The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A time when our religion belonged to us > Comments

A time when our religion belonged to us : Comments

By Bashir Goth, published 21/11/2005

Bashir Goth describes the Ramadan festivities he experienced as a child in Somalia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All
Numbat,

You are mixing up methodists and terrorists and that is your choice.

As for your request re Jesus (pbuh), part of our faith/ the Quran is belief in all prophets and Holybooks (including Jesus) so I will have to kindly reject your claim for exclusivity.

Peace and all the best,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 3 January 2006 10:15:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh! Fellow_Human it would have better had you not given your pathetic answer to my post. But I add a typical pro pagan moslem answer.
You claim the Jewish Jesus yet your "terrorist h/book" tells adherents to kill Jews.
As for your dark, dismal, dreary, death loving pagan religion again I state - "BY THEIR FRIUTS YOU SHALL KNOW THEM" No need for me to enumerate the "fruits?" of islam eh mate. numbat
Posted by numbat, Tuesday, 3 January 2006 1:11:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FH - you have the patience of a saint (do Muslims have saints?) no matter the abuse you receive from so many here, tries my patience and sorely tests yours.

If I was wearing a hat I would doff it to you.

All the best for the New Year, my friend.

Dianne
Posted by Scout, Tuesday, 3 January 2006 1:18:09 PM
Numbat,

“jewish Jesus adheres to kill Jews”. You have a passion to create your own propaganda but to end up believing it is astonishing. Where in the Quran does it say that? Jesus ‘second coming in Islam (3&4) is to unify monotheists and confirm the commandments and the importance of intent (Across all religions).

‘Mutah marriage’ my ‘well informed friend’ is practised in the Shiite world only and is not part of the Islamic faith. The five pillars of Islam are: belief in one God, the holy books and prophets, pray 5 times a day, fast Ramadan, pay the alms (poors due) and pilgrim once in a life time if you can afford it. These are the only five pillars of Islam.

I think you should put the keyboard aside before you hurt yourself and read a little more. Or just accept you know nothing about the subject and stick with what you know.

Scout/ Dianne,

Thanks for your note. No we don’t have saints but patience is a good choice to make in life I guess. I am surprised at the level of prejudice by some posters on this forum. I understand many are willing to talk about Islam but willing to repeat what they were told in a brain less manner rather than interacting with Muslim posters.

Happy New Year to you too, we went to watch the fireworks at the Opera house till 2:30 am. It was fun, we had few overseas visitors and all Aussies were kind and nice (even though we had an old lady with a veil).

An old Egyptian wish “for the year of the dog”:
Wishing you the best three in life: health, wealth and peace of mind.

Well wishes goes to you too numbat..

Peace..
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 3 January 2006 2:40:03 PM
Fellow_Human: You may waffle on all you like but the koran tells its adherents to slay unbelievers, that includes Jews and Christians, and many do so.
The Christian Jesus was the Son of the Eternal, the Christian Jesus suffered and was killed. This Christian Jesus was entombed and then He was resurrected, glorified and was taken up to Heaven.
This did not happen to the pagan moslem jesus, this jesus belongs in the heads of islamics only.
By the way I do not hate heathens, pagans or unbelievers, feel sorry for them perhaps. numbat
Posted by numbat, Tuesday, 3 January 2006 3:40:09 PM
Numbat,

“the koran tells its adherents to slay unbelievers, that includes Jews and Christians”.

I guess that explains why Jews and Christians lived safely among Muslims for the last 14 centuries.
What the heck is the ‘Christian Jesus’? Jesus is a follower of the Mosaic Law which muslims follow. There was only one Jesus.
Anyway, Enjoy your ‘truth’ and yes, I feel sorry for them too.
Posted by Fellow_Human, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 10:42:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy