The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A gross miscarriage of justice > Comments

A gross miscarriage of justice : Comments

By Bernie Matthews, published 7/5/2007

The scales of justice no longer seem sit equally in New South Wales.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
This is such a frightening story. In 1999 I was working as a teacher in Queensland. A child told me that another teacher was regularly hitting him. The rest of the class sat in silence, looking at me, so it appeared to be true. I did what we had been instructed to do - I reported the child's disclosure to the school principal and then asked no more questions about the situation. I later found out under freedom of information that no written record was made of my report.
But one year later I was told that "lots of" secret allegations had been made against me in "lots of" documents. And two days later I was given a letter to say that I would be in a punishment program the next year. To this day the department refuse to tell me what the allegations were. So I can never prove myself innocent. The bad Apple Bullies website http://www.badapplebullies.com/investigations.htm explains my story. God help any Australian woman who tries to deal with child abuse.
Posted by Dealing With The Mob, Monday, 7 May 2007 10:22:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Welcome to the dysfunctional world known as the Australian legal club. It is a club that attracts an eclectic bunch of people. Its decisions handed down from the bench by gayly robed men and women are abstruse in the extreme. For instance, in one court a woman seeking protection from a violent partner may leave the court with a piece of paper which carries the title of AVO. The AVO might bar her partner from coming within 200 metres of her. In another court, two Sri Lankan homosexuals are granted asylum on the grounds that they might be subject to violence if returned to Sri Lanka. Why aren’t they returned to Sri Lanka armed with an AVO? Is this a tacit admission by one court that an AVO is just a worthless piece of paper?
Posted by Sage, Monday, 7 May 2007 10:57:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course Ms. Beckett was denied the right to make an impact statement. Power is not being prosecuted for interference with the course of justice, perjury, or any other offence related to the allegations made in the article. The injuries she has suffered are not the consequence of Power's obtaining of child molestation materials.
Posted by ozbib, Monday, 7 May 2007 11:11:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A convicted, violent criminal preaching on injustice.

Whatever next!
Posted by Leigh, Monday, 7 May 2007 11:47:42 AM
An AVO can be taken out by anyone with malicious intent, no proof is required, there is no police investigation required, then you have to go to court to plead your case and even if you prove that you are no threat, or the other person drops their request for the AVO it still goes on your record.
So then you find yourself with a police record as a voilent person, even if you have made no threat or committed no act of voilence.
This has happened to me and my wife in NSW.
A friend whilst going through a marriage breakup, even though he was never voilent or threatening, whose wife applied for an AVO then changed her mind. When he applied for a gun liciense, and was refused even though it had never gone to court.
Funny thing (not ha ha) homeless children can easily find paedophiles, yet police can't catch paedophiles,( trying walking around Kings Cross and you can see paedofiles picking up street kids every day) which probably means kids are smarter than cops, if police catch paedophiles with kids, they charge the kids with being in moral danger then the kids get sent back to abusive parents or locked up.
Welcome to NSW where the justice system is still as corrupt as the days of The Rum Corps.
Posted by alanpoi, Monday, 7 May 2007 11:48:15 AM
same system, same inputs, same results.

if you're surprised, keep it a secret as you don't want to be laughed at, do you?

you can have a better australia, just stop voting for politicians.
Posted by DEMOS, Monday, 7 May 2007 12:09:06 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy