The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australian Muslims need leadership > Comments

Australian Muslims need leadership : Comments

By Syed Atiq ul Hassan, published 23/1/2007

It is time Australian Muslims unified as a community with responsible leaders who can competently lead the community in the right direction.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Malik “I believe majority of Muslims in this country love Australia more than you”

I challenge you to prove that belief.

“you should go back and read what have you written against Prophet Mohammad, Islam and Muslim and see your secular face in the mirror before claiming anything further”

I know what I have written.

I hold no fealty to the religion which has mohammed as its prophet and since nothing I have heard from Muslims recently, least of all in this thread, is anything worth defending I really could not give a stuff what you think to my opinion other than to say, listening to the continual whining and criticism from a bunch of retarded religious zealots is not my idea of how best to spend a weekend or any other time.

Re” I think you need basic education on secularism and you need to open your mind and sit with knowledgeable people who can teach”

You have no idea about me, yet you preach I need “education” what hypocrisy.
I already “sit with knowledgeable people” strangely, no one knows your name.

If every Muslim were to vacate Australia tomorrow, we would be no worse off than we are today and likely since a few bigots would vacate with them, a lot better off.
Tolerating differences is morally correct.
It only works when it is universally accepted.
Muslims need to take “tolerance” on board immediately and give up the support of Gihad and other aspects of their religion which separates them from mainstream Australia or face the consequences of their elitism.

That you don’t get it or like it is your issue to deal with. As the Federal Treasurer said, Muslims should go and live somewhere which suits their values better if they are not prepared to accept and live by Australian values and under existing Australian Institutions.
Posted by Col Rouge, Monday, 29 January 2007 5:22:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another article pleading for understanding. The action required is actually about 1000 years ago. Why doesn't the author take action instead of babbling on about someone else fixing things?

There is no correlation between the written word and the practice. Peace and tolerance have nothing to do with today's version of Islam. Women need to break the shackles and take charge of these crazy movements, men are screwing it up for all of you.
Posted by RobbyH, Monday, 29 January 2007 5:29:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
COUNTRY GAL... now you have to admit I've been a good boy :)

You want to hear about the Quran from Muslims ? Ok
here it is...

http://ibnalhyderabadee.wordpress.com/2006/04/11/legacy-of-abu-bakr-compilation-of-the-quraan/

Zayd Ibn Thabit (Radi Allahu Anhu) said, after AbuBakr (Radi Allahu Anhu) asked him to do this, “If Abu Bakr were to have placed a mountain on my shoulders it would be lighter in weight than the mission that he gave me”. Zayd Ibn Thabit (Radi Allahu Anhu) was a scholar of the Qur’an even though he was at a very young age at that time. So he said, “I had to go around collecting Qur’an from the hearts of men and I had to go around collecting all the manuscripts of the Quran, I used to collect the palm leaves, flat white rocks (tablets), shoulder bones of camels, and leather pieces that they used to write the Qur’an on.” In order to ensure that the Qur’an they compiled was authentic, they would ask all the Sahaaba who heard the Qur’an and memorized it with the Prophet (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) to recite it to Zayd Ibn Thabit (Radi Allahu Anhu) and they required that there be two people that know that same verse. The only exception that was made in this matter was that of Aboo Khuzaymah22 (Radi Allahu Anhu), who was the only one who knew the end of Surat At Tawbah because the Prophet (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said about Aboo Khuzaymah (Radi Allahu Anhu) that his testimony is equal to two testimonies. And in following the Sunnah of RasoolAllah (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) they accepted Aboo Khuzaymah (Radi Allahu Anhu)’s testimony as double and included that part in the Qur’an.

END.

COMMENT on the TOPIC

Don't Muslims in Australia have leadership ? I thought it was the State and Federal government.

Amel and Malik...hang in boys.. very few Muslims here- call some from Muslim village, we don't censor uncomfortable views here like they do.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 18 February 2007 3:19:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy