The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 16.10 2008 News Live Export Agents = memory lane Awards and Dinner.

16.10 2008 News Live Export Agents = memory lane Awards and Dinner.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Happy to contact MR Dyer leaving this thread free for Dickie or anybody else who wants to make a sensible comment.

He still lays awake worried by what he saw he told the RSPCA QLD CEO at a meeting.

' I am away for a while. I hope Dickie will have time to post here on some of the "memories" involved in the live animal trade export ships that these guys just handed themselves awards for.

Anybody who would approve of such treatment of our Australian animals isnt worth two bob.

The Live exports industry is unnessary- cruel and shouldnt be tolerated.

Once again Good on Lyn White who clearly should be handed the reins regarding Anmal Welfare and shame on MLA and Elders Landmark AWB.+

Here are a few more shipping agents that are on the list.

I encourage everybody to write to these people and encourage them to use their contacts to introduce their clients overseas direct to Aussie farmers and for halal farmers and abattoirs together here in Australia.

I will post more deatils to contact people involved in the live animal shipping agents on my return.

Company Name Address
Bustan International P/L Mr Clinton Conden 39 Mt Ida Ave Hawthorne East, V 3123

Al Makairish Australia P/L Dr Rafie Ibrahim GPO Box 17 North Adelaide SA 5006

Corral Line P/L Mt Henrick Nissen PO Box 760, Chatswood, NSW 2057

Dens-Ocean P/L Mr Bent Skjalierup PO Box 655, Chatswood, NSW 2057

Fares Group Mr Graham Haldenby PO Box 464 Fremantle WA 6959

Fares Rural Co P/L Mr Peter Lang PO Box 464 Fremantle WA 6959

Housing Inspections & Assess. Ms Rosanna Ransley 20 Barong Rd Kincumber NSW 2251

Labroy Marine P/L Mr Chris Rooney PO Box 38074 Winnellie NT 0821

Livestock Shipping Services Ms Anna Gibbney PO Box 1441 South Perth WA 6951

Nine Holdings P/L Mr Sid Faithfull PO Box 6755 Cairns Q 4870

Rural Export & Trading (WA) Mr Mike Kiely PO Box 1362 West Perth WA 6872
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 23 October 2008 3:46:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Anybody wishing to contact shipping agents for live animals we encourage to write to these companies with suggestions on alternatives to this trade.

Vroon Australia Mr Nick Den Heijer 3?15 Emplacement Crec Hamilton Hill WA 6163

Wellard Rural Exports P/L Mr Steve Meerwald PO Box 796 Fremantle WA 6160

AAA Livestock Services Mr Angus Adnam PO Box 1108 Milton Qld 4064

Accordia Nominees P/L Mr Kerry Haddleton PO Box 434 Nedlands WA 6009

Alamco P/L � Universal Farm Trade Mr Omar Abdullah PO Box 7144 Cloisters Perth WA 6850

RAB Australia P/L Mr Warwick Ashby Private Mail Bag 6003 Albury NSW 2640

Rangers Valley Cattle Station P/L Mr Malcolm Foster Rangers Valley Glen Innes NSW 2370

Richards-Maurah P/L Mr Tony Struss PO Box 265 Clermont Qld 4721

Roberts Limited Mr Miles Hampton PO Box 656G Launceston Tas 7250

Samex Australian Meat Co P/L Mr Viv Burton GPO Box 1425 Adelaide SA 5001

Surburton Livestock Export P/L Ms Carolyn Young PO Box 34 Condah Vic 3303

Teskera Livestock Export P/L Mr Anton Teskera RMB 1581 Mt Terrick Rd Echuca Vic 3564

Brunei Meat Export Co P/L Mr Gadafi Mokti PO Box 37171 Winnellie NT 0821

Tipperary Exports P/L Mr Ned McCord TMB 39 Winnellie NT 0821
Top End Livestock Export P/L Mr Allan Woods PO Box 416 Thuringowa Central, Qld 4817

Waterloo Land & Livestock Co P/L Mr John Quintana GPO Box 435 Darwin NT 0801

Westfarmers Landmark Ltd Mr Mark Barton PO Box 491 Wagga Wagga NSW 2650

Westholme Wagyu P/L Mr Don Nichol PO Box 1140 Kenmore Qld 4069

Yancroft P/L Mr Lu PO Box 363 Toowoomba Qld 4066
James Commodity Exports P/L Mr David James PO Box 1114 Nedlands WA 6909

Company Name Address
JC Kaus T/A SE Asian Livestock Services Mr Sid Parker 5 Nelson St Stuart Park NT 0802

Jupiter Marine (Aust) P/L Mr Eid Samir 19 Kalang Crt Patters on Lakes Vic 3197
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 23 October 2008 3:54:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi all
As a matter of curiosity and following Dickie's post about Emanuels and Mr Daws, I did a bot of an analysis of the mortality reports that are available at the DAFF website. By my calculations, in the period between November 2004 and June 2008, almost 22,000 sheep have died on their voyages alone. They also commonly use the old of the ships; the 'Al Kuwait' (41 years old and an old oil tanker), the 'Al Messilah' (38 years old and an old car transporter), the 'Al Shuwaikh' (23 years old, and most likely an old oil tanker) and the 'Merino (aka Cormo) Express', (30 years old and another old vehicle transporter).

The 'Al Shuwaikh', the 'Al Messilah' and the the 'Merino Express' (whose name was hastily changed after the 'Cormo Express' disaster in 2003) all have 'excessive mortality' investigations behind them. The "Al Kuwait'. 'Al Messilah' and 'Al Shuwaikh' are mentioned in Hansard several times as being vessels of choice for human deserters (makes you wonder how bad things are for the animals). Some have been detained in Australian ports for serious defects.

As for general mortality statistics, the 'collateral damage' (animals who die just on the ships) is 40,000 and rising each year despite less animals being exported. In the years that these statistics have been available, more than 2.6 animals have died at the tender mercy of the third world crews of these old wrecks.

And no, that's nowhere near the end of the misery and suffering, it's far worse for the survivors as Dickie has shown. What we saw on 'A Current Affair' was nowhere near the worst of it.

According to the Meat Workers' Union 40,000 jobs have been lost as a direct result of this trade. Meanwhile KLTT (Kuwait Livestock Transport and Trading, looking at its website, appears to be a worldwide exporter of meat products, most likely from Australian animals sent there.

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Monday, 27 October 2008 6:33:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More recent sheep 'mortality incidents'

The Becrux maiden voyage - claimed the best animal welfare standards, carried 60,000 sheep and 1,995 cattle from Portland Victoria to Saudi Arabia. 1,400 sheep and 880 cattle died after the vessel met high temperatures (45deg+) and humidity in the Arabian Gulf .

In July and August 4 shipments of sheep recorded high death rates, and a total of 15,156 sheep died during the voyage and discharge phases. Cormo Express: 1064 sheep died, Corriedale Express: 6119 sheep died, Al Shuwaikh: 5,800 sheep died, and Al Messilah: 2173 sheep died. AMSA/AFFA and AQIS conducted 4 enquiries. At least one ship, the Al Shuwaikh, was allowed to load more sheep in September and leave for the ME before any reports were completed. A further 2,304 (3%) sheep died.

Saudi Arabia rejected the Cormo Express with 57000 sheep in August, and it was late October before Eritrea agreed to offload them. 10%, around 6,000 sheep, died during the three month-long voyage. Australia suspended all live export to Saudi Arabia until mid 2005)

The Maysora was delayed fully laden with 80,000 sheep in Fremantle harbour when engine problems occurred. No animal welfare authorities were alerted.

In February 2006 the Al Messilah loaded 786 cattle in Portland (Vic.), and then loaded 71,309 sheep in Devonport (Tasmania) for the trip to several Middle East countries including Kuwait. Thousands of sheep were rejected prior to loading due to 'pink eye' infections and other problems. 1683 (2.36%) of the sheep died - from heat stress, failure to eat, exacerbated by pink eye and other problems.

2007 The Maysora arrived in Eilat Israel in November and a consignment of sheep was rejected - reportedly due to a suspected scabby mouth outbreak in sheep from an earlier voyage on the Bader III. Some of the sheep were offloaded in nearby Jordan and others (approximately 40,000) were unexpectedly taken to Egypt and killed during the Eid Al Adha festival. 862 sheep died on the month long voyage (under the reportable death rate).

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Monday, 27 October 2008 6:49:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you so much for that information Nicky.

The following aticles were published in the West this month.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find any comments in those aticles that would lead me to believe the growers of live exports plan to cease this ugly trade, despite the Australian public's outrage:

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuId=2&ContentID=103066

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=146&ContentID=104667
Posted by dickie, Tuesday, 28 October 2008 10:43:06 AM
Hello everyone

Thanks for those facts and dates Nicky Dickey. I dont post much anymore as you both know but had to have my two bobs worth on this thread.

I thought there would be a lot more comments on this link but anyway. I will say unless other animal welfare organisations join pale in their work with Muslim leaders and farmers to put up a united programe to the Australian Government to faqze out live exports it wont change Dickey I agree.

It looks like Lyn White is on the right track getting one of the Muslim Leaders to say something however.

Isnt that woman fantasic.

I love Lyn White.

God bless her.
Posted by TarynW, Wednesday, 29 October 2008 5:58:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy