The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A time when our religion belonged to us > Comments

A time when our religion belonged to us : Comments

By Bashir Goth, published 21/11/2005

Bashir Goth describes the Ramadan festivities he experienced as a child in Somalia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
And a good morning to you too, Philo.

Glad to see you have taken so much time on your post - six days in fact.

I am interested to know how the desire for independence constitutes "ramming your "controlling feminist" point of view down our throat (sic)"

I don't recall ordering you, BD, Coach or anyone to believe as I do.

I have simply requested that I (and for that matter other posters) not to be bullied, blackmailed or insulted.

Have a very, merry Christmas.
Posted by Scout, Sunday, 18 December 2005 9:39:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fellow_Human: 1. Your scriptures are not holy - according to the Bible.
2. You believe in a different Jesus NOT the Biblical Jesus, according to the same Bible.
F/H There is Christianity and other religions which are pagan - sorry about that but that is a fact, according to the Bible! It's not us who are unbelievers it's - go on guess.
Moslems w/ship a different God entirely, Christians worship, or should w/ship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob this same God is the Father of Jesus Christ.
The recorded birth and life of Jesus is the fulfillment of over 350 O/T prophecies. These prophecies were written and then fulfilled by Jesus well before, what some call the terrorist's handbook - the koran was written. Well before mohamed was born or was even thought of.
By the way I am not putting you down, you have the freedom to believe what you will, usually the religion you were born into.
If you have changed from Christian to islam then you could be in deep noo noos. Regards, numbat
Posted by numbat, Sunday, 18 December 2005 11:56:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Numbat,

I understand that this is what you believe. However, the Quran claims there is only one God: the God of Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus and Mohamed. He also claims to be the author of the Torah, the Psalm, the Bible and the Quran. You have ‘your truth’ and we have ours: there is only one God.

Boaz David,

I hope you had a happy Christmas.
In your accusation that ‘I am lulling people with warmth and fuzziness’ not only is an insult to the intelligence of the average poster on OLO but also ignoring a simple fact: most if not all my postings was in response to misleading or misrepresenting comments by you and few other “Mosque-teers”.

You as a professional missionary know the facts and know how Muslims view their faith; you posted over 1500 posts full of misleading contents. I gave up asking you to be honest but at least be fair, you are mocking Jesus teachings you keep talking about.

Another correction Mr “Expert on Islam”: - )

The Quran never addresses Muslims, the pre-requisite for God’s acceptance is to believe in one God, his scriptures and the commandments. No need to copy and paste what you and I know, but the Quran refers to believers “who follow the messages and messengers that God sent to them”.

Using your expression ‘calling a spade a spade’, the Holy Quran claims to be a confirmation of God previous messages. The Quran claims the Jews are the chosen people to teach and preach the message of unity, he also claims Jesus is his messenger and his miracle with no compromise on the commandments.

Peace,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Thursday, 29 December 2005 4:30:14 PM
Fellow_Human,
How do you identify God?
As believers in One God we shouldn't think of Him in terms as a being, if our image of Him is spatial, above the heavens. God is eternal Spirit whose presence is manifest in perfect character, actions and attitudes. It's in these terms Christians recognise God; interacting with our conscience, desires and behaviour motivating purity of character, faith, hope, and peaceful relationship. These demonstrated in acts of love, sacrifice, mercy, grace, forgiveness, care, provision, valour, courage and perseverance. In other words God is most evident when human character is moral creating blessing for all people with devotional attention to the highest calling of humanity. We admire the attributes of His character that have been demonstrated incarnate in men who emulate Him. His judgment falls upon nations that ignore his grace.

The worship and praise of God is not focused in a being, supposedly up above the heavens, it should be focused in His character and actions as demonstrated in human history, and personal life. We do not worship the creature -Jesus; we worship the agreed perfect character - one God. Faith in God is not a doctrine that is to be memorised it is a character that is to be lived. A doctrine about there being one God is irrelevant and divisive if there is no agreement as to the nature of his character [if such admirations of what is His character cannot be agreed upon]. That is why Christians uphold the character of Christ as the nature of very God incarnate that's the human template for all men. In a world where Talmud laws were oppressive to people, Christ came as servant to all people. However God isn't there for manipulation as our servant, but he is expressed in our human character as blessing and caring for others, especially the weak, sick, and vulnerable; empowering, healing, and giving strength.

In a true Biblical world-view anyone behaving outside the example lived by Christ (the character of very God) is not worshipping the true God even if they tag themselves as Christian or any religion
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 29 December 2005 8:07:53 PM
Fellow_Human,
For believers who worship the God of the sinless Jesus, who taught love your enemies, serve your enemy etc, it's very difficult to accept Mohamed as prophet of the same God. When he murdered and raped and sanctioned sex slaves from his enemy by Allah's sanction. He never denounced or repented of such behaviour but saw it as acceptable jihad. Don't deny these facts from his life as those who follow him still sanction and practise such barbaric behaviour viz Indonesia. Talking about God does not make one a follower of the true God, the true God is expressed in pure character, behaviour, repentance and seeking forgiveness of sin and the blessing of even enemies.

If persons calling themselves Christian behave as Mahomet, they cannot in any aspect of that behaviour be considered as following the God of Christ. Such persons do not know God of pure morality and blessing to all men, as declared originally by Abraham, "In thee shall all the nations be blessed", and Moses God who declared God is not remote El Shaddai, but Yahweh [Exodus6:3]present in His people. As Jesus demonstrated by his life, God was the one present within the human experience, and not an oppressive Judge binding man in legal religious ritual but a liberator of the pure spirit of God within those of faith.

State law isn't the template for man it's there because man violates socially unacceptable behaviour. The righteousness Christ announced and lived stands supreme above State law enforced by Talmud following Judaisers and the Islamic Shari'ah.

The apostle Paul after murdering many of Christ's followers in the name of his God became a follower of the God of Christ Jesus, after a revelation that Jesus expressed that very nature of true God. He too as a follower of Christ finally submitted to the sword of Roman law after being accused by the Jewish zealots of preaching a false religion. So we choose to follow the God demonstrated in Christ and not the God demonstrated in Mahomet. There is a difference in the moral character of our God!
Posted by Philo, Friday, 30 December 2005 7:06:36 AM
Fellow_Human:As I said there is only one God, one Creator and that is the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob who is also the Father of this world's - yours also F/M - Saviour Jesus Christ.
He is NOT! the god of pagan (Biblical definition}islam, NOT the god of pedophilic, brutal mohamed.
We do not see immigration officers and security personal seeking out Methodists as terrorists. Nor are many? Presbyterian cowardly, stupid suicide bombers.
Nor are there many Christian nations passing laws regarding multiple wives as Malaysia is attempting.
Again no Christian nation has mut'ah marriages, one of the pillars of islamic misogeny.
NO Christian nation has brutal, bloody craven honour killings as do islamic nations.
* By their fruits you shall know them*
Please F/H you are free to worship any god you want, but please cease trying to kidnap Jesus Christ and make Him one of your so-called pagan prophets. numbat
Posted by numbat, Friday, 30 December 2005 2:15:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All