The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Who does it for you? Aslan or Jesus? > Comments

Who does it for you? Aslan or Jesus? : Comments

By Mark Hurst, published 23/1/2006

Mark Hurst compares Aslan with Jesus: the lion with the lamb.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. 39
  9. Page 40
  10. 41
  11. 42
  12. All
Aziliz,

I couldn't resist scrolling a bit as your name was mentioned by Bosk. You two seem to have mutual admiration for each other. It is not a pot and kettle relationship, I hope.

So you do not think that Islam is better than Christianity, just that they are similar in many ways.

But who really cares if one is BETTER than the others? That is not the issue. Not even the faults are the issue.

The crux of the matter is - one of them is a hoax.

Is it a surprise I think the one with the 'perfect' scriptures aka Islam - fits the bill perfectly?
Posted by GZ Tan, Monday, 13 February 2006 11:18:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bosk: The Bible tells me 'not to cast pearls before you know what' So if you do not know nor want to know the fundamentals then how can you grasp or remotely understand the deeper things which would answer your puerile questions.
I say again - sadly, would you believe? - You neither know the Scriptures nor the power of God. numbat
Posted by numbat, Tuesday, 14 February 2006 11:45:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A musing:

If the Devil wanted to create a religion for trapping the wicked, how would he devise it?

He wouldn't want good people to be attracted to it so what motivators would he use to attract people?

Greed and Fear are good, after_all how many sins are motivated by these two factors? So create a Heaven, the ultimate place of Greed and a Hell(Sheol), the ultimate place of Fear.

He'd trap the sanctimonious/self-righteous by making it a club where outsiders will be cast into the pit. Membership of the club is gained by blind'faith' in him and believing others outside the club are 'evil'. He doesn't want compassionate people only bigots and sadists who get high that others will suffer an eternity of torture and frightened people who go out to 'save' souls (for him!).

His followers will be willing to cast people they know to be undeniably good into hell if not in this religion.

He'd have this mild, loving son whom he'll torture, kill and have his followers eat him. Cannibilism-if his followers are stupid enough to eat the son_of_God, they'd be absolutely twisted. He'll insert a Doctrine of Transubstantiation insisting they're eating real flesh and real blood so there's no argument about it being 'symbolic'. Then he'd say-don't worry good people die for your meanness and cruelty so you don't have to. Hear him laughing?

He'd have rules about helping dictators and obeying slavedrivers so the most wicked would see how great his religion is for exploiting the weak and naive.

He'll say he's the God-of-Love but anyone who's loving will recognise the threats of torture in the next life, tortures in Revelations and the torture and killing of his own Son aren't the mark of a loving God and leave.

He'll make miracles and prophecies to impress the feeble-minded and he'll say 'only a wicked generation needs a sign'-so if they have any intelligence they'll know he means them (the prophecies will be weak and full of holes and the miracles just magic stories anyway).
Posted by Aziliz, Tuesday, 14 February 2006 6:15:18 PM
He'll call his followers 'sheep'. Sheep are dumb-and-scared with a mob mentality. Saying 'they're sheep' means they'll follow the mob even into cruelty, unkindness, and folly.

He's the Good-Shepherd means he'll fleece the sheep-'getting fleeced' means 'ripped off'. He'll also slaughter the sheep, especially lambs for food. No Shepherd is in it for thelove of sheep. Meat and wool more like.

He'll make the pacifism strong enough to attract pseudo-pacifists (scared weaklings) but not strong enough that the aggressive and violent don't get torture and bloodshed to attract them. He wants a range of sinners.

He'll have a Judgement-Day/Apocalypse to increase fear/urgency and feed the bigotted and violent tendencies in some of his followers.

He'll fill mental institutions with people who took the religion too seriously-who 'see' devils, ghosts and angels in their psychotic attacks.

He'll create another very similar religion. Same Heaven/Hell/Judgement-Day and club/intolerance so they'll rip each other to pieces never realising they're born from the same seed of hatred/intolerance. No fun if there's just one religion.

He'll get crusaders wading in the blood of 'pagans, infidels and heretics' and inquisitors torturing and executing innocents. Afterall he's the scorpion torturer of Revelations. He'll have even elected leaders (to prove the complicity of the sheep) calling 'crusade' and 'crush the evil ones', while they set up prisons for torture, bomb civilians,even children to secure Middle Eastern oil, he'll use of depleted uranium so babies will be born deformed.

Although some pretty things in His Holy Book may attract the naive, he'll have so many contradictions in it that anyone can justify anything. Anyone looking for true wisdom will give up in exasperation and leave the religion.

Yes that's the kind of religions that would be created to trap 'evil' people. Perfect.

Thanks Bosk-likewise I've learnt from your contribution.

GZTan-Wrong metaphor. The kettle calling the pot black requires Bosk to criticise me, not be in mutual admiration. Bad start for you. I would recommend you read the thread from the beginning as it's hard for you to comment on things otherwise.

Bye all, may you discover true love and compassion.
Posted by Aziliz, Tuesday, 14 February 2006 6:17:53 PM
And He'd still love a child who could read the Gospels and still not see his love shining like a beacon in world full of the lies and evil of a FALLEN humanity.

The fallen part we his children forget so readily.

Godbless Aziliz
Posted by Martin Ibn Warriq, Tuesday, 14 February 2006 6:47:33 PM
Aziliz,

I thought there's enough for me to comment on as it's, though I did quickly skim over your earlier postings and quite 'randomly' pick out this:-

You wrote: "Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees etc, etc."

You argument seems to always revolve around a 'hypocrisy of it all' thinking.

My points:
1. Atrocities attributed to Allah is a real and present threat today. It concerns real people alive today.
2. The slaughtering in the name of God/Jehovah was years gone by... ie. history. Though savage it must had been, I guess human were pretty savage in those days anyhow. But you're judging from a present day viewpoint.
3. What would today be like, had those killings not taken place? I don't know. But perhaps some nasty events in the past had to happen for reasons which we are not in a position to discern.
4. When did you last had KFC? Did you nearly spew when thinking how terrible it must had been for that chicken to be slaughtered and be consumed? Have you stopped eating KFC as a result? If not, isn't there some inconsistency in your way of thinking ?
5. What about comparing killings during the World Wars, and Pol Pot communist regime of death? I dare say some of the killings in the OT may even pale to 'insignificance'.
6. I think it's necessary to keep a proper perspective on what is the crux of the matter, instead of just being cynical.

Perhaps I'm a bit muddled right now. Aren't you and Bosk Muslims who are happy to 'bash up' Christians for "blind faith"? If you're indeed Muslims, then aren't you both blind as well? And worst, blind in faith in a religion which is but a hoax?
Posted by GZ Tan, Tuesday, 14 February 2006 11:10:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. 39
  9. Page 40
  10. 41
  11. 42
  12. All