The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Drawing wrong conclusions > Comments

Drawing wrong conclusions : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 6/4/2006

The president of the world's largest Muslim country laughed when told of the cartoon. Only God knows what the dingoes are thinking.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Hes entitled to a laugh, there will be no riots here over it.

Who cares, if the situation was reversed there would be uproar, but as long as we know where we stand with them its easier to let it go.

Jeez, if we did the same to indonesia the problem would be there would be too much material, we would have to put out a series, the Adventures of Bang Bang.
Posted by Realist, Thursday, 6 April 2006 9:25:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wasn't it Keating who said "they won't deal with him" in reference to JWH dealing with South-East Asia?
Posted by SHONGA, Thursday, 6 April 2006 10:41:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah yes, "failed Indonesian businessman", Paul Keating, now there was a man who knew how to "lickspittle to forces abroad". Such a drag when they go and change all the generals before you get your snout in the trough. Its enough to ruin your retirement.
Posted by Perseus, Thursday, 6 April 2006 10:57:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I dunno. Is the political world getting more and more childish,[my cartoon is better than your cartoon!]?
Or is the pen indeed mightier than the sword?
Or is better to have a fight childishly than all grown up with real weapons?
Blessed if I know!
Posted by mickijo, Thursday, 6 April 2006 2:49:38 PM
Irfan

Perhaps you'd be able to draw a cartoon trivalising the human rights abuses in West Papua.

Do one that makes the West Papuans a favour and makes the Javanese Generals and their sycophants laugh.

Mate I gotta say this latest little missive from you totally ignores the realities of the occupation of West Papua by the goldmining Javanese Military. Your posts have always shown yourself to be a much bigger character. You, regardless of a common religion, betray your obvious and oft exhibited decency by appearing to side with the Javanese militarist idiots...
Posted by keith, Thursday, 6 April 2006 5:15:54 PM
Hi Irfan

Look I was critical of you when you expressed you opinion so in fairness I'll express mine so you can have a chance of 'leveling the score'.
Or as the kiwi's will say 'evening up'.

The Indonesian Archipelago has always been just that. A large group of Islands. It's cohesivenesss has always been achieved by force. Even though religion is a uniting factor, for many Indonesians, it has also been a disuniting influence. Note East Timor, Aceh, West Papua and also probably some of the nothern islands such as Celebese etc. The Indonesian political landscape is littered with the activities as well as the victims and their corpses of the dictatorial Javanese regimes of Sukarno and Suharto.

I reckon we in our lifetimes will see, with the movement toward Democracy, the eventual dismemberment of the Indonesian 'nation' and a contraction of Javanese influence. Much in the same way we saw the desmise of the former USSR and it's satelites. And especially as the world focuses on the Indonesian Archepaligo and the human rights and environmental issues the current societial and governmental influences create.

Religion in Democratic Nations eventually loses it's influence as people gain a broader and nore robust education. Such has occurred throughtour the history of the west and is happening in Indonesia today.

We will find, as Australians, much friendlier and co-operative nations to our north in future generations. And no there won't be any war...we won't allow that to occur... dingo's or no dingos.

Regards Keith
Posted by keith, Thursday, 6 April 2006 5:43:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy