The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine - UN Security Council flirts with racist fantasyland > Comments

Palestine - UN Security Council flirts with racist fantasyland : Comments

By David Singer, published 5/1/2009

The UN, by its silence, has endorsed collective punishment - something not to be tolerated for Gazan Arabs - as being perfectly acceptable for West Bank Jews.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The United Nations is a sty of pigs that are unwilling to take their fat heads out of the trough and disband the whole corrupt, useless organisation. Australians should be disgusted that our country is part of such a vile, hypocritical gang.
Posted by Leigh, Monday, 5 January 2009 9:52:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Singer critises the UN for silence which he interprets as collective punishment, at a time when Israel is bombing civilian homes, the University and infrastructure in Gaza killing 400 people including women and children.

The Israeli PR machine is alive - but not very well, if that is the best he can do.

Self defence from a few home-made rockets is the given reason for their genocide.

Come on! You are starting to believe your own propaganda.
Posted by Stan1, Monday, 5 January 2009 12:01:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good comment Leigh, and Stan1, you're shocking.

The media is utterly and disgustingly behind the terrorist Palestinians who voted for their genocidal government.

If you ask me, and as the Arab terrorists who kill us on trains and planes say to us, you voted for them - so you deserve what you get.

99% of Muslims support Hamas, both here and abroad.

What would you propose to do to stop the rockets? Or do you not think there is anything wrong with that because you're a Jew hater too?

Hamas needs to be crippled, toppled, as do the filthy bigots who voted them in.

The very fact that the killer Hamas leader who thought Israel wouldn't bomb because his 4 wives and their litters were present shows that even HAMAS know Israel is more civilised than they are (they who send disabled minors to kill Israeli women and kids).

I say bomb the crap out of the homophobic, misogynstic, bigots.

Those who complain Palestinian kids are dying are laughable. They're already dead. If you really care about them, stop their vile hateful TV indoctrination of children.

Ex-Muslims here, and some Muslims, like Tanveer Ahmed, have admitted that in every Muslim household he ever went to, white women are sluts, infidels deserve to die, and Jews must be slaughtered.

Not hard to see they think this when you look at their rat infested homelands.

Send them back. Unborn babies and all.
Posted by Benjam1n, Monday, 5 January 2009 12:11:44 PM
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/959229.html

An invention called'the Jewish people'By Tom Segev

Israel's'Declaration_of_Independence'states that the Jewish people arose in the Land of Israel and were exiled from its'homeland'.

Wrong,says the historian Shlomo-Zand...There never was a'Jewish people',only a Jewish-religion,and the exile also never happened..hence there was no return.

Zand rejects most of the stories of national-identity formation in the Bible,including the exodus from Egypt,and,the horrors of the conquest under Joshua...It's all fiction and myth that served as an excuse for the establishment of the State of Israel,he asserts;the Romans did not generally exile whole nations,and most of the Jews were permitted to remain in the country...It follows that the progenitors of the Palestinian Arabs were Jews...Zand did not invent this thesis;30 years before the Declaration of Independence,it was espoused by David Ben-Gurion,Yitzhak Ben-Zvi and others.

If the majority of the Jews were not exiled,how is it that so many of them reached almost every country on earth?

Zand quotes from many existing studies,some of which were written in Israel but shunted out of the central discourse..The first Jews of Ashkenaz Germany)did not come from the Land of Israel and did not reach Eastern Europe from Germany,but became Jews in the Khazar Kingdom in the Caucasus.

Zand explains the origins of Yiddish culture:it was not a Jewish import from Germany,but the result of the connection between the offspring of the Kuzari and Germans who traveled to the East,some of them as merchants.

We find,then,that the Zionist need to devise for them a shared ethnicity and historical continuity produced a long series of inventions and fictions,along with an invocation of racist theses...Some were concocted in the minds of those who conceived the Zionist movement,while others were offered as the findings of genetic studies conducted in Israel.

Prof.Zand teaches at Tel Aviv University.His book,"When and How Was the Jewish People Invented?" published by Resling in Hebrew),is intended to promote the idea that Israel should be a"state of all its citizens"-Jews,Arabs and others..[ie all semites]-in contrast to its declared identity as a "Jewish and democratic" state.

many Israelis will be astonished to read for the first time.
Posted by one under god, Monday, 5 January 2009 12:24:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sometimes I despair at trying to make rational arguments in these posts, but because of the current destruction of Gaza, I thought I would try again.

My comment was useful however because it brought about a response from Benjam1n which eloquently displays the intensity of racial hatred by some Jews. No I am not a Jew-hater, Benjamin. I am just opposed to the expansionist policies in Israel based on some biblical myth.

"What would you propose to do to stop the rockets?" Easy - just get out of the occupied territories and stay within your original borders.
Posted by Stan1, Monday, 5 January 2009 12:57:54 PM
COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT.....

David Singer is correct.. there is great unbalance between the objectives of the Palestinian/Islamist sympathizers in the UN on this issue.

INDISCRIMINANT MISSILES launched at random civilian targets.. is... COLLECTIVE punishment. Hamas is GUITY of this.

Even while Israel is punishing them for this, and being very selective about it..they are STILL hurling as many rockets as they can at the same women and children in playgrounds and nurseries in Sderot, Beer Sheba, Ashkelon etc...

DAVID.. I'm emailing you (Via OLO) about an important matter.. I hope you respond.

Regards
Polycarp
Posted by Polycarp, Monday, 5 January 2009 1:36:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy