The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine - negate the debate on the Jewish State > Comments

Palestine - negate the debate on the Jewish State : Comments

By David Singer, published 24/7/2009

Perhaps it's time for Israel to formally adopt Ben Gurion’s definition, to officially designate itself 'The Jewish State of Israel'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Singer chooses a definition of a "Jewish state" as a state where Jews are in the majority. Is that what Netanyahu means by it? Unlikely, since it wouldn't make sense to "recognise" such a state; rather, according to such a definition, any state may change at a particular time from being a Jewish state to a Hindu, Christian, Muslim, state, or whatever. And officially designating such a state as Jewish, Hindu, Christian, Muslim, etc would have no effect - it wouldn't change anything - it would be a correct designation or not, to be ascertained by counting the groups in the population. So it seems inconceivable that this is what Netanyahu means.

Unless he means it to justify the expulsion and exclusion of the Palestinian refugees from Israel and the territory claimed by it.
Posted by jeremy, Friday, 24 July 2009 9:35:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why should the wider world care if a patch of Middle Eastern dirt belongs to one group of bloodthirsty intolerants or another?

Arab, Jew, Persian...they'll keep killing until there's only one ethnic group left, then find reasons to keep killing each other. A pox upon them all.
Posted by Sancho, Friday, 24 July 2009 10:23:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That commenter..on your blog..or talkback caller..may actually be working for the Israeli government

extract from extensive link
http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=3247

Straight out of..Avigdor Lieberman’s..Foreign Ministry:..a new Internet Fighting Team!
http://www.kibush.co.il/show_file.asp?num=34520

Israeli students and demobilized soldiers..get paid to pretend..they are just regular folks..and leave pro-Israel comments on Twitter,..Facebook,YouTube..and other sites.

The approach was test-marketed..during Israel’s assault on Gaza,..
..a controversial effort..to use instant-access technology to crowd-source Israel advocates..to fill in flash polls..or vote up key articles..on social networking sites.

Will the responders who are hired for this also present themselves as “ordinary net-surfers”?

“Of course,”..says Shturman...“Our people will not say:..‘Hello,..I am from the policy-explanation department of the Israeli Foreign Ministry and I want to tell you the following....lol..Nor will they necessarily identify themselves as Israelis....but by their works shall ye know them...lol

They will speak as net-surfers..and as citizens,..and will write responses..that will look personal..but will be based on a prepared list of messages/issues..adgendas..that the Foreign Ministry developed.”

The full article,..translated by Occupation Magazine into English here:
http://www.calcalist.co.il/internet/articles/0,7340,L-3319543,00.html

The Foreign Ministry presents:talkbackers in the service of the State
http://www.kibush.co.il/show_file.asp?num=34520

While most of the net-surfers were recruited through websites like giyus.org,
http://giyus.org/
which was officially activated by a Jewish lobby..[and has basically the same goal and modus operandi],..in some cases is it was the Foreign Ministry that took the initiative to contact the surfers..and asked them to post talkbacks..sympathetic to the State and the government..[of Israel]..on the Internet and to help recruit volunteers...

That’s how Michal Carmi,..an active blogger and associate general manager at the high-tech placement company Tripletec,..was recruited to the online policy-explanation team.

“During Operation..Cast Lead..the Foreign Ministry wrote to me and other bloggers..and asked us to make our opinions known on the international stage as well,”..Carmi tells Calcalist...“They sent us pages with..‘taking points’..and a great many video clips.

I focussed my energies on Facebook,..and here and there I wrote responses on blogs where words like..‘Holocaust’and‘murder’..were used in connection with Israel’s Gaza action.

I had some very hard conversations there...Several times the Foreign Ministry also recommended that we access specific blogs and get involved in the discussions that were taking place there.”
Posted by one under god, Friday, 24 July 2009 10:25:45 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is racism and whatever the opposite of antisemitism is. Antigoyimism?
Why should the Jewish religion have any influence in any country anywhere? Why should any religion have any influence in any country in the world?

Keep you damn godbothering to yourself. All of you, whether your god is allah or jehovah or mary or some frog you found last week. Keep it to yourself and stop trying to force me bow down with you.

The history of you people involving yourself in governance is nothing but war, murder, torture, destruction and evil. There has never, I repeat NEVER, been a religiously affiliated government that has not treated its citizens and its neighbors with anything but evil and murderous intent.

The jews have no right to a "homeland" where they rule and neither do the catholics or the mormons or the moonies or any other of the insane superfriend worshipping cults that blight this world.

Do all historical groups of people get a homeland? Like the American Indians, Aborigines, Maoris? Whats the difference? Why do jews get this special homeland treatment?

Get your religions out of my life and out of all governments or there will only be more conflict, more innocent lives taken, more slaughter and more lies and maybe they will even manage to bring about their ultimate wish of armageddon and wipe us all out. Crazy F ing fools.
Posted by mikk, Friday, 24 July 2009 10:49:17 AM
Dear one under god,

How did you become such a good speller and so articulate in contrast to your previous posts?
Posted by david f, Friday, 24 July 2009 11:04:21 AM
being well aware..im using up my last post of the day to reply you...the stuff from my own mind is poorly spelled out...and the stuff i quote FROM OTHERS..[usually using an accredited link comes from the link]

i adopted the non use of capitals..partly from lazyness [but the other to show my sympathies to israel...[hebrew dont use caps]...for egsample..

of course as i matured and found the contradictions in the story of judeans...that somehow..became jews/after being bolchovics and a few other non semite tribes..following the star of david..[not the lampstand]...folowing the talmud and not the torah[comming together under the flag of israel..[not the rightfull tribe of the high priest class of levi]

well i simply stopped caring..one way or the other..[having had many posts deleted]...i realised that spelling things perfectly wasnt working and stopped trying...things are as they are...

god has grace and often uses the imperfect to confound the wise...thus johan became jonah became johannine..till i realised were all children of the one life giver..and johannine..became one under god...

all as imperfect as each other...but yet via poor spelling..allowing others to give some form of reply..to that i said..[even if only the poor way i spelled it out]...

i envey those wise and educated such as yourself...but more i appriciate the things god reveales...in gods time..[live time all the time]..and by gods way..[even if im too ignorant to be able to name them..[or spell their namings correctly]...to know god is one..that god is living loving grace..nothing else comes close

what use being able to spell all..of a little,..when the all is beyond spelling..let alone naming..or the human will to spell or dis/spell..seems to hinge on spelling it out perfectly....im playing with it...cause i see the joke of it

anyhow
see you all in one day..lol...by gods will alone..[al-one]
Posted by one under god, Friday, 24 July 2009 11:37:37 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy