The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine-Jordan generates gerrymander and injustice > Comments

Palestine-Jordan generates gerrymander and injustice : Comments

By David Singer, published 5/8/2009

Any attempt to strip a current citizen of his citizenship rights in Jordan should be universally condemned.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
What the same as the Israeli push to strip arabs, who dont sign an oath of loyalty, of their citizenship should be condemned?

Why do you continue to arrogantly tell other countries what they can and cant be. If Jordanians consider themselves "not palestinians" who the f#$k are you to tell them otherwise?

The single greatest obstacle to peace is not palestinians admitting they are really jordanians but israel not admitting it is an expansionist, genocidal, ethnic cleansing, theocracy that wants all the land west of the jordan river and will stop at nothing to obsfucate and lie about it while they build their "facts on the ground".
Posted by mikk, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 11:18:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another load of old cobblers from one of the Israeli apologists and propagandists who write articles on these forums,I don't see anything about the brutal expulsion of Palestinians from the homes in East Jerusalem for the past 50 to 100yrs.
So the Israeli Govt can expand it illegal settlements,until Israeli returns to the 67 lines,and dismantle all the settlements which are on stolen Palestinian land,don't see anything by Mr Singer and rampant land theft or the attacks by the settlers on Palestinians,till these stop,and both side give up violence people like Singer are able to get away with making up history.
I was reading about people like Singer who may or may not be part of an Israeli Govt group formed during the Gaza war to search out forums and defend or gild the lily about the Israeli Govt
Posted by John Ryan, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 11:42:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David,

Are you trying to emulate Josef Gobbels?

According to Wikipedia he was the originator of the belief if a lie was audacious enough and repeated enough it would be believed by the masses.

Sadly for you David people who read OLO aren't Gobbels masses.

Also according to Wikipedia he wrote.

'It is not propaganda’s task to be intelligent, its task is to lead to success.'
and
'... claiming that Germany's belligerent actions were taken in self-defense.'

The military Junta running Israel in it's operations against the Palestinians has some things in common with the Nazi's operations against the Jews.
Posted by keith, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 3:56:02 PM
# Mikk, Frank Ryan, and Keith

You all seem to display one common factor - attacking me personally and ignoring the factual statements and content of my article.

This indicates either
(i)an inability to rationally discuss the article or
(ii)an acceptance of the accuracy of its content
I doubt from the tenor of all your comments that it is the latter.

So what do you find offensive or incorrect in the article? I am happy to discuss anything you care to specifically address in the article.

#Mikk

You misread my article. I quoted statements from Arab leaders saying there is no difference between a Palestinian and a Jordanian,that they are one and the same people. I happen to agree with that view. Do you? If not, what is the difference between them and on what evidence do you base your opinion?
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 5 August 2009 7:51:30 PM
well you are an apologist and propagandist for Israel,you never mention the Settlers killing Palestinians,the eviction of the Family's from east Jerusalem so that a bunch or religious jews could move in and seal more land.
You seem to think the Israel is entitled to the West Bank and Gaza,and you seem to be in the same boat as the bunch who believe in ersatz Israel
So where have I misjudged you if you swim like a duck quack like a duck you must be a duck,or a member of the Israeli agitprop dept formed during the Gaza war,whose members I have found on another forum while the war(massacre)was going on.
Nothing personal in it with me
Posted by John Ryan, Thursday, 6 August 2009 12:24:34 AM
'...the West Bank - which it (Jordan)occupied between 1948-1967 until it was lost to Israel in the Six Day War.'

The West Bank has never been Israeli nor Jordan land. It was originally part of the Ottoman Empire. After WWI it was allocated to the British Mandated, PALESTINE. (Consider the later UN created states of Jordan and Israel were also part of the Palestine). It's never been recognised by the world community as part of Israel or Jordan. It's citizens have never been recognised by the world community as anything other than Palestinians.

You are arguing that as the West Bank was won by Jordan in 1948 it's citizens are Jordanians. In fact it was only occupied by Jordan. It was never won from anybody. The people who lived there owned the place not the Jordanians.

Yet you seem to be proclaiming it as Israeli because it was 'won' by Israel but you won't concede, as would be logical given your previous argument, that it's citizens would then become Israelis.

The only thing Israel is doing is occupying the place, just like the Jordanians. They didn't win ownership. It is still owned by the people who lived there and who were designated by the UN as Palestinians.

Underlying your Gobbelsesque lie is the false presumption the Palestinians have never existed as Palestinians.

This is the mis-imformation you are spruiking in support of the Israeli military Junta... the occupying thugs on the West Bank. Your spruiking makes a propgandising behaviour and emulates that of Josef Gobbels. It has elements in common with the Nazi operations against the Jews.

It is legitimate to attack those who foster state-run terrorism and oppression. If you support and publicly defend those actions you do set yourself up for the sort of personal criticism you are receiving.

Your campaign supports dispossessing the Palestinians of their own representation, homes, land, livelihoods, freedom and basic human rights. Your is an atrocious behaviour here in our liberal democratic west. It might be ok in Israel. That would only highlight the difference between we liberal democrats and the Israeli fascists.
Posted by keith, Thursday, 6 August 2009 10:12:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy