The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lies as a pretext for war > Comments

Lies as a pretext for war : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 29/6/2006

How easy it is for lies and propaganda to be used as a pretext for war.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. 34
  10. All
The myth of dress codes for Jewish/Christian/Zoroastrian Iranians has been exposed but how many of us are aware that the Iranian president did NOT call for Israel to be "wiped off the the map"? This has been a dominant, demonizing myth for months, repeated ad nauseum by Zionist propagandists and their neocon allies in the world's media. The Guardian's Jonathon Steele, however, recently did some digging to find that what the Iranian president ACTUALLY said was: "The regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time." (Lost in Translation) In other words, far from signalling an intended nuclear attack on Israel, he was calling for regime change at some indefinite point in the future.
Posted by Strewth, Thursday, 29 June 2006 9:25:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Iran doesn't need a PR machine to spell out it's hatred of Israel and anything to do with its poisonous existence.

The same goes for the US - it doesn't need to manufacture lies to attack or defend themselves from their enemies.

Let's be clear here that it was Islam that started the war on the US. Does 9/11 still rind a bell?

To compare Iran with Iraq is somehow pretentious. One is Shia the other Sunni. Different Islamic cultural enemies united only by their common hatred of America and Israel.

Islamic leadership of all different persuasions, language and heritage, can easily be compared to Nazism simply because they can gain and maintain power by quoting the verses of their holy book that clearly sets apart Jews and Christians as the enemy of their god Allah . Every Muslem in the Mid-east is breast-fed the Islamic "supreme race”ideology also called Ummah.

So dress code, ID cards, shaved heads or coloured arm bands will not change a true follower of Islam to NOT hate their Allah’s (god) designated enemies.

Watch this rally address from yet another self proclaimed Islamic dictator (leader), Moamar El-Kazzaffi of Libya

http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/video_480x360.asp?ai=214&ar=1121wmv&ak=null
Posted by coach, Thursday, 29 June 2006 10:10:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Coach says,
'The same goes for the US - it doesn't need to manufacture lies to attack or defend themselves from their enemies'

That is laughable coach, and yes I remember the horrible events of 9/11, but I don't remember seeing any concrete proof of who was behind it.
Posted by Carl, Thursday, 29 June 2006 10:29:39 AM
A lie about things most Westerners don't give a damn about in no way reduces the threat Iran poses to the West and to Israel.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 29 June 2006 10:47:21 AM
Carl... 'concrete proof'... have you been living in a hole in the ground each time the video of Bin Ladin discussing how 'we' did it was aired ?
Or..do you consider that his lips said other things than the audio, which of course was 'dubbed' by some 'Osama sounding' CIA dupe ?

C'mon mate.. get real. Debate things which are actually solid. All you showed with that 'no concrete proof' thing was that no matter HOW convincing the proof is, you will not believe it.

Pretexts for war have been found throughout history. By all sides.
Mohammed used an obscure attack by allies of the Quraysh in Mecca on allies of his to justify breaking the Treaty of Hudabiya, invading Mecca and killing key people ... so ? what else is new. (He would have found some reason to break it anyway, it was just a matter of timing)

Mohamed's flunky Kalid Bin al Waleed murdered the brother of Christian prince Ukaydir of Duma in northern Arabia and offered the Prince 'Islam (or death-by implication)' His 'pretext' was that the prince refused to be a TRAITOR to his Byznatine allies and become a turncoat and ally himself with Mohamed and the Muslims.

Mohamed wanted a buffer zone and some buffer canon fodder between him and the Byzantines, so he insisted that the northern tribes ally with him so THEY would be slaughtered first in the event of a Byzantine attack. Giving him breathing space to gather his forces.

The kidmapping of an Israeli soldier is not exactly a pretext, but the claim that Al Aksa brigade has chemical and biological
WMD capability sure is. If reports are accurate they justify complete all out war on all Palestinians. If they are just an Israeli beat up, it doesn't change the fact of Qassam rockets being an act of war, so.. same result.

I just don't understand why, a little rat, you would irritate an Elephant with big feet or a Cobra with chain guns. "A mystery indeed".
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 29 June 2006 11:13:30 AM
Gday Boaz, if I was going to upset anyone with that last post, i'm glad it was you, you claim that no matter how much evidence there is against Bin Laden I would not beleive it, I think the same goes for you, and no matter how many fishy coincedences become known from that day, you will ignore them.

I do not claim to know exactly what happened on that day, Bin Laden probably was involved, but some visual evidence of a plane hitting the pentagon would be good, oh wait, the most secure building in the world seems to have misplaced its surveillance tapes that day, of course.

As I sit here with my tinfoil hat waiting for the roswell aliens to take me away, I look forward to your next post Boaz.
Posted by Carl, Thursday, 29 June 2006 11:36:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. 34
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy