The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Misguided and misogynistic religiosity > Comments

Misguided and misogynistic religiosity : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 27/10/2006

Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali's latest gaffe illustrates the widespread misogyny that exists among Muslim religious leaders.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. 25
  13. All
Chris C:
Are you familiar with the words of Jesus who said that even if a man thinks about adultery in his mind then he has committed it?. He seems very much to point the finger at the man and not the woman. Furthermore, the words of Jesus and the way that the early Apostles expounded upon his words lays great emphasis upon self-control - perhaps what we need is men having more "self-control" today rather than "control"
Posted by Flissy, Friday, 27 October 2006 5:02:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
muslim hater you give me hope. For too long we of the western world have tried to tolerate the Islamists, unfortunatly misguided politically correct do-gooders simply do not know what we are faced with. My work has also taken me to the Islamic world, and I detest the Islamic mindset more with every passing day. People in Australia, in your comfortable middle class lives, do not invite cancer into our wonderful nation!
Posted by trueaussie, Friday, 27 October 2006 5:31:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well he won't be sacked since he has too many ardent followers.The Sheik often preaches to audiences of 500.Instead the Sheik will go on a holiday to let things cool,but there is no remorse.The excuse given today was that it would divide the Muslim community too much if he is deposed.Apparently there are many others who think exactly like him.

Well what about the Australian Community?
"Women are weapons used by satan to control men",was one of his vile and ignorant statements.Apparently Muslim men take no responsibility for their basal urges and are free to rape and pillage if others don't dress according to their tastes.

The slow process of decay in our society has begun.Some in the Muslim community will condemn him but none will be angry enough to protest in the streets,since many agree with him.When is our Govt going to have the guts to act?He has dual citizenship,so change the constitution and send him back to Egypt from whence he came.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 27 October 2006 5:37:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/ceremonies/citizenship/pledge.htm

Pledge of Commitment to Australia
All new citizens read aloud a pledge as part of the citizenship ceremony. If the ceremony is for a group of new citizens you will all read your pledge together.

There are two pledges. The difference between them is that one pledge refers to God and the second does not. At your citizenship interview you will be asked which pledge you wish to make during your ceremony.

Australian Citizenship Pledge #1
From this time forward, under God,

I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people,

Whose democratic beliefs I share,

Whose rights and liberties I respect,

And whose laws I will uphold and obey.

Australian Citizenship Pledge #2
From this time forward,

I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people,

Whose democratic beliefs I share,

Whose rights and liberties I respect,

And whose laws I will uphold and obey.

Presumably Al Hilali said one of the above when he got Australian citizenship. Well, looks like he lied, doesn't it? And if you lie in order to gain a benefit, then you should lose that benefit when you are found out. He should be stripped of his Australian citizenship and deported without delay.

This isn't just a case of not agreeing with Australia's official line on something, we probably all do that from time to time, as is our [and Hilali's] right. He is encouraging men to break Australia's sexual assault laws and if any of his flock do this, then he is an accessory. What would we do if he was encouraging members of his flock to become terrorists and kill Australian women? Presumably there's a law against that. Well, if it's criminally wrong to incite to kill, isn't it also criminally wrong to incite to rape?

My feeling is that he's criminally insane and a danger to the community, including the moderate Muslim community.
http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/stalinsky200405040836.asp
Posted by Rex, Friday, 27 October 2006 6:42:44 PM
wobbles, you miss the point.

When you describe opponents of Islamic teaching - as fighting sexism with racism.

Being critical of a race - is racism.
Being critical of a religion - is religion-ism if you need a word.
Freedom of speech is needed here!

Race - one has no say in. It is neutral.
Religion is finally - a choice.

Cultural one is born into it - to begin with, but ultimately it is a choice to go on in it.
Especially in Australia.

Islam keeps adherents by using fear. Fear of death. Fear of being spurned forever by the family. (Just try leaving Islam. It is one of the hardest things to do)

Religious ideas must always be open to criticism.
Racism is always wrong.

wobbles, I am afraid your logic is faulty - it has the wobbles.
It needs to be noticed, and pointed out, as i am doing.
Posted by tennyson's_one_far-off_divine_event, Friday, 27 October 2006 9:18:10 PM
Unfortunately these types of comments and social misconduct while not foreign in our societies have never been referenced nor supported by a religion before. Too many people have chosen to go along to get along rather than speaking out with in the communities directly. The racist card is being used to stifle opinion and to force acceptance of a religion that seeks to dominate societies where social and religious authoritarianism is unheard of. And quite frankly the average citizen is appalled that anyone would want to immigrate to such beautiful countries and impose such an ugly power structure. That as soon as enough Muslims can ban together and raise the money they send for the people necessary to implement the reason they fled their homeland in the first place. However you justify it. This behavior just does not make reasonable sense. Muslims who chose to come to democratic countries should be seeking to eliminate the oppressive nature of Islam
and migrate to a more 21st century view of the world and other cultures. Not recreating the oppression they fled.
Posted by aqvarivs, Friday, 27 October 2006 9:21:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. 25