democritus, Saturday, 29 November 2008 12:47:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
Normally I would agree, however perhaps you were unaware this film has our Tourism funds invested and is to promote Tourism to this country.
To top it off, on the very day, the film was lodged, Nicole gave an interview, telling the world she wanted Sunday Rose (odd name) to be raised in US and have a nice Yankee accent.

She’s entitled to raise her child wherever she wishes, but surely given the fact, the film was produced to promote Tourism to Australia that was less than loyal, to the film or her home land Australia

Each of us must make moral and conscious judgements.

When Actors disregard something as politically wide spread as Live Animal Exports –(no matter how small the part )or that its only pretending it doesn’t say a great deal for the person’s character.

Its more likely Nicole hasn’t given this issue any thought.

Her performance was IMO superficial and disappointing.

The only thing that was tacky about the film was a blatant attempt to support the cruel live animal trade and the fact Nicole didn’t seem to care.
I don’t think it was a wise career move when you consider Pink and Pamela just to mention a few are so very active in their work to fight for Animal Welfare issues and back in the good old USA.

An incredibly sneaky attempt also by the Australian Government promoting Australia as Live animal Exporters and making it all look romantic and adventures.

Poor Judgement on both Tourism Australia and Nicole which hasn`t gone unnoticed by those with a deep moral commitment to our Australian Farm Animals.

You would love the aboriginal cast however Foxy and the little boy who played his role.

Certainly a win for our Aboriginal People. The talent of those unknown actors makes one wonder if we shouldn`t forget the big names and cast locals on all Australian film.

There is certainly some untapped talent in our Aboriginal People.

We hope to see a lot more of it
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 29 November 2008 1:11:04 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear PALE&IF,

Thanks for explaining your views
as to why
you're taking the stand that
you are on this film.

I admit that I haven't seen it.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 29 November 2008 1:27:06 PM
PALAE
Just in Case you hadn't noticed this was a movie. Set in a certain time and context where these practices take place.

Your piece are about as relevant as as accusing Charlton Heston of supporting mass murder because of his depiction of Moses (the Ten Commandments) where he released the sea drowning all those poor Egyptian soldiers who were only following orders.

You seem to be proposing that we should censor bits from movies about reality.

But the most inappropriate part of your post is that you piggy back off the actor's fame to proffer an unsubstantiated ad hominem attack on the actors as people. I'd warn you about Libel.

Especially since it is unlikely that anyone of them will resond.
Your topic is a genuine one worthy of discussion but this post simply makes both you and your cause look silly. Take a stand against the movie if you wish (take advice from a life time cause monger) think it through first.
Posted by examinator, Saturday, 29 November 2008 3:53:51 PM
Examinator

I have taken your points onboard.

I can only say how ‘we’ saw it. Interestingly there were others making similar comments leaving the theatre
I am also a person and entitled to express my views.

*You seem to be proposing that we should censor bits from movies about reality.*

Plenty of actors less famous than her have refused to do certain scenes because it went against their own moral views.

Mostly they are changed or left out. It’s not normally a huge deal and it happens all the time. In fact we have made two American Movies at our property over the last few years and there has never been a problem re writing something to fit in for whatever reason.

No I am not proposing we censor bits of movies / I am however pointing out that myself and others who went to see this particular movie we were rather taken back and curious as to why she agreed to do those particular scenes.

Lets face it this is Nicole Kidmann and if she didn’t want to do the small part of holding the iron onto an animal it would have been either left on the cutting floor or somebody else would have branded the cow.

Cattle could still have been mustered and chased across the river BUT the rather pointed and unnecessary beating of cattle with sticks chasing them up a ramp onto a live export ship was IMO not tasteful.

This Movie has millions of dollars invested as our Tourism attraction. Do you know how many people utterly oppose live exports? I guess those ones won’t be coming any time soon.

As a citizen of Australia I strongly object to this country being promoted world wide as supporting live animal exports.
The reason I made the comment in the first place is=

*This Movie WAS produced as a Promotion for Australia Tourism*
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 29 November 2008 6:35:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy