The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A bit too much drought and not enough flooding rains > Comments

A bit too much drought and not enough flooding rains : Comments

By Brad Ruting, published 25/10/2006

Australian governments need to stop focusing on short-term, economic solutions to droughts and look to the long term.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Can you have anything positive to say “kaep”?

All the negatives you talk about are from the dominate vote from the city, not from regional Australia

How about some comments and researched ones at that, instead of this blame some one else way that seems to be the norm from many, partially the left wing element.

We have the economic and social problems we have because of who we vote for.
By artificially creating a low “result” for regional GDP, thus not giving the wealth creation sector its rightful voting power, we also end up with consumption exceeding production of wealth, as we have had for the last 30 plus years in Australia.
Posted by dunart, Monday, 6 November 2006 9:51:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I AM the one who is positive Dunart. You just don't comprehend how Howard and Iemma are using immigration into coastal areas to further their Neo Fascist agenda of creating weak civil resistance by diluting individual rights. The ruination of country areas is just a byproduct.
Telling this TRUTH is THE most POSITIVE thing.

As for backing up scientific assertions, the second-law-of-thermodynamics governs out drought. The top metre of the Tamsan sea has more stored heat than a column of air 5 Km above it. The heat capacity of air being 5 times less than water and air being 1000 times less dense than water. IPCC and other scientists attributing climate change to air masses with or without CO2 heat trapping, when compared to the ocean surface is WRONG. It stinks of vested political and green-business interest.

Proof: The US will not have any hurricanes next year and I will step everyone on this forum through the US hurricane season from May 11 to Sept 1 2007. Further after last tuesday and wednesday's SHA maps showed retractions of NSW coastal-wastewater-plumes, we had rains across NSW till today. I am expecting more wastewater retractions soon because authorities are now obliged. The stakes are HIGH. When they occur I will post them, and then wait for the ensuing rains.

That IS science. LIVING science. These results will trump anything the IPCC or other groups can spin. It will devastate them and all we have to do is wait and watch.

Additionally, after March 2007 Qld is in for more big cyclones. I already have enough information to tell where and approximately when they will happen, and how to stop them.

Thus Global greenhouse warming theory is DEAD. Many scientists will be out of grants and jobs. That is why they too avoid the TRUTH.

Now tell me, do you have some ulterior motive in protecting the current iniquitous, unsustainable and inequitable coastal immigration push? I mean are you of recent immigrant stock social climbing over your fellow Australians and immigrating your own people to annul the rights of your fellow electors?
Posted by KAEP, Tuesday, 7 November 2006 3:51:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
KAEP

Of course there are some who want the second law of thermodynamics repealed.

"This is America," said Duane Collins, a Gatlinburg, TN, distillery operator and father of five. "And in this country, we have the God-given right to change laws we don't think are Christian. We are united in our demands that the second law of thermodynamics be repealed, and our voice will be heard no matter what. That's just a plain fact, and nothing anybody says can ever change it."

:)
Posted by Steve Madden, Tuesday, 7 November 2006 4:12:54 PM
QUOTE;

‘I AM the one who is positive Dunart. You just don't comprehend how Howard and Iemma are using immigration into coastal areas to further their Neo Fascist agenda of creating weak civil resistance by diluting individual rights. The ruination of country areas is just a byproduct.
Telling this TRUTH is THE most POSITIVE thing.’

I am all ears Kaep

Instead of the statement blaming other people, enlighten with facts about the above comments.
I am particularly interested in the “ruination of the country areas” statement

For the record, the weather is a factor farmers take into account, in fact far more than the urban areas do, so all your ramblings about the weather is side tracking from the real issue. That is, the poor terms of trade that stops farmers putting funds aside for the “droughts and flooding rains” that is a part of farming.

Tell us your wisdom, complete with economic models.

We rural people love the truth.

As for me protecting the coastal push that you accuse me of is a bit of track.
For a start where have I ever made a statement to support that?

As for my genetics, that is irrelevant.
What is relevant is that all Australians are given the same chance.
Regulations that enhance the wealth of groups of people in the Australian community are abhorrent to me.
Posted by dunart, Tuesday, 7 November 2006 6:17:44 PM
Kaep, when are you going to stop talking bull*hit.

The rain that Sydney has just got was carried by a jetstream from across the top of the northern Territory and Queensland, down the coast.

Go back and have a look at the cloud pictures.
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 7 November 2006 10:20:02 PM
Thanks VK, I'm on to it.

However, the SHA maps for the Tasman have shown a reduction of coastal SHA extremes from Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong, Bega and Eden on 3 occasions since Oct-1. Each time, rains have followed. Additionally If you trawl the NSW SHA data back to 1993, there are no other examples of these SHA reductions.

I am also on to this and I can assure you that it is NOT BS and that the EXPERIMENT continues, both meteorologically and politically.

Capiche?
Posted by KAEP, Wednesday, 8 November 2006 12:28:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy